Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    The Real Jack Zwick
    Guest
    Payback is sweet:

    Stay away from SprintPCS.

    J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
    must be doing something wrong.

    - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
    average)

    - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

    - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
    so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
    activate "ReadyLink".

    - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

    - 24/7 phone support is History

    - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
    to rush you off the phone.

    - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

    - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

    - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
    as modem.

    - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
    unless you complain to the right person at
    right time.

    - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
    and then often finding out nothing was done.

    - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
    new phone with new 2 year contract.

    - Selling off Towers to play games with profitability.

    =================

    Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
    phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
    and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
    mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
    Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300,
    but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint
    promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.

    Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
    rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.

    =====================

    Do the forgers now want FAQs posted?
    Or phone numbers to Executive Services?



    See More: Forgers want you to know.




  2. #2
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Payback is sweet:
    >
    > Stay away from SprintPCS.
    >
    > J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
    > must be doing something wrong.
    >
    > - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
    > average)


    A figure you've *never* proven. And even if you *are* right, how strict
    is "average"?

    >
    > - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something


    Another allegation you've never proven.

    >
    > - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
    > so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
    > activate "ReadyLink".


    And another. Actually, 2 for 1.

    >
    > - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.
    >


    HOW long? No facts to back up your claims? As usual.

    > - 24/7 phone support is History


    Throw enough darts at the board, and, eventually, one will stick. So no
    24/7 support.

    >
    > - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
    > to rush you off the phone.


    The entire cell phone industry is rife with this.

    >
    > - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people


    HOW many? Or is asking for concrete proof too tough for you?

    >
    > - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.


    Based on what?

    >
    > - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
    > as modem.
    >
    > - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
    > unless you complain to the right person at
    > right time.


    A flat out lie. One you've been called on every time you've ever
    brought it up. But, as usual, you're all accusation, no discussion,
    and, most of all, no facts.

    >
    > - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
    > and then often finding out nothing was done.


    You have examples? Based on your past history, no, you don't.

    >
    > - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
    > new phone with new 2 year contract.


    Another lie. With the same tired history as the "Secret Warranties"
    malarky above.

    >
    > - Selling off Towers to play games with profitability.


    Choosing not to own towers isn't "playing games." It's a different
    business model. And the way communities are fighting new towers, an
    apparently smart one going forward.

    >
    > =================
    >
    > Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
    > phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
    > and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
    > mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
    > Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300,
    > but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint
    > promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.
    >
    > Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
    > rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
    >
    > =====================
    >
    > Do the forgers now want FAQs posted?
    > Or phone numbers to Executive Services?
    >


    Neither one of which would make you any more factual. You just aren't.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  3. #3
    Fred Hall
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:34:51 -0500, O/Siris <rØ[email protected]âst.nêt>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >[email protected] says...
    >> Payback is sweet:
    >>
    >> Stay away from SprintPCS.
    >>
    >> J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
    >> must be doing something wrong.
    >>
    >> - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
    >> average)

    >
    >A figure you've *never* proven. And even if you *are* right, how strict
    >is "average"?
    >
    >>
    >> - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

    >
    >Another allegation you've never proven.
    >
    >>
    >> - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
    >> so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
    >> activate "ReadyLink".

    >
    >And another. Actually, 2 for 1.
    >
    >>
    >> - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.
    >>

    >
    >HOW long? No facts to back up your claims? As usual.
    >
    >> - 24/7 phone support is History

    >
    >Throw enough darts at the board, and, eventually, one will stick. So no
    >24/7 support.
    >
    >>
    >> - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
    >> to rush you off the phone.

    >
    >The entire cell phone industry is rife with this.
    >
    >>
    >> - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

    >
    >HOW many? Or is asking for concrete proof too tough for you?
    >
    >>
    >> - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

    >
    >Based on what?
    >
    >>
    >> - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
    >> as modem.
    >>
    >> - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
    >> unless you complain to the right person at
    >> right time.

    >
    >A flat out lie. One you've been called on every time you've ever
    >brought it up. But, as usual, you're all accusation, no discussion,
    >and, most of all, no facts.
    >
    >>
    >> - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
    >> and then often finding out nothing was done.

    >
    >You have examples? Based on your past history, no, you don't.
    >
    >>
    >> - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
    >> new phone with new 2 year contract.

    >
    >Another lie. With the same tired history as the "Secret Warranties"
    >malarky above.
    >
    >>
    >> - Selling off Towers to play games with profitability.

    >
    >Choosing not to own towers isn't "playing games." It's a different
    >business model. And the way communities are fighting new towers, an
    >apparently smart one going forward.
    >
    >>
    >> =================
    >>
    >> Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
    >> phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
    >> and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
    >> mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
    >> Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 7300,
    >> but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v400 will accept over 830. Sprint
    >> promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.
    >>
    >> Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
    >> rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
    >>
    >> =====================
    >>
    >> Do the forgers now want FAQs posted?
    >> Or phone numbers to Executive Services?
    >>

    >
    >Neither one of which would make you any more factual. You just aren't.


    So what else is new? For a real life PhD Bill Frank aka Phillipe aka
    Jack Zwick is pretty stupid.


    --

    No need to put up with a newsgroup full of incorrect information by
    self-appointed know it alls, with unbearable arrogance. No need to fight
    through virus and worm laden posts. No need to fight through personal
    vendettas, and obscenity laden posts.

    Bill Frank, cellular spankard, leaves alt.cellular.sprintpcs forever on Aug 4, 2004



  4. #4
    DecTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    The Real Jack Zwick wrote:
    > J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service.

    Sprint
    > must be doing something wrong.


    No, you are wrong. Of the six carriers rated in the J.D Power Customer
    Care Performance ratings, Sprint was ranked as less than "Does not
    really stand out"...* but * so * did * AT&T *and * Cingular. Not
    stellar, but not the worst and not the only poor preformer.
    http://www.jdpower.com/cc/telecom/ra...eless/Find.jsp

    >
    > - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
    > average)


    So what?? *ALL* call centers have a target AVERAGE call handling time.
    Some calls may take 30 minutes to resolve, some less than three. I'm
    sure that O/Sirus can gives a better breakdown, as HE worked there...you
    never have.

    > - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something


    So what?? My USAA Insurance Company does it too.

    > - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,


    I doubt that. All call centers have a built in factor to allow for
    escalated calls and unless an agent really is not on the ball, it won't
    count against them.


    > - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.


    I don't call tech support that often, but then I know what the hell I'm
    doing. All call centers will experience long wait times over 20 or 30
    minutes or pick any number you want.

    > - 24/7 phone support is History


    So what?? As with many other call centers.

    > - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
    > as modem.


    OK..THAT is true. I went in to buy a wall wart power supply for the
    power jack on my phone so that I could use my USB for a modem. The sales
    rep asked if I was using as a modem and said "You're not supposed to do
    it, but many people do...and I didn't tell you that."

    > Back years ago when I signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,


    Years ago, wireless was VERY VERY VERY expensive. On the order of 200
    minutes for $50.

    > phones were less expensive,


    And phones were dumb as a brick...like you.

    > Sprint
    > promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 5 years later.


    Cingular does the same thing.


    Honestly...I know some drag queens have better class than you.



  5. #5
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > So what?? *ALL* call centers have a target AVERAGE call handling time.
    > Some calls may take 30 minutes to resolve, some less than three. I'm
    > sure that O/Sirus can gives a better breakdown, as HE worked there...you
    > never have.
    >


    As you state, *every* call center has average handle time (AHT) goals.
    They have to. It's the only way to predict manpower needs vs call
    volume.

    So yeah, that includes Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, anyone that runs
    a significant call center. I consider AHT goals to be internal
    information, so I choose not to reveal the number. But I *can* say I
    met it once the 18 months I was there, and I was never put on any
    corrective action for it.

    That hardly sounds like the "strict" enforcement the self-proclaimed
    cellular industry "expert" wants you to believe.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  6. #6
    Jerome Zelinske
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    Well, yeah, you want the csrs to know what they are doing and get the
    customers problems fixed as soon as possible. That makes for happier
    customers. Efficiency looks good from both sides of the problem.



  7. #7
    DecTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    O/Siris wrote:
    > As you state, *every* call center has average handle time (AHT) goals.
    > They have to. It's the only way to predict manpower needs vs call
    > volume.


    When I was the quality assurance manager over 400 agents in a 1,500
    agent call center AHT was an important metric for CSR skills evaluation
    and staffing.

    I could do an ordered sort by AHT and target agents that had way to
    short times and way too long times. Short calls times usually indicated
    they were punting the call or giving bogus information. Long call times
    indicated training was needed.



  8. #8
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > I could do an ordered sort by AHT and target agents that had way to
    > short times and way too long times. Short calls times usually indicated
    > they were punting the call or giving bogus information. Long call times
    > indicated training was needed.
    >


    I would dispute any system that operated *solely* on AHT, but that's
    just a detail in the context of the conversation being had here.

    The simple fact is that a call center that "ignores" AHT has no idea how
    well it is or is not doing.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  9. #9
    DecTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: Forgers want you to know.

    O/Siris wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >
    >>I could do an ordered sort by AHT and target agents that had way to
    >>short times and way too long times. Short calls times usually indicated
    >>they were punting the call or giving bogus information. Long call times
    >>indicated training was needed.
    >>

    >
    >
    > I would dispute any system that operated *solely* on AHT, but that's
    > just a detail in the context of the conversation being had here.
    >
    > The simple fact is that a call center that "ignores" AHT has no idea how
    > well it is or is not doing.
    >


    I agree....depending on the contract, there were 15 to 22 metric points
    that had to be met, including tone of voice, proper greeting and
    closing, skill at anrrowing the scope of the issue,etc.



  • Similar Threads