Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Todd
    Guest
    Early in July my Sprint Vision Content Manager disappeared from my phone.
    Any attempt to download games or ringers results in a message: "LOGIN ERROR
    Application error. We regret this inconvenience. Please try again later."

    Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, and Applications are also gone from Sprint's
    web site for the phone, a Sanyo PM-8200.

    From time to time over the last couple of months I have called Sprint asking
    them for help in fixing the problem, but no one I have spoken to has a
    solution. I have talked with the Vision people at a phone number a customer
    service representative kindly provided me, but the Vision rep offered no
    solution either. He was only able to take a report on the problem. That
    was over a month ago. The problem remains.

    I like the phone and will keep it even if I don't get the Sprint Vision
    service back, but if you have any ideas on what needs to be done to get the
    phone back on track, your thoughts would be very much appreciated. By the
    way, I am still being charged a monthly fee ($15) for the Vision service,
    and when I call customer service, they confirm that the service is supposed
    to be available on the phone.

    The next time I call customer service to face them with the problem again, I
    would like to set them on the right track, but since I have no idea what is
    causing this strange problem, I don't know how to help them. If you have
    any ideas, thanks!

    Still a Sprint Fan,
    Todd R





    See More: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone




  2. #2
    Tinman
    Guest

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    Todd wrote:
    > Early in July my Sprint Vision Content Manager disappeared from my
    > phone. Any attempt to download games or ringers results in a message:
    > "LOGIN ERROR Application error. We regret this inconvenience. Please
    > try again later."
    > Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, and Applications are also gone from
    > Sprint's web site for the phone, a Sanyo PM-8200.
    >


    I don't have a solution. But I do have a Sanyo 8200 (software version
    1.007SP, hardware 0202). I have seen some (most?) of the other reports
    of the this issue also involved the Sanyo 8200. In any event, it hasn't
    happened to me. In the last couple of weeks alone, I've subscribed,
    cancelled, and re-subscribed to MobiMLB (7.99/month!) without issue. In
    other words, I can get into Content Manager just fine.

    I would almost think it is phone-related (or the phone's software
    version), but the problem, as reported, also seems to affect the Web
    site too. Weird. Once again, I don't have the problem on the Web site
    either.

    You would think SPCS would want to get this fixed, as I'm guessing
    people want to actually SPEND MONEY. Yet, once again, the geniuses that
    run SPCS's IT systems break something that actually generates revenue
    (whereas their department is generally in the "expense" column <g>).


    --
    Mike





  3. #3
    Cindy
    Guest

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    Todd,

    I have the same trouble with my two phones, although I'm not sure when the
    problem began. I only use the download function now and then.

    I have two Sanyo VM-4500s.

    Unfortunately, last week the problem went from bad to worse!

    Now when I choose "Home" (Item 1) from the Vision menu, I also get the error
    screen you described: "LOGIN ERROR Application error. We regret this
    inconvenience. Please try again later."

    Selecting that page returns the message "There has been an application
    error! Please contact your system administrator to report this error."

    Previously this was the page that offered basic web choices, such as the
    ability to select Yahoo!, CNN, or ABC news. Those menu options are now
    gone.

    As you described with your phone, the ability to download games and such
    from the Content Manager has vanished from both of my phones.

    Since the error message asked that I "try again later," I expected that the
    problem would clear itself up soon. I'm starting to think that was a
    incorrect assumption.

    Cindy


    "Todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Early in July my Sprint Vision Content Manager disappeared from my phone.
    > Any attempt to download games or ringers results in a message: "LOGIN
    > ERROR Application error. We regret this inconvenience. Please try again
    > later."
    >
    > Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, and Applications are also gone from
    > Sprint's web site






  4. #4
    News Reader
    Guest

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    I'm seeing the same thing on my VM-4500. Since the system upgrade, there
    is an icon of a key beneath the message that takes you to a second error
    message saying to contact the system's administrator. Hmm, who might
    that be?

    -anne

    Cindy wrote:
    > Todd,
    >
    > I have the same trouble with my two phones, although I'm not sure when the
    > problem began. I only use the download function now and then.
    >
    > I have two Sanyo VM-4500s.
    >
    > Unfortunately, last week the problem went from bad to worse!
    >
    > Now when I choose "Home" (Item 1) from the Vision menu, I also get the error
    > screen you described: "LOGIN ERROR Application error. We regret this
    > inconvenience. Please try again later."
    >
    > Selecting that page returns the message "There has been an application
    > error! Please contact your system administrator to report this error."
    >
    > Previously this was the page that offered basic web choices, such as the
    > ability to select Yahoo!, CNN, or ABC news. Those menu options are now
    > gone.
    >
    > As you described with your phone, the ability to download games and such
    > from the Content Manager has vanished from both of my phones.
    >
    > Since the error message asked that I "try again later," I expected that the
    > problem would clear itself up soon. I'm starting to think that was a
    > incorrect assumption.
    >
    > Cindy
    >
    >
    > "Todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Early in July my Sprint Vision Content Manager disappeared from my phone.
    >>Any attempt to download games or ringers results in a message: "LOGIN
    >>ERROR Application error. We regret this inconvenience. Please try again
    >>later."
    >>
    >>Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, and Applications are also gone from
    >>Sprint's web site

    >
    >
    >




  5. #5
    Todd
    Guest

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    After two months of a missing content manager, the phone is finally back to
    normal.



    Getting a Technical Specialist on the line seemed to be the key to finding a
    solution. A Vision Tech rep worked for a couple of hours on the problem.
    The option to download content first re-appeared at the phone's web site.
    Later the phone's problems were solved too.



    Thanks for all of your ideas!



    Todd









  6. #6
    News Reader
    Guest

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    Could you let me know what the specialist did? I still have the problem.

    -anne

    Todd wrote:
    > After two months of a missing content manager, the phone is finally back to
    > normal.
    >
    >
    >
    > Getting a Technical Specialist on the line seemed to be the key to finding a
    > solution. A Vision Tech rep worked for a couple of hours on the problem.
    > The option to download content first re-appeared at the phone's web site.
    > Later the phone's problems were solved too.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for all of your ideas!
    >
    >
    >
    > Todd
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >




  7. #7
    Todd
    Guest

    Atten Anne: Re Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone

    Anne,

    The Vision Rep re-provisioned the phone for Vision. I believe Vision was
    removed and then reinstalled. When the content manager re-appeared, first
    at the web site and then later on the phone, all of my purchased content was
    still there. There was much commotion at a keyboard at the other end of the
    line, and a lot of what was being done was not explained to me, so there may
    be other elements involved.

    You should probably call from a land line since they may have you testing
    your Sprint phone from time to time. I used the standard SprintPCS number
    to reach them 1-888-211-4727.

    When you call in, say "Specialist" to the automated system. When answered,
    ask for a Vision Specialist Technician. Those two steps got me to the only
    person who was able to solve the problem. I have called a number of times
    before, without luck. This Vision Specialist Tech seemed determined to get
    the phone back as it should be. You may want to have a good book handy, I
    was on the line for over two hours. The phone was fixed about 45 minutes
    after the call ended since the provisioning was not complete when we hung
    up.

    I hope this helps. Good luck with your phone!

    Todd R

    "News Reader" <news[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Could you let me know what the specialist did? I still have the problem.
    >
    > -anne
    >>
    >>
    >>





  8. #8

    Re: Vision Problem- Content Manager Gone


    News Reader wrote:
    > Could you let me know what the specialist did? I still have the problem.
    >
    > -anne
    >


    Fear not, Sprint is currently recruiting Global Resources to correct
    this:

    LCA Database > Search > Employer List About | Reports | Search

    Company Applications Jobs
    SPRINT/UNITED MANAGEMENT CO 898 906
    SPRINT UNITED MANAGEMENT COMP 320 3,300

    > Todd wrote:
    > > After two months of a missing content manager, the phone is finally back to
    > > normal.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Getting a Technical Specialist on the line seemed to be the key to finding a
    > > solution. A Vision Tech rep worked for a couple of hours on the problem.
    > > The option to download content first re-appeared at the phone's web site.
    > > Later the phone's problems were solved too.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Thanks for all of your ideas!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Todd
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >





  • Similar Threads