Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Bruce Richards
    Guest
    My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a Sprint
    store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it. To which
    they could not get it to work.

    They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which had
    her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for the
    photo.

    Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?

    Thanks
    Bruce



    See More: LG 325 after hardware update




  2. #2
    k
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in news:5fP0f.2141
    [email protected]:

    > My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    > longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a Sprint
    > store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it. To which
    > they could not get it to work.
    >
    > They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which had
    > her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    > pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    > where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for the
    > photo.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bruce
    >


    I have been back and forth with Sprint for several days with the same
    problem. Today I pay 150.00 and am going to Cingular. this problem seems
    unfixable as far as Sprint is concearned



  3. #3
    Bruce Richards
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    k wrote:
    > Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in news:5fP0f.2141
    > [email protected]:
    >
    >
    >>My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    >>longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a Sprint
    >>store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it. To which
    >>they could not get it to work.
    >>
    >>They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which had
    >>her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    >>pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    >>where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for the
    >>photo.
    >>
    >>Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Bruce
    >>

    >
    >
    > I have been back and forth with Sprint for several days with the same
    > problem. Today I pay 150.00 and am going to Cingular. this problem seems
    > unfixable as far as Sprint is concearned


    Certainly someone must have knowledge on how to get it working. Can't
    they roll back the update?



  4. #4
    k
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > k wrote:
    >> Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:5fP0f.2141 [email protected]:
    >>
    >>
    >>>My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    >>>longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a
    >>>Sprint store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it.
    >>>To which they could not get it to work.
    >>>
    >>>They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which
    >>>had her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    >>>pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    >>>where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for
    >>>the photo.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Bruce
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> I have been back and forth with Sprint for several days with the same
    >> problem. Today I pay 150.00 and am going to Cingular. this problem
    >> seems unfixable as far as Sprint is concearned

    >
    > Certainly someone must have knowledge on how to get it working. Can't
    > they roll back the update?
    >

    No one here in Los Angeles can I have tried everything. I hope someone
    can do something



  5. #5

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update


    k wrote:
    > Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > k wrote:
    > >> Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> news:5fP0f.2141 [email protected]:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    > >>>longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a
    > >>>Sprint store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it.
    > >>>To which they could not get it to work.
    > >>>
    > >>>They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which
    > >>>had her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    > >>>pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    > >>>where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for
    > >>>the photo.
    > >>>
    > >>>Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?
    > >>>
    > >>>Thanks
    > >>>Bruce
    > >>>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> I have been back and forth with Sprint for several days with the same
    > >> problem. Today I pay 150.00 and am going to Cingular. this problem
    > >> seems unfixable as far as Sprint is concearned

    > >
    > > Certainly someone must have knowledge on how to get it working. Can't
    > > they roll back the update?
    > >

    > No one here in Los Angeles can I have tried everything. I hope someone
    > can do something


    It's a nationwide network problem affecting two or three different LG
    models. It is not a phone problem. I can't send pics with my PM 225
    either and neither can anyone else who has one for about the last week.
    Sprint is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. It has
    nothing to do with the latest version you got. It was just a
    coincidence that it stopped working right when you got your phone
    updated.




  6. #6
    Joseph Huber
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    On 5 Oct 2005 10:29:19 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >It's a nationwide network problem affecting two or three different LG
    >models. It is not a phone problem. I can't send pics with my PM 225
    >either and neither can anyone else who has one for about the last week.
    > Sprint is aware of the problem and are working on a fix.


    It would seem so simple for Sprint to put this kind of info up on
    their website so customers can check to see what is going on. These
    type of crazy phone-specific outages seem to be coming more prevalent.
    There was a Sanyo one not too long ago. Unfortunately, it seems that
    Sprint can't even manage to inform their own store employees about
    these things...
    Joe Huber
    [email protected]



  7. #7
    William Brinkley
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    It is not as simple as it seems. Every cell phone ever made with every
    software upfate
    has to be tested. Why? People dom't tend to upgrade their phones. The
    reason is simple,
    the phones don't work while the software upgrade is being done or the hassle
    of learning
    a new phones buttons. They try to test all variation of every phone but
    they do drop the
    oldest software versions on the least used phones. There are millions of
    combinations of
    phone/software. That is why a certain phone with a certain softtware load
    may not work.

    They would not put a new upgrade out intentionally cutting off customers
    [that's money!].
    There is no database because they don't know about the specific problem with
    that phone
    with that load of software. It takes user groups like this to point out the
    missed items.

    Bill

    "Joseph Huber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 5 Oct 2005 10:29:19 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >>It's a nationwide network problem affecting two or three different LG
    >>models. It is not a phone problem. I can'out problemst send pics with my
    >>PM 225
    >>either and neither can anyone else who has one for about the last week.
    >> Sprint is aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

    >
    > It would seem so simple for Sprint to put this kind of info up on
    > their website so customers can check to see what is going on. These
    > type of crazy phone-specific outages seem to be coming more prevalent.
    > There was a Sanyo one not too long ago. Unfortunately, it seems that
    > Sprint can't even manage to inform their own store employees about
    > these things...
    > Joe Huber
    > [email protected]






  8. #8
    Joseph Huber
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:32:25 GMT, "William Brinkley" wrote:

    >It is not as simple as it seems.


    What's so hard about maintaining a webpage that lists present known
    problems, or about sending out emails to the stores to let them know
    that a problem has been found?

    Joe Huber
    [email protected]



  9. #9
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update


    "Joseph Huber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:32:25 GMT, "William Brinkley" wrote:
    >
    >>It is not as simple as it seems.

    >
    > What's so hard about maintaining a webpage that lists present known
    > problems, or about sending out emails to the stores to let them know
    > that a problem has been found?
    >
    > Joe Huber
    > [email protected]


    Hells bells Joe ... A few of us old timers have been asking for something
    like that for the past 7 years ... . In saying that, I don't believe any
    wireless provider offers a "Phone or Coverage problem page"

    As for emails to the stores, I was under the impression they do that, at
    least to the technician.

    Bob





  10. #10
    ojo-malformed
    Guest

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:29:19 -0700, larryt510 wrote:

    >
    > k wrote:
    >> Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > k wrote:
    >> >> Bruce Richards <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> >> news:5fP0f.2141 [email protected]:
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >>>My wife has an LG 325 and after the latest hardware update it will no
    >> >>>longer send pictures using Vision. We have taken the phone to a
    >> >>>Sprint store where they tried to determine what was wrong with it. To
    >> >>>which they could not get it to work.
    >> >>>
    >> >>>They gave us a phone number to contact the Vision support team which
    >> >>>had her reset her pictures account. Still the phone will not upload
    >> >>>pictures. It keeps getting an error when going from the selection of
    >> >>>where the picture is to go and the screen where you enter text for
    >> >>>the photo.
    >> >>>
    >> >>>Does anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?
    >> >>>
    >> >>>Thanks
    >> >>>Bruce
    >> >>>
    >> >>>
    >> >>
    >> >> I have been back and forth with Sprint for several days with the same
    >> >> problem. Today I pay 150.00 and am going to Cingular. this problem
    >> >> seems unfixable as far as Sprint is concearned
    >> >
    >> > Certainly someone must have knowledge on how to get it working. Can't
    >> > they roll back the update?
    >> >

    >> No one here in Los Angeles can I have tried everything. I hope someone
    >> can do something

    >
    > It's a nationwide network problem affecting two or three different LG
    > models. It is not a phone problem. I can't send pics with my PM 225
    > either and neither can anyone else who has one for about the last week.
    > Sprint is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. It has
    > nothing to do with the latest version you got. It was just a coincidence
    > that it stopped working right when you got your phone updated.


    My ability to transmit pics on picturemail has now been down for 8 days.
    Repeated calls to c/service and the data people confirm that Sprint is
    still working on a fix. The problem seems to be for the LG PM-225 and
    PM-325. On my PM-325 I checked for a firmware update just to see what it
    would do. The latest release is V20. The only visible change after the
    update was that the cute sea-quarium bootup scene which I liked has been
    replaced by the yellow Sprint logo which gives me the shivers, lol. The
    change from V19 to V20 had no effect on picturemail.

    If anybody gets a handle on a fix, please post. I doubt Sprint is going
    to call us all and say "here ya go baby!" If word comes along as to
    service credits being offered, I'd like to know.

    thanks,
    ojo




  11. #11

    Re: LG 325 after hardware update

    My girlfriend has the 325 and I have the 225. Today she went to Sprint
    and they uploaded the patch which fixed her phone. I still could not
    before AND after the patch . She just sent me a picture and it let me
    respond with another picture and now I can send pictures. I talked to
    Sprint and all they will do is prorate the days of Vision service
    (about $7) and they had no intention of letting anyone know the status
    of this issue. What can I say, Sprint Cust Svc SUCKS




  • Similar Threads

    1. alt.cellular.verizon
    2. alt.cellular.verizon
    3. alt.cellular.verizon
    4. alt.cellular.verizon