Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JT
    Guest
    I'm in a need to send faxes and would like to use my Sanyo 6400 to connect
    to a fax modem to send a fax.

    Is this possilble and if so, how is this done. Or, is there do I need some
    other sprint phone to be able to do this with?

    Thanks,
    JT





    See More: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect to a fax modem?




  2. #2
    carcarx
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect to a fax modem?

    The 6400 can't do it. The 6200 can.




  3. #3
    JT
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect to a fax modem?

    Okay. What do I look for to know myself if a sprint phone can fax?

    Thanks,
    JT

    "carcarx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The 6400 can't do it. The 6200 can.
    >






  4. #4
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect to a faxmodem?

    JT wrote:
    >
    > Okay. What do I look for to know myself if a sprint phone can fax?
    >
    > <snip>


    http://www.phonescoop.com

    Notan



  5. #5
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect toa fax modem?

    Notan wrote:
    > JT wrote:
    >> Okay. What do I look for to know myself if a sprint phone can fax?
    >>
    >> <snip>

    >
    > http://www.phonescoop.com


    Their database does not seem to indicate which phones have fax capability.



    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.



  6. #6
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect toa faxmodem?

    Isaiah Beard wrote:
    >
    > Notan wrote:
    > > JT wrote:
    > >> Okay. What do I look for to know myself if a sprint phone can fax?
    > >>
    > >> <snip>

    > >
    > > http://www.phonescoop.com

    >
    > Their database does not seem to indicate which phones have fax capability.


    I'm assuming that phones with data capabilities also have fax capabilities.

    Bad assumption?

    Notan



  7. #7
    carcarx
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect toa fax modem?


    Notan wrote:

    > I'm assuming that phones with data capabilities also have fax capabilities.
    >
    > Bad assumption?



    Bad assumption.




  8. #8
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect to a fax modem?


    "JT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Okay. What do I look for to know myself if a sprint phone can fax?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > JT


    Not sure how many, if any, current SPCS phones have the capability to fax
    from a laptop. You might look into internet faxing, to where you subscribe
    to a service, send them the file, and they fax it out for you. Check out
    this link for the services available - http://tinyurl.com/n2yso

    Bob





  9. #9
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect toa faxmodem?

    carcarx wrote:
    >
    > Notan wrote:
    >
    > > I'm assuming that phones with data capabilities also have fax capabilities.
    > >
    > > Bad assumption?

    >
    > Bad assumption.


    Why?

    If the fax is originating from one's PC, how is that any different that other data?

    Notan



  10. #10
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: How can I use my Sanyo 6400 or any Sprint phone to connect toafax modem?

    Notan wrote:
    > carcarx wrote:
    >> Notan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm assuming that phones with data capabilities also have fax capabilities.
    >>>
    >>> Bad assumption?

    >> Bad assumption.

    >
    > Why?
    >
    > If the fax is originating from one's PC, how is that any different that other data


    It's VERY different. Faxes are circuit-switched data (CSD), and go over
    data infrastructure that was set up in the bad old days of cdmaOne.

    Newer phones use the cdma2000 set of standards, which incorporate packet
    data. Trying to send a fax over 1xRTT or EVDO is a lot like hooking
    your fax machine up to an ethernet jack; it simply won't work. The
    signalling formats are different, the data goes over a network
    infrastructure that's different, and data is sent in ways that are
    incompatible with a fax.

    There WERE some early 1xRTT phones that could, with some finesse and
    hacking, set up a connection over the CSD infrastructure, but not all
    phone models could do it. And while I don't think anyone has tried to
    do the same with an EVDO device, I highly doubt any of them support CSD.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.



  • Similar Threads