Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest
    Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to Embark.

    Sprint PCS - red triangle
    Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather
    Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?

    That outta cover all the primary colors.



    See More: The name game - Sprint's new name




  2. #2
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <[email protected]> on Wed, 31 May 2006
    21:32:18 GMT, DecaturTxCowboy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to Embark.
    >
    >Sprint PCS - red triangle
    >Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather
    >Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?
    >
    >That outta cover all the primary colors.


    This is relevant to Cingular ... how?

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  3. #3
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name


    "John Navas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <[email protected]> on Wed, 31 May 2006
    > 21:32:18 GMT, DecaturTxCowboy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to
    >>Embark.
    >>
    >>Sprint PCS - red triangle
    >>Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather
    >>Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?
    >>
    >>That outta cover all the primary colors.

    >
    > This is relevant to Cingular ... how?
    >


    As relevent as your Vodafone post from earlier today, childish hypocrite.





  4. #4
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    John Navas wrote:
    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <[email protected]> on Wed, 31 May 2006
    > 21:32:18 GMT, DecaturTxCowboy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to Embark.
    >>
    >> Sprint PCS - red triangle
    >> Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather
    >> Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?
    >>
    >> That outta cover all the primary colors.

    >
    > This is relevant to Cingular ... how?



    It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.



  5. #5
    Bishoop
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name


    "DecaturTxCowboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > John Navas wrote:
    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <[email protected]> on Wed, 31 May 2006
    >> 21:32:18 GMT, DecaturTxCowboy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to
    >>> Embark.
    >>>
    >>> Sprint PCS - red triangle
    >>> Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather
    >>> Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?
    >>>
    >>> That outta cover all the primary colors.

    >>
    >> This is relevant to Cingular ... how?

    >
    >
    > It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.


    A few years ago I frequented a DSL news group. This know-it-all Navas
    character was there with the exact same attitude, and same problems with
    other posters.

    Time doesn't change some things.





  6. #6
    Tinman
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Bishoop wrote:
    > "DecaturTxCowboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> John Navas wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This is relevant to Cingular ... how?

    >>
    >>
    >> It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.

    >
    > A few years ago I frequented a DSL news group. This know-it-all Navas
    > character was there with the exact same attitude, and same problems
    > with other posters.
    >
    > Time doesn't change some things.


    Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as time
    goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will. Trust me.


    --
    Mike





  7. #7
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Tinman wrote:
    >
    > Bishoop wrote:
    > > "DecaturTxCowboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> John Navas wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>> This is relevant to Cingular ... how?
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.

    > >
    > > A few years ago I frequented a DSL news group. This know-it-all Navas
    > > character was there with the exact same attitude, and same problems
    > > with other posters.
    > >
    > > Time doesn't change some things.

    >
    > Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as time
    > goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will. Trust me.


    This Navas thing is getting *real* old.

    Notan



  8. #8
    Tinman
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Notan wrote:
    > Tinman wrote:
    >>
    >> Bishoop wrote:
    >>> "DecaturTxCowboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]
    >>>> John Navas wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> This is relevant to Cingular ... how?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.
    >>>
    >>> A few years ago I frequented a DSL news group. This know-it-all
    >>> Navas character was there with the exact same attitude, and same
    >>> problems with other posters.
    >>>
    >>> Time doesn't change some things.

    >>
    >> Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as
    >> time goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will.
    >> Trust me.

    >
    > This Navas thing is getting *real* old.


    If yer gonna emphasize, at least word it correctLY.


    --
    Mike





  9. #9
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Tinman wrote:
    >
    > Notan wrote:
    > > Tinman wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Bishoop wrote:
    > >>> "DecaturTxCowboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>> news:[email protected]
    > >>>> John Navas wrote:
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> This is relevant to Cingular ... how?
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> It relates to cellular communications. Your Walmart posts didn't.
    > >>>
    > >>> A few years ago I frequented a DSL news group. This know-it-all
    > >>> Navas character was there with the exact same attitude, and same
    > >>> problems with other posters.
    > >>>
    > >>> Time doesn't change some things.
    > >>
    > >> Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as
    > >> time goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will.
    > >> Trust me.

    > >
    > > This Navas thing is getting *real* old.

    >
    > If yer gonna emphasize, at least word it correctLY.


    I stand corrected.

    Notan



  10. #10
    Tinman
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    <Cingular NG removed>
    Notan wrote:
    > Tinman wrote:
    >>
    >> Notan wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This Navas thing is getting *real* old.

    >>
    >> If yer gonna emphasize, at least word it correctLY.

    >
    > I stand corrected.


    LOL! <g>


    --
    Mike





  11. #11
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Tinman wrote:

    > Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as time
    > goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will. Trust me.


    You guys are too young to remember that John Navas used to post useful
    information on modems ("http://modemfaq.home.att.net/"), while it was
    his brother Jim exhibited the behavior that John exhibits these days.

    Just as there now is a John Navas collection (see
    "http://tinyurl.com/moern"), there was a Jim Navas collection as well
    (see "http://tinyurl.com/mbytf").

    I just wish that Navas would at least stop his off-topic posts. No one
    expects him to post factual information, but at least he could post his
    incorrect information in the proper newsgroup.



  12. #12
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    DecaturTxCowboy wrote:
    > Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to
    > Embark.


    Actually, it's been spun off, and is officially no longer part of Sprint.

    >
    > Sprint PCS - red triangle
    > Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather


    Actually, a yellow "pin drop"

    > Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?


    No, it's a green paper airplane:

    http://www.embarq.com

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.



  13. #13
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    Isaiah Beard wrote:
    > DecaturTxCowboy wrote:
    >> Only to add to the confusion, the Sprint telco side is rebranding to
    >> Embark.

    >
    > Actually, it's been spun off, and is officially no longer part of Sprint.
    >
    >>
    >> Sprint PCS - red triangle
    >> Sprint/Nextel - yellow feather

    >
    > Actually, a yellow "pin drop"
    >
    >> Embark - blue "death star", ala AT&T?

    >
    > No, it's a green paper airplane:
    >
    > http://www.embarq.com


    That is so funny! The GREEN Ebarq motiff. I didn't know about the
    change till last week and coincidently I had changed all my biz websites
    to a similar green motif a a few weeks ago. It was pure coincidence!

    I went with the green because:

    1) More in line with my farm/ranch/rodeo website.

    2) Carhartt workwear doesn't carry a particular style of jacket I really
    liked in dark blue anymore, only dark green. Ok, that was a weak reason.




  14. #14
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    SMS wrote:
    > Tinman wrote:
    >
    >> Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as time
    >> goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will. Trust me.


    Your collection of Navas tidbits made my day! High Five to ya!
    http://tinyurl.com/moern http://tinyurl.com/mbytf

    This one was pricelss;

    From: JNavas1
    Date: Thurs, May 1 1997 12:00 am

    *If you can't get your facts straight, then just shut up!*
    Jim Navas

    > You guys are too young to remember that John Navas used to post useful
    > information on modems ("http://modemfaq.home.att.net/"),


    I remember his modem info quite well, but like I posted a week ago...

    > while it was
    > his brother Jim exhibited the behavior that John exhibits these days.


    Must have been something in the water or stupidity is genetic.



  15. #15
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: The name game - Sprint's new name

    SMS wrote:
    > Tinman wrote:
    >
    >> Alas, it's changing this thing: Navas is clearly getting worse as time
    >> goes by. You just haven't seen him hit a new low yet. He will. Trust me.


    Your collection of Navas tidbits made my day! High Five to ya!
    http://tinyurl.com/moern http://tinyurl.com/mbytf

    This one was pricelss;

    From: JNavas1
    Date: Thurs, May 1 1997 12:00 am

    *If you can't get your facts straight, then just shut up!*
    Jim Navas

    > You guys are too young to remember that John Navas used to post useful
    > information on modems ("http://modemfaq.home.att.net/"),


    I remember his modem info quite well, but like I posted a week ago...

    An excellent demonstration of his *research skills*, but no
    original thinking.

    Kind of like a movie reviewer - knows his movies, but never
    directed one.

    > while it was
    > his brother Jim exhibited the behavior that John exhibits these days.


    Must have been something in the water or stupidity is genetic.



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast