Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest
    So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously have
    close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology). I
    would like to see the newer model motorola phones available and not just a hit
    or miss low-end phone.

    It would be nice to see:

    Razor V3m
    KRZR K1m
    SLVR L7c

    and other current and upcoming phones. Why does every carrier but Sprint get
    this stuff?

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





    See More: When will Sprint get Motorola?




  2. #2
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously have
    > close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology).



    Don't let their relationship via Nextel fool you. Sprint's only in bed
    with Motorola because they are the exclusive provider for iDEN
    infrastructure, and because the network is basically a closed system.
    If Sprint had the choice, they'd probably end that relationship FAST.

    I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.



    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.



  3. #3
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Isaiah Beard <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >> So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously have
    >> close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology).

    >
    >
    > Don't let their relationship via Nextel fool you. Sprint's only in bed
    > with Motorola because they are the exclusive provider for iDEN
    > infrastructure, and because the network is basically a closed system.
    > If Sprint had the choice, they'd probably end that relationship FAST.
    >
    > I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    > Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.
    >


    Considering that there is a cult following for the #1 and #2 manufacturers of
    cellular phones, that is likely a bad business decision. I know my Daughter
    is in love with her friends Cingular Razr ... and she has said she would be
    more than happy with a Verizon Razr V3m. I am not sure that I can afford her,
    but that is what she is saying so I am sure other parents hear the same thing.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  4. #4
    Mij Adyaw
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Sprint has the Blade Samsung A900 phone and from what I understand, it has
    more features and better looks than the Razr.

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Isaiah Beard <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >>> So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously
    >>> have
    >>> close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology).

    >>
    >>
    >> Don't let their relationship via Nextel fool you. Sprint's only in bed
    >> with Motorola because they are the exclusive provider for iDEN
    >> infrastructure, and because the network is basically a closed system.
    >> If Sprint had the choice, they'd probably end that relationship FAST.
    >>
    >> I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    >> Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.
    >>

    >
    > Considering that there is a cult following for the #1 and #2 manufacturers
    > of
    > cellular phones, that is likely a bad business decision. I know my
    > Daughter
    > is in love with her friends Cingular Razr ... and she has said she would
    > be
    > more than happy with a Verizon Razr V3m. I am not sure that I can afford
    > her,
    > but that is what she is saying so I am sure other parents hear the same
    > thing.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse
    > Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1
    >
    >






  5. #5
    Mij Adyaw
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Motorola is known for having the best RF performance of any cell phones. I
    have owned several Motorola phones and can validate that fact. On the other
    hand, Motorola's typically have lame user interfaces and the user interfaces
    have a slow response time. I would like for Sprint to start offering
    Motorola Phones simply because of the exceptional RF performance. Folks say
    that Sanyo has good RF performance, however, it doesn't compare to Motorola.


    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Isaiah Beard <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >>> So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously
    >>> have
    >>> close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology).

    >>
    >>
    >> Don't let their relationship via Nextel fool you. Sprint's only in bed
    >> with Motorola because they are the exclusive provider for iDEN
    >> infrastructure, and because the network is basically a closed system.
    >> If Sprint had the choice, they'd probably end that relationship FAST.
    >>
    >> I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    >> Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.
    >>

    >
    > Considering that there is a cult following for the #1 and #2 manufacturers
    > of
    > cellular phones, that is likely a bad business decision. I know my
    > Daughter
    > is in love with her friends Cingular Razr ... and she has said she would
    > be
    > more than happy with a Verizon Razr V3m. I am not sure that I can afford
    > her,
    > but that is what she is saying so I am sure other parents hear the same
    > thing.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse
    > Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1
    >
    >






  6. #6
    Joshua Putnam
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...
    > Motorola is known for having the best RF performance of any cell phones. I
    > have owned several Motorola phones and can validate that fact. On the other
    > hand, Motorola's typically have lame user interfaces and the user interfaces
    > have a slow response time. I would like for Sprint to start offering
    > Motorola Phones simply because of the exceptional RF performance. Folks say
    > that Sanyo has good RF performance, however, it doesn't compare to Motorola.


    Interesting thread. When I shop for phones on the Sprint web site in my
    area, they *do* carry Motorola (and Nokia). Not a huge selection, but
    they do carry them.

    --
    [email protected] is Joshua Putnam
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
    Updated Bicycle Touring Books List:
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/tourbooks.html>



  7. #7
    David G. Imber
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:03:32 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Motorola is known for having the best RF performance of any cell phones.


    [...]

    >Folks say that Sanyo has good RF performance, however, it doesn't compare to Motorola.


    Miij:

    In my area Sprint sells a Motorola phone called the "C290".
    It's very reasonably priced in fact. Are you suggesting that for
    ordinary calling this phone would provide better performance than my
    Sanyo's?

    I'm not interested in anything but good voice calling
    performance and reasonably well put-together equipment. If you say
    that this phone is superior to other Sprint offerings then I suppose
    it's the phone I should have.

    I actually did look around on sites like phonescoop, etc. at
    one point and found many critical comments against Motorola phones,
    both in terms of equipment quality issues in general and phone
    performance. Of course I did not at the time investigate the
    qualifications of those making the claims.

    DGI




  8. #8
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Mij Adyaw <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Sprint has the Blade Samsung A900 phone and from what I understand, it has
    > more features and better looks than the Razr.
    >


    Have you held that phone yet? It has a very cheap feel and I am not all that
    fond of the form factor as implmented by Samsung. Motorola used metal, which
    gives a sturdy feel lacking in the Blade.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  9. #9
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Joshua Putnam <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    > says...
    >> Motorola is known for having the best RF performance of any cell phones. I
    >> have owned several Motorola phones and can validate that fact. On the other
    >> hand, Motorola's typically have lame user interfaces and the user interfaces
    >> have a slow response time. I would like for Sprint to start offering
    >> Motorola Phones simply because of the exceptional RF performance. Folks say
    >> that Sanyo has good RF performance, however, it doesn't compare to Motorola.

    >
    > Interesting thread. When I shop for phones on the Sprint web site in my
    > area, they *do* carry Motorola (and Nokia). Not a huge selection, but
    > they do carry them.
    >


    They carry ... maybe one of each? They do not carry the models in demand [yet
    Verizon does]. Further, in the past, they didn't carry any and there is no
    real sign that they plan to carry the highly demanded models in the future
    either ... which is why I asked the question in the first place.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  10. #10
    Mij Adyaw
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    They are low-end phones.
    "Joshua Putnam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    > says...
    >> Motorola is known for having the best RF performance of any cell phones.
    >> I
    >> have owned several Motorola phones and can validate that fact. On the
    >> other
    >> hand, Motorola's typically have lame user interfaces and the user
    >> interfaces
    >> have a slow response time. I would like for Sprint to start offering
    >> Motorola Phones simply because of the exceptional RF performance. Folks
    >> say
    >> that Sanyo has good RF performance, however, it doesn't compare to
    >> Motorola.

    >
    > Interesting thread. When I shop for phones on the Sprint web site in my
    > area, they *do* carry Motorola (and Nokia). Not a huge selection, but
    > they do carry them.
    >
    > --
    > [email protected] is Joshua Putnam
    > <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
    > Updated Bicycle Touring Books List:
    > <http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/tourbooks.html>






  11. #11
    DonR.
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Sounds horrible. Worst sounding phone I have ever heard.

    "Mij Adyaw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Sprint has the Blade Samsung A900 phone and from what I understand, it has
    > more features and better looks than the Razr.
    >
    > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Isaiah Beard <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >>>> So, when will Sprint start carrying motorola phones? They obviously
    >>>> have
    >>>> close contacts with them via Nextel (as IDEN is a motorola technology).
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Don't let their relationship via Nextel fool you. Sprint's only in bed
    >>> with Motorola because they are the exclusive provider for iDEN
    >>> infrastructure, and because the network is basically a closed system.
    >>> If Sprint had the choice, they'd probably end that relationship FAST.
    >>>
    >>> I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    >>> Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Considering that there is a cult following for the #1 and #2
    >> manufacturers of
    >> cellular phones, that is likely a bad business decision. I know my
    >> Daughter
    >> is in love with her friends Cingular Razr ... and she has said she would
    >> be
    >> more than happy with a Verizon Razr V3m. I am not sure that I can afford
    >> her,
    >> but that is what she is saying so I am sure other parents hear the same
    >> thing.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thomas T. Veldhouse
    >> Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1
    >>
    >>

    >
    >






  12. #12
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse quoted Isaiah Beard:

    >> I do not know why, but it is evident that Sprint has no love lost for
    >> Motorola. Same appeared to be true of Nokia.


    Nokia CDMA phones were utter horsecrap for years. Verizon stopped selling
    Nokia for a while too.

    Not sure about Moto.

    --
    Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
    Apple Valley, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

    It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.



  13. #13
    Michael Arends
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Smiling Wickedly, Thomas T. Veldhouse answered:
    > Mij Adyaw <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Sprint has the Blade Samsung A900 phone and from what I understand, it has
    >> more features and better looks than the Razr.
    >>

    >
    > Have you held that phone yet? It has a very cheap feel and I am not all that
    > fond of the form factor as implmented by Samsung. Motorola used metal, which
    > gives a sturdy feel lacking in the Blade.
    >



    Sorry I have to ring the bull**** bell. I have a Blade, and I have been
    VERY happy with it. It doesn't feel flimsy at ALL. and Samsung uses
    metal too. Mine feels VERY sturdy. And the form factor is WAY nicer than
    a razr.

    --
    *.. ))
    . .))
    ((. .-::-((.(.(*. .*).)
    .. Michael .-::-






  14. #14
    Michael Arends
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    Smiling Wickedly, DonR. answered:
    > Sounds horrible. Worst sounding phone I have ever heard.


    Thats funny. The sound on Mine is one of the BEST ones I've had.

    --
    *.. ))
    . .))
    ((. .-::-((.(.(*. .*).)
    .. Michael .-::-






  15. #15
    David G. Imber
    Guest

    Re: When will Sprint get Motorola?

    On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:49:53 -0700, Steve Sobol <[email protected]>
    wrote:


    >Nokia CDMA phones were utter horsecrap for years. Verizon stopped selling
    >Nokia for a while too.


    I can't dispute that, but the key point is "for years".The
    Nokia 6185 was a huge seller for Sprint and it was an absolute
    stalwart. It had everything one needed around 2000-01. I seem to
    recall that there was a bad batch - so bad that they were recalled or
    something. This is just sketchy, but I seem to remember as well that
    the issue of quality control was at the root of Sprint's problems with
    Nokia. It was costing them too much money. But I had a perfect 6185.
    Amazing signal and sound, and it was very much in demand (I was able
    to get a good price for it) well past its prime. I'm sure there are
    many out there who remember this phone with great fondness.

    FWIW, DGI




  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast