Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    sw
    Guest
    Hello,

    I am unsure if anyone has a similar experience as I did today. I have
    been with Sprint PCS since 1998 (still have the 1st incoming minute
    free), and I am currently out of the contract on month-to-month basis. I
    just found out today that if anytime a Sprint PCS user change his or her
    equipment, ( changing an ESN) by buying a new phone to extend your
    existing contract by 2 years, or in my case simply swapping my phone
    with another used phone , then the account will not longer be eligible
    for $150 equipment credit for another 2 years.

    I do understand the logic that if you buy a new phone by accepting $150
    equipment credit to extend your existing agreement for 2 years, then you
    shall not be eligible for another $150 credit until the end of the term.
    However, I fail to comprehend the reason why Sprint is denying $150
    credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with another used
    phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have donated all my
    junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my agreement for 2 years.
    Thanks for listening. Sigh...

    -Carrera



    See More: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!




  2. #2
    Der.Merovingian
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    On 2006-09-20 00:07:05 -0400, sw <[email protected]> said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am unsure if anyone has a similar experience as I did today. I have
    > been with Sprint PCS since 1998 (still have the 1st incoming minute
    > free), and I am currently out of the contract on month-to-month basis.
    > I just found out today that if anytime a Sprint PCS user change his or
    > her equipment, ( changing an ESN) by buying a new phone to extend your
    > existing contract by 2 years, or in my case simply swapping my phone
    > with another used phone , then the account will not longer be eligible
    > for $150 equipment credit for another 2 years.
    >
    > I do understand the logic that if you buy a new phone by accepting $150
    > equipment credit to extend your existing agreement for 2 years, then
    > you shall not be eligible for another $150 credit until the end of the
    > term. However, I fail to comprehend the reason why Sprint is denying
    > $150 credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with
    > another used phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have
    > donated all my junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my
    > agreement for 2 years. Thanks for listening. Sigh...
    >
    > -Carrera


    Well, i have personally always known this, but i know the feeling.




  3. #3

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    If you still want your credit and you have been with sprint since 1998,
    and your out of contract (or never received your credit) just call
    customer service. I've done it before it works. Just say what you
    posted and mention that you dont feel like your being treated fairly
    for a customer thats been with them for 8 years. They will fix it.
    sw wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am unsure if anyone has a similar experience as I did today. I have
    > been with Sprint PCS since 1998 (still have the 1st incoming minute
    > free), and I am currently out of the contract on month-to-month basis. I
    > just found out today that if anytime a Sprint PCS user change his or her
    > equipment, ( changing an ESN) by buying a new phone to extend your
    > existing contract by 2 years, or in my case simply swapping my phone
    > with another used phone , then the account will not longer be eligible
    > for $150 equipment credit for another 2 years.
    >
    > I do understand the logic that if you buy a new phone by accepting $150
    > equipment credit to extend your existing agreement for 2 years, then you
    > shall not be eligible for another $150 credit until the end of the term.
    > However, I fail to comprehend the reason why Sprint is denying $150
    > credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with another used
    > phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have donated all my
    > junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my agreement for 2 years.
    > Thanks for listening. Sigh...
    >
    > -Carrera





  4. #4
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    sw <[email protected]> wrote:
    > credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with another used
    > phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have donated all my
    > junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my agreement for 2 years.
    > Thanks for listening. Sigh...
    >


    It happened to me ... among other things. I use Verizon now ... New Every Two
    is not bound to the ESN.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  5. #5
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    [email protected] wrote:
    > If you still want your credit and you have been with sprint since 1998,
    > and your out of contract (or never received your credit) just call
    > customer service. I've done it before it works. Just say what you
    > posted and mention that you dont feel like your being treated fairly
    > for a customer thats been with them for 8 years. They will fix it.


    I tried that ... and they told me that since I returned the phone I swapped
    out [after only one day] that I would no longer be eligible for a new
    discounted phone [Sprint PCS had no other phones that I wanted over my Sanyo
    7400 at that time]. Anytime you do something even remotely different than the
    *norm*, all hell breaks loose with your account ... beware.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  6. #6
    Joseph Huber
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:03:00 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:
    > Anytime you do something even remotely different than the
    >*norm*, all hell breaks loose with your account ... beware.


    Attention all Sprint users...print out several copies of the above
    quote, frame them, and hang them all over your domacile, lest you
    forget. In other words...been there, done that...
    Joe Huber
    [email protected]



  7. #7
    jim-g
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > sw <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with another used
    >> phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have donated all my
    >> junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my agreement for 2 years.
    >> Thanks for listening. Sigh...
    >>

    >
    > It happened to me ... among other things. I use Verizon now ... New Every Two
    > is not bound to the ESN.
    >

    Curious Tom....since you switched to Verizon, why are you interested in
    and posting in the Sprintpcs forum?

    --
    make any Reply to Newsgroup as return address is not valid.



  8. #8
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    "jim-g" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Curious Tom....since you switched to Verizon, why are you interested in
    > and posting in the Sprintpcs forum?


    I'm not Tom, but I'd like to answer that question from my viewpoint.
    I left Sprint for T-Mobile seven months ago, because Sprint
    couldn't accommodate my request to change my family plan
    to a single plan without a new two year contract. I never had
    a technical problem with Sprint. I follow this newsgroup
    because I like to keep up with what's new in wireless plans
    and technologies, and someday I may switch back to Sprint
    if the right combination of plan and phone comes along.

    --
    John Richards



  9. #9

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    Seems if you had been happy with everything up til then you would have
    stayed with sprint regardless of the contract requirement. Do not
    think for a moment that most ANY cell company is not going to ask for a
    2 yr renewal when you change a priceplan, including tmo, which I know
    for a fact requires the same [or at least a 1 year deal IF they still
    are offering that]
    It is good to get to know all the problems that people have with
    different providers, and to keep up on the changing tech side of things
    for sure. after viewing many different forums here, it seems that they
    all have their issues [many the same ones], so what is one to do,
    unless they have multiple billions to spend in creating their own
    network? Thank goodness email is still free! at least til the
    government starts taxing it <eg>




    John Richards wrote:
    > "jim-g" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > Curious Tom....since you switched to Verizon, why are you interested in
    > > and posting in the Sprintpcs forum?

    >
    > I'm not Tom, but I'd like to answer that question from my viewpoint.
    > I left Sprint for T-Mobile seven months ago, because Sprint
    > couldn't accommodate my request to change my family plan
    > to a single plan without a new two year contract. I never had
    > a technical problem with Sprint. I follow this newsgroup
    > because I like to keep up with what's new in wireless plans
    > and technologies, and someday I may switch back to Sprint
    > if the right combination of plan and phone comes along.
    >
    > --
    > John Richards





  10. #10
    Todd Allcock
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    At 24 Sep 2006 01:54:20 -0700 [email protected] wrote:
    > Seems if you had been happy with everything up til then you would have
    > stayed with sprint regardless of the contract requirement. Do not
    > think for a moment that most ANY cell company is not going to ask for a
    > 2 yr renewal when you change a priceplan, including tmo, which I know
    > for a fact requires the same [or at least a 1 year deal IF they still
    > are offering that]


    T-Mo only requires an extention if you change to a "promotional" plan.
    Changes to regular plans do not require extentions. (For example, the
    $39.99/mo for 600 minutes, w/free N/W is a "regular" plan. The $39.99
    1000 minutes without free N/W is "promotional".)




    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com




  11. #11
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    jim-g <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >> sw <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> credit for someone who swap out their broken old phone with another used
    >>> phone. Have I know this will be the case, I will have donated all my
    >>> junks and gladly accept $150 credit to renew my agreement for 2 years.
    >>> Thanks for listening. Sigh...
    >>>

    >>
    >> It happened to me ... among other things. I use Verizon now ... New Every Two
    >> is not bound to the ESN.
    >>

    > Curious Tom....since you switched to Verizon, why are you interested in
    > and posting in the Sprintpcs forum?
    >


    I was a long time customer, and only today settled my account with them. I
    can provide useful information to this group based on my experience with
    Sprint PCS. If you look, I have posted several constructive responses here
    lately and made no note of my own issues with Sprint PCS. Only when those
    issues are relavent do I post them.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1





  12. #12
    John McDonald
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    I have had sprint service for many years and have changed my plan
    mid-contract several times, without any punitive responses from sprint. I
    believe you may have dealt with sales associates that did not know enough
    information. If you don't like the answer you get, ask to speak to the
    manager. I never have a problem escalating, no matter what the service or
    company.

    "Joel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    "John Richards" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "jim-g" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Curious Tom....since you switched to Verizon, why are you interested in
    > > and posting in the Sprintpcs forum?

    >
    > I'm not Tom, but I'd like to answer that question from my viewpoint.
    > I left Sprint for T-Mobile seven months ago, because Sprint
    > couldn't accommodate my request to change my family plan
    > to a single plan without a new two year contract. I never had
    > a technical problem with Sprint. I follow this newsgroup
    > because I like to keep up with what's new in wireless plans
    > and technologies, and someday I may switch back to Sprint
    > if the right combination of plan and phone comes along.


    I have been with Sprint on the 3rd year (just renew 2 years contract), and
    I think I may switch to different company cuz I don't like the way Sprint
    trying to steal our $$, getting us stuck with the newer contract etc.. Cuz

    1. I had to renew or sign up for 2 years contract because I want to switch
    to a better Family Plan. With Verizon, I can switch any time I want without
    having to renew the 2 years contract (newer photo then may be but I never
    upgraded phone with Verizon)

    2. Verizon, I didn't even have to send in the Mail-In-Rebate, or they took
    $100 off on the same day I signed the contract.

    3. Sprint, I have to pay another $36 to activate each newer phones.

    4. And the bill is/was full of error. Or I have finally got 3 clean bills
    for the first time in over 2 years... or they always forgot to remove one to
    several options out of my 5 phones (or I was paying extra between
    $5-20/months).





  13. #13
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    Your experience has been different than mine.
    All I asked for in the way of a plan change was to drop
    my $20 "add-a-phone" option, but was told by several
    Sprint CSRs that it couldn't be done without a new
    two year contract. I threatened to quit, but they wouldn't
    budge. So I quit, they lost $70 a month in revenue, and
    I jumped ship to T-Mobile.

    --
    John Richards


    "John McDonald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >I have had sprint service for many years and have changed my plan
    > mid-contract several times, without any punitive responses from sprint. I
    > believe you may have dealt with sales associates that did not know enough
    > information. If you don't like the answer you get, ask to speak to the
    > manager. I never have a problem escalating, no matter what the service or
    > company.





  14. #14

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    Actually, the 600 minute plan with nights and weekends is a promo plan.
    the 600 minute plan with just free weekends is the non promo plan you
    were thinking of im sure. pretty much MOST of the rate plans that are
    what people usually want are considered promo, regardless of the length
    of time tmo has offered them. The one real exception is the 3000 min
    regional plan, whic hasnt required a renewal for atleast the last 5
    years, maybe longer.

    T-mobile csr



    Todd Allcock wrote:
    > At 24 Sep 2006 01:54:20 -0700 [email protected] wrote:
    > > Seems if you had been happy with everything up til then you would have
    > > stayed with sprint regardless of the contract requirement. Do not
    > > think for a moment that most ANY cell company is not going to ask for a
    > > 2 yr renewal when you change a priceplan, including tmo, which I know
    > > for a fact requires the same [or at least a 1 year deal IF they still
    > > are offering that]

    >
    > T-Mo only requires an extention if you change to a "promotional" plan.
    > Changes to regular plans do not require extentions. (For example, the
    > $39.99/mo for 600 minutes, w/free N/W is a "regular" plan. The $39.99
    > 1000 minutes without free N/W is "promotional".)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com





  15. #15
    Todd Allcock
    Guest

    Re: Swapping ESN will lost your equipment credit !!

    At 27 Sep 2006 04:53:16 -0700 [email protected] wrote:
    > Actually, the 600 minute plan with nights and weekends is a promo plan.
    > the 600 minute plan with just free weekends is the non promo plan you
    > were thinking of im sure. pretty much MOST of the rate plans that are
    > what people usually want are considered promo, regardless of the length
    > of time tmo has offered them. The one real exception is the 3000 min
    > regional plan, whic hasnt required a renewal for atleast the last 5
    > years, maybe longer.
    >
    > T-mobile csr
    >


    You are, of course, correct. My point, however, still stands- T-Mo
    offers competitive non-promo plans customers can switch among without
    extending their contracts.

    Obviously, the promotional plans are even better, and if you're willing
    to extend a commitment to get one, that's fine.

    I understand a cell carrier's desire to get us all under contract, and
    I'm fine with that IF it's a quid pro quo- the customer needs to get
    something of value in return, like a much better rate or equipment
    discounts (not just an ESN change between two phones one already owns!)

    I was considering getting Sprint service on a SERO plan, but the horror
    stories I'm hearing on this NG have me reconsidering...

    T-Mo lacks in overall coverage compared w/Sprint, but in 5+ years with T-
    Mo (most of it outside of any contracts) I must say I've never had any
    problems w/customer service that haven't been corrected courteously and
    to my satisfaction.


    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com




  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast