Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121
  1. #1
    Oxford
    Guest
    Well, here's the word. Apple with or without Google/AT&T will bid on the
    700Mhz spectrum that will be auctioned by the US Government in January
    of 2008. They need to buy about 22 Mhz of the spectrum (60Mhz is being
    sold) to cover the entire country.

    Now you understand why Apple didn't want to be locked into the old 3G
    standard.

    As you may know, AT&T bought Aloha Partners 700Mhz... about 10 Mhz or
    about half the country. They need more. The market has vastly
    underestimated Steve's influence at AT&T as well as the money Apple is
    getting from AT&T.

    The 700Mhz frequency is Gold in the sky! A wireless internet will one
    day be all there is. Whoever owns this beach front property owns the
    cell phone world. And no one will ever sell this to a competitor. Apple
    must buy in or control this area if they are to control their cell phone
    experience. And here's the best part.

    As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    little to change things for Wimaxx. Instant nationwide network that goes
    through walls way easier than any other Mhz band. So reception is
    better, distance travels longer and coverage is nationwide just as
    analogue TV is...and it will cost very little to maintain relative to
    what cell phone companies compete with... you only need 1/4 of the sites
    as the 1.8Ghz that most cell phones use. So others use a weaker signal
    which equates to more lost calls and static, more sites, higher
    expenses, etc..

    Apple could pull of the coup d'etat of the century, if they said, buy
    your cell phone and use our Wimaxx to dial any number in the US and
    receive any call fo the monthly price of $0 for 2 years.... the iPhone
    would be the hottest product even more so than the Razor was... just
    think of a cell that is free for 2 years.. that's huge... what does
    Apple gain from this...they could probably sell 100 million iPhones at
    $299 each over a 2 year period or less and own the cell phone market.

    Then charge $50 per month for unlimited calling plans... still a good
    deal... and half or more of that would be profit! At say $30 per month
    multiplied by 100 million iPhones that's 3 billion a month or 36 billion
    per year... or $40 per share in earnings added to whatever else they
    sell... you're talking a stock price over $1,000 a share... maybe even
    $1,500.

    If this takes 2-3-4-5 years... that's a 10 bagger! Apple will be the
    largest publicly traded company in the country and own both the computer
    and cell phone market.

    ---



    See More: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network




  2. #2
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:
    > Well, here's the word. Apple with or without Google/AT&T will bid on the
    > 700Mhz spectrum that will be auctioned by the US Government in January
    > of 2008. They need to buy about 22 Mhz of the spectrum (60Mhz is being
    > sold) to cover the entire country.
    >
    > Now you understand why Apple didn't want to be locked into the old 3G
    > standard.
    >
    > As you may know, AT&T bought Aloha Partners 700Mhz... about 10 Mhz or
    > about half the country. They need more. The market has vastly
    > underestimated Steve's influence at AT&T as well as the money Apple is
    > getting from AT&T.
    >
    > The 700Mhz frequency is Gold in the sky! A wireless internet will one
    > day be all there is. Whoever owns this beach front property owns the
    > cell phone world. And no one will ever sell this to a competitor. Apple
    > must buy in or control this area if they are to control their cell phone
    > experience. And here's the best part.
    >
    > As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    > little to change things for Wimaxx. Instant nationwide network that goes
    > through walls way easier than any other Mhz band. So reception is
    > better, distance travels longer and coverage is nationwide just as
    > analogue TV is...and it will cost very little to maintain relative to
    > what cell phone companies compete with... you only need 1/4 of the sites
    > as the 1.8Ghz that most cell phones use. So others use a weaker signal
    > which equates to more lost calls and static, more sites, higher
    > expenses, etc..
    >
    > Apple could pull of the coup d'etat of the century, if they said, buy
    > your cell phone and use our Wimaxx to dial any number in the US and
    > receive any call fo the monthly price of $0 for 2 years.... the iPhone
    > would be the hottest product even more so than the Razor was... just
    > think of a cell that is free for 2 years.. that's huge... what does
    > Apple gain from this...they could probably sell 100 million iPhones at
    > $299 each over a 2 year period or less and own the cell phone market.
    >
    > Then charge $50 per month for unlimited calling plans... still a good
    > deal... and half or more of that would be profit! At say $30 per month
    > multiplied by 100 million iPhones that's 3 billion a month or 36 billion
    > per year... or $40 per share in earnings added to whatever else they
    > sell... you're talking a stock price over $1,000 a share... maybe even
    > $1,500.
    >
    > If this takes 2-3-4-5 years... that's a 10 bagger! Apple will be the
    > largest publicly traded company in the country and own both the computer
    > and cell phone market.
    >
    > ---

    Its not going to happen, Google is going to own it.

    There is nothing you can do to prevent it either



  3. #3
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Jon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Its not going to happen, Google is going to own it.


    nah, since google said they weren't going to make a phone what would be
    the point?

    > There is nothing you can do to prevent it either


    and why would i care?



  4. #4
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:
    > Jon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Its not going to happen, Google is going to own it.

    >
    > nah, since google said they weren't going to make a phone what would be
    > the point?
    >
    >> There is nothing you can do to prevent it either

    >
    > and why would i care?

    You don't NEED to be making a phone to buy/use the 700mhz range.

    How about INTERNET ACCESS.



  5. #5
    Simon Templar
    Guest

    Re: Oxtard dribble

    Oxford wrote:
    > Well, here's the word. Apple with or without Google/AT&T will bid on the
    > 700Mhz spectrum that will be auctioned by the US Government in January
    > of 2008. They need to buy about 22 Mhz of the spectrum (60Mhz is being
    > sold) to cover the entire country.


    Great, so another NON-standard allocation will be used in the US. When
    will you people learn that the US is NOT the centre of the Universe, you
    screwed yourselves over by going 850MHz GSM rather than the the rest of
    the world's 900MHz GSM standard. How often does someone in the US
    complain because their 850MHz device is useless when they travel?


    --
    The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
    belong to.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    <http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=157452>



  6. #6
    Richard Colton
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Well, here's the word. <loads of drivel snipped>


    Here's a few more.

    **** off you morphing, cross-posting halfwit.

    --
    Unlock Your Phone's Potential
    www.UselessInfo.org.uk
    www.ThePhoneLocker.co.uk
    www.GSM-Solutions.co.uk





  7. #7
    News
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:

    > Well, here's the word.




    Music More than 6 million songs. 99¢ each.
    Movies New and classic films from $9.99.
    Music Videos More than 11,000, $1.99 each.
    TV Shows 600 shows at $1.99 an episode.
    iPod Games $4.99 each. Countless hours of fun.

    and

    700MHz KoolAid. All the flavors. Free, every day.



  8. #8
    DTC
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:
    > As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    > little to change things for Wimaxx.


    Ok, now you have real showed your ignorance.

    There is no "network is already built out for analogue TV". Where in the
    world did you get that idea???

    Oh, you're thinking that there there is a vast nationwide coverage of
    UHF TV stations out there...sorry, UHF is mostly in built up urban
    cities using a max of five MEGAwatts (circular polarization), but it
    could adapted to ten megawatts in one plane. You don't seem to
    understand that two-way communications requires reciprocal power levels.

    And they are NOT "networked" together. The ONLY thing already in
    place...are a few towers in urban areas, but no radio infrastructure in
    place.

    My gawd...how can you be so clueless.



  9. #9
    CozmicDebris
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford <[email protected]> wrote in news:linuxlovesosx-
    [email protected]:

    > Well, here's the word. <snip>


    Damn- you really are that stupid. You made at least a half-dozen basic
    technical areas in this drivel. In addition, you made almost as many
    incorrect assumptions about basiuc technology and spectrum knowledge.

    You really don't know anything.



  10. #10
    George
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:



    >
    > As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    > little to change things for Wimaxx. Instant nationwide network that goes
    > through walls way easier than any other Mhz band. So reception is
    > better, distance travels longer and coverage is nationwide just as
    > analogue TV is...and it will cost very little to maintain relative to
    > what cell phone companies compete with... you only need 1/4 of the sites
    > as the 1.8Ghz that most cell phones use. So others use a weaker signal
    > which equates to more lost calls and static, more sites, higher
    > expenses, etc..
    >

    Don't make yourself look even more clueless than you already look by
    parroting marketing speak you don't understand.

    The existing TV network isn't two way. It consists of a minimal amount
    of high powered transmitters which are one way only and in no way can be
    easily converted to do anything related to two way without almost a
    complete rebuild and the addition of a significant amount of sites. An
    "Instant network" is only bait marketing speak for clueless fanbois like
    you.

    Actual installations require almost a similar amount of equipment (and
    maintenance) as cellphone data systems because sufficient sites have to
    be installed to receive the signals from the weaker mobiles.







  11. #11
    DTC
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    Oxford wrote:
    > As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    > little to change things for Wimaxx.


    False...There is no such thing as a "network already built out".

    > Instant nationwide network that goes
    > through walls way easier than any other Mhz band.


    False...There is no such thing as an "instant network".

    > So reception is
    > better, distance travels longer and


    False (in your context)...Any distant reception requires a high gain
    antenna mounted on a roof in most cases. Unlike the internal antenna of
    a cellular handset.

    > coverage is nationwide just as
    > analogue TV is


    False...UHF television coverage is not "nationwide", its mostly in urban
    areas.

    > and it will cost very little to maintain relative to
    > what cell phone companies compete with


    False...the backhaul costs to the back bone would be similar.

    > you only need 1/4 of the sites
    > as the 1.8Ghz that most cell phones use.


    False...You're making the simplistic assumption based on signal lever
    propagation and ignoring topographic terrain issues.

    My gawd...how can you be so clueless.





  12. #12
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: Oxtard dribble

    Simon Templar <[email protected]> wrote in news:5q7l4l***ekcU1
    @mid.individual.net:

    > Great, so another NON-standard allocation will be used in the

    US. When
    > will you people learn that the US is NOT the centre of the

    Universe, you
    > screwed yourselves over by going 850MHz GSM rather than the the

    rest of
    > the world's 900MHz GSM standard. How often does someone in the

    US
    > complain because their 850MHz device is useless when they

    travel?
    >
    >
    >


    All these odd modulation schemes and incompatible systems is used
    in the USA to prevent, or at least retard, churning, Simon.
    There are more SELLular companies than there are customers all
    trying to provide minimal service at maximum profits, so the
    customers all hate their carrier, as you can easily see on these
    newsgroups. So, to prevent customers from jumping ship at the
    first opportunity, we invented incompatible phone systems and the
    government lawyers at FCC are constantly bribed to allow it,
    unlike broadcasting where FCC forces them all to use the same TV
    and Radio standards, for instance. So, the American consumer is
    screwed and the country is sinking under the weight of dead
    SELLphones noone wants or can use. FCC cooperates further
    forcing us to "upgrade to GPS", in the name of the bogus
    "Homeland Security", the extension of the false flag operation of
    9/11, an inside job, not Arabs with boxcutters.

    Profits are way up....service is way down. Hell, Verizon doesn't
    even provide internet service to its SELLular customers.

    73 DE W4CSC



    Larry
    --
    Xterm IS the ultimate video game...(c;



  13. #13
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: Oxtard dribble

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.cellular.sprintpcs.]
    On 2007-11-17, Simon Templar <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Great, so another NON-standard allocation will be used in the US. When
    > will you people learn that the US is NOT the centre of the Universe, you
    > screwed yourselves over by going 850MHz GSM rather than the the rest of
    > the world's 900MHz GSM standard. How often does someone in the US
    > complain because their 850MHz device is useless when they travel?


    While I agree with you that the usage of different frequencies is stupid
    (with the exception of 1900, supposedly because 1800 was already in use
    by the military), I would like to point out that every GSM phone I've owned
    since switching to T-Mobile USA in 2005 has been a quad-band phone, rendering
    that problem irrelevant.


    --
    Steve Sobol, Victorville, CA PGP:0xE3AE35ED www.SteveSobol.com
    Geek-for-hire. Details: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevesobol




  14. #14
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Apple To Own Wireless 700Mhz Network

    DTC <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Oxford wrote:
    > > As this network is already built out for analogue TV, it will cost
    > > little to change things for Wimaxx.

    >
    > False...There is no such thing as a "network already built out".
    >
    > > Instant nationwide network that goes
    > > through walls way easier than any other Mhz band.

    >
    > False...There is no such thing as an "instant network".
    >
    > > So reception is
    > > better, distance travels longer and

    >
    > False (in your context)...Any distant reception requires a high gain
    > antenna mounted on a roof in most cases. Unlike the internal antenna of
    > a cellular handset.
    >
    > > coverage is nationwide just as
    > > analogue TV is

    >
    > False...UHF television coverage is not "nationwide", its mostly in urban
    > areas.
    >
    > > and it will cost very little to maintain relative to
    > > what cell phone companies compete with

    >
    > False...the backhaul costs to the back bone would be similar.
    >
    > > you only need 1/4 of the sites
    > > as the 1.8Ghz that most cell phones use.

    >
    > False...You're making the simplistic assumption based on signal lever
    > propagation and ignoring topographic terrain issues.
    >
    > My gawd...how can you be so clueless.


    i'll be sure to let the author know your thoughts.



  15. #15
    Ness Net
    Guest

    Oxford pulling crap out of posterior - again...


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..


    ALL horse**** snipped.....

    Oxy - where DO you get this crap? Some blogger unencumbered by
    the thought process or actual reality? Cite your source or STFU...

    There actually was a good article today on this subject and Google.

    http://www.slate.com/id/2178158/?wpisrc=newsletter

    iPhone mentioned as one of the CLOSED platforms that Android will crush.

    Another tidbit contrary to Oxy's contention that Apple dictates all.

    ...."a once-radical company like Apple, when it launched the iPhone, bowed
    to the carriers instead of trying to fight them."






  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast