Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    "Ness-Net" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > the most affluent university town in the midwest, and smallest town in
    > > the world that has it's own apple store, that's enough info.

    >
    > No, it's not - it's you dodging a direct question - again.


    i gave you the facts, but if you aren't smart enough to decipher them,
    it's not my problem.



    See More: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!




  2. #47
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > George <[email protected]> wrote:
    >snip://blogs.computerworld.com/wimax_option_for_macbook_and_macbook_pros
    >
    > my area is getting free public wimax, so everyone is gearing up...


    Again, what is your area?





  3. #48
    Ness-Net
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > "Ness-Net" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> > the most affluent university town in the midwest, and smallest town in
    >> > the world that has it's own apple store, that's enough info.

    >>
    >> No, it's not - it's you dodging a direct question - again.

    >
    > i gave you the facts, but if you aren't smart enough to decipher them,
    > it's not my problem.


    No, you dodged the question - and continue to be as obtuse as possible.

    And, I was born and raised very close to where you think I'm not "smart enough
    to decipher"

    And I call bull **** - based on the (actual) facts and personal knowledge.

    The median income for a household in the city was $51,056, and the median
    income for a family was $65,861. FAR from "most affluent". And, it isn't really a
    "University Town" either...





  4. #49
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Ness-Net" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> > the most affluent university town in the midwest, and smallest town
    >> > in
    >> > the world that has it's own apple store, that's enough info.

    >>
    >> No, it's not - it's you dodging a direct question - again.

    >
    > i gave you the facts, but if you aren't smart enough to decipher them,
    > it's not my problem.


    Why not just answer the question directly and stop the riddles? I live
    in Honolulu, HI right near Koko Head. What city do you live in?





  5. #50
    George
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Oxford wrote:
    > George <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>> Alas, free Wi-Fi is shrinking too. They just shut down the Metro-Fi
    >>> system in my area last week. Metro-Fi could be a case study in bad
    >>> marketing and unrealistic expectations.
    >>>
    >>> If you know where to go, you can still find free Wi-Fi networks at many
    >>> restaurants and public areas, but the dream of ubiquitous free Wi-Fi is
    >>> dead for now.

    >> But wait, didn't "oxford" claim it was a simple matter to convert
    >> existing analog TV *transmitters* to WiMAX?

    >
    > we'll see george, the wimax rollout is just getting started... the cards
    > are now ready for the MacBook / MacBook Pros
    >
    > http://blogs.computerworld.com/wimax...d_macbook_pros
    >
    > my area is getting free public wimax, so everyone is gearing up...


    But you are totally wrong. You explicitly said "WiFi is everywhere".
    That means now. Not next week, next year, "is getting", the "easy TV to
    WiMAX conversion" you don't understand or any other permutation.



  6. #51
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Dutch wrote:

    <snip>

    > I'm not familiar with Metro-Fi. Was it an ad based service?


    Yes, but they offered an ad-free version for a fee. It was very easy to
    eliminate the ads. Their initial version had an ad banner, but if you
    used VPN the ad banner disappeared. The second version used Microsoft
    SideGuide, a horrible piece of malware, but fortunately by making
    Metro-Fi think your system was a Linux or OS-X system (no version of
    SideGuide), you got rid of the ads (using User Agent Switcher on Mozilla).

    When they started out, they claimed that you had to have one of their
    wireless cards, but in reality you didn't. However this turned off a lot
    of potential users. It was also very slow, well under 1 Mb/s.

    "http://www.metrofi.com/" but it's gone from the Bay Area, not sure
    about the other cities listed.

    > Other than at campgrounds that offer it for free, I rarely use WiFi
    > except from my own secured routers, but I have heard some rumblings
    > among the RV set about there being fewer locations available to us. I
    > don't know if that's because of locations shutting down, or because
    > they're going to paid subscription models though.


    There seem to be plenty of restaurants and lower end hotels that still
    have it, though the legality of using it if you're not a customer is in
    question. Also most libraries seem to have it around here.



  7. #52
    Dutch
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    SMS wrote:

    > Dutch wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> I'm not familiar with Metro-Fi. Was it an ad based service?

    >
    > Yes, but they offered an ad-free version for a fee. It was very easy to
    > eliminate the ads. Their initial version had an ad banner, but if you
    > used VPN the ad banner disappeared. The second version used Microsoft
    > SideGuide, a horrible piece of malware, but fortunately by making
    > Metro-Fi think your system was a Linux or OS-X system (no version of
    > SideGuide), you got rid of the ads (using User Agent Switcher on Mozilla).
    >
    > When they started out, they claimed that you had to have one of their
    > wireless cards, but in reality you didn't. However this turned off a lot
    > of potential users. It was also very slow, well under 1 Mb/s.
    >
    > "http://www.metrofi.com/" but it's gone from the Bay Area, not sure
    > about the other cities listed.


    Ahh, ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. They don't seem to have
    made it to Upstate NY yet, according to their list.

    >> Other than at campgrounds that offer it for free, I rarely use WiFi
    >> except from my own secured routers, but I have heard some rumblings
    >> among the RV set about there being fewer locations available to us. I
    >> don't know if that's because of locations shutting down, or because
    >> they're going to paid subscription models though.

    >
    > There seem to be plenty of restaurants and lower end hotels that still
    > have it, though the legality of using it if you're not a customer is in
    > question. Also most libraries seem to have it around here.


    Yep, they're out there if you go looking, but they're certainly not as
    "everywhere" as cell phone data coverage... :-)

    --
    Dutch
    Sprint/Motorola RAZR V3m
    tethered to PCLinuxOS 2008



  8. #53
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    "Ness-Net" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> No, it's not - it's you dodging a direct question - again.

    > >
    > > i gave you the facts, but if you aren't smart enough to decipher them,
    > > it's not my problem.

    >
    > No, you dodged the question - and continue to be as obtuse as possible.


    nope, i'm simply determining how smart you are, and you are failing my
    test.

    > And, I was born and raised very close to where you think I'm not "smart
    > enough
    > to decipher"
    >
    > And I call bull **** - based on the (actual) facts and personal knowledge.
    >
    > The median income for a household in the city was $51,056, and the median
    > income for a family was $65,861. FAR from "most affluent". And, it isn't
    > really a
    > "University Town" either...


    do you need a cheat sheet?

    i guess so...

    http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/



  9. #54
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > i said: "in more advanced areas"
    > >
    > > learn to read.

    >
    > OK, I can read. Please name the "advanced area" you live in and some
    > other places you put in that category.


    just look for high population densities of macs, then you'll quickly see
    what i'm talking about... and see the future of communications.

    apple users always point the forward direction for society, so it's easy
    once you know that fact.



  10. #55
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> > i said: "in more advanced areas"
    >> >
    >> > learn to read.

    >>
    >> OK, I can read. Please name the "advanced area" you live in and some
    >> other places you put in that category.

    >
    > just look for high population densities of macs, then you'll quickly
    > see
    > what i'm talking about... and see the future of communications.
    >
    > apple users always point the forward direction for society, so it's
    > easy
    > once you know that fact.


    So, in other words, as always, you refuse to provide a simple
    straightforward answer to even the simplest question: what city do live
    in? It's a question that couldn't possibly jeopardize your security if
    it's as big a community as you claim it to be. If you won't engage in a
    straightforward conversation stop wasting everyone's time and go hang
    out on an Apple fanboi page where you'll be welcomed.





  • Similar Threads




  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234