Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    SMS
    Guest
    Dutch wrote:
    > Oxford wrote:
    >
    >> The iPhone 2.0 Party has BEGUN!
    >>
    >> People are now starting to line up for the biggest innovation event in
    >> human history! Records will be broken as Apple continues to modernize
    >> the obsolete Cell Phone industry.

    >
    > NYC is full of weirdo's, I'd expect nothing less...


    It's not just that, the first manufacturing batch of products always has
    issues, you never want to buy too early. The first 3G iPhones, sold
    yesterday, are no exception judging from all the news reports. Now the
    early adopters are wondering if they'll be able to exchange their 3G
    iPhones with the yellowish tint screens for a new one with a normal screen.



    See More: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!




  2. #2
    Dutch
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    SMS wrote:

    > Dutch wrote:
    >> Oxford wrote:
    >>
    >>> The iPhone 2.0 Party has BEGUN!
    >>>
    >>> People are now starting to line up for the biggest innovation event in
    >>> human history! Records will be broken as Apple continues to modernize
    >>> the obsolete Cell Phone industry.

    >>
    >> NYC is full of weirdo's, I'd expect nothing less...

    >
    > It's not just that, the first manufacturing batch of products always has
    > issues, you never want to buy too early. The first 3G iPhones, sold
    > yesterday, are no exception judging from all the news reports. Now the
    > early adopters are wondering if they'll be able to exchange their 3G
    > iPhones with the yellowish tint screens for a new one with a normal screen.


    I understand the in-store and online activation process didn't exactly
    go too smoothly either...

    --
    Dutch
    Sprint/Motorola RAZR V3m
    tethered to PCLinuxOS 2008



  3. #3
    Roger 2008
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!


    "Dutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > I understand the in-store and online activation process didn't exactly
    > go too smoothly either...


    You are right and M.Gerald posted a great link about that and I want to
    repost part of his post along with a quote from the URL

    iPhone "iPocalypse" as activations fail en masse
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/99178

    Quote taken from above URL:

    Disaster? Absolutely. Gizmodo notes though that it's not even the people
    buying new phones that are the problem, it's the fact that Apple brilliantly
    decided to release a major firmware update for all iPhones on the same day
    as releasing a new model. Millions of existing iPhone users are upgrading
    their software at home while Apple tries to use the same servers to activate
    new models. It's not a big deal if a home user has to wait an extra hour,
    but those in line are suffering for the goof-up.







  4. #4
    Dutch
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Roger 2008 wrote:

    > "Dutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> I understand the in-store and online activation process didn't exactly
    >> go too smoothly either...

    >
    > You are right and M.Gerald posted a great link about that and I want to
    > repost part of his post along with a quote from the URL
    >
    > iPhone "iPocalypse" as activations fail en masse
    > http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/99178
    >
    > Quote taken from above URL:
    >
    > Disaster? Absolutely. Gizmodo notes though that it's not even the people
    > buying new phones that are the problem, it's the fact that Apple brilliantly
    > decided to release a major firmware update for all iPhones on the same day
    > as releasing a new model. Millions of existing iPhone users are upgrading
    > their software at home while Apple tries to use the same servers to activate
    > new models. It's not a big deal if a home user has to wait an extra hour,
    > but those in line are suffering for the goof-up.


    Hmmmm, so they shot themselves in both feet! :-)

    --
    Dutch
    Sprint/Motorola RAZR V3m
    tethered to PCLinuxOS 2008



  5. #5
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    In article <[email protected]>, SMS
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It's not just that, the first manufacturing batch of products always has
    > issues, you never want to buy too early. The first 3G iPhones, sold
    > yesterday, are no exception judging from all the news reports. Now the
    > early adopters are wondering if they'll be able to exchange their 3G
    > iPhones with the yellowish tint screens for a new one with a normal screen.


    it's calibrated to a warmer white point, something that graphic artists
    consistently do when calibrating their monitors. it's not a defect.



  6. #6
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Roger 2008 wrote:

    > Disaster? Absolutely. Gizmodo notes though that it's not even the people
    > buying new phones that are the problem, it's the fact that Apple brilliantly
    > decided to release a major firmware update for all iPhones on the same day
    > as releasing a new model. Millions of existing iPhone users are upgrading
    > their software at home while Apple tries to use the same servers to activate
    > new models. It's not a big deal if a home user has to wait an extra hour,
    > but those in line are suffering for the goof-up.


    However there was a very good reason why Apple did it all at the same
    time. They wanted to prevent all the 2G iPhones, owned by people
    upgrading to the 3G model, from being unlocked and sold on craigslist
    and eBay for use on other carriers. What hacker is going to bother
    spending time on unlocking the old iPhone again?



  7. #7
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    In article <[email protected]>, SMS
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > However there was a very good reason why Apple did it all at the same
    > time. They wanted to prevent all the 2G iPhones, owned by people
    > upgrading to the 3G model, from being unlocked and sold on craigslist
    > and eBay for use on other carriers. What hacker is going to bother
    > spending time on unlocking the old iPhone again?


    nonsense. apple could have staggered the release, although i suspect
    they did not anticipate the meltdown. delaying the firmware update a
    few days (or releasing it a few days earlier) would have had zero
    impact on unlocked iphones.



  8. #8
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    nospam <[email protected]> wrote in news:130720081050419837%
    [email protected]lid:

    > releasing it a few days earlier) would have had zero
    > impact on unlocked iphones.
    >


    But it would have had LOTS of impact on new phone sales if 2G owners were
    satisfied with what v2.0 firmware was doing for them......saving thousands
    in the process.




  9. #9
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    In article <[email protected]>, Larry
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > releasing it a few days earlier) would have had zero
    > > impact on unlocked iphones.

    >
    > But it would have had LOTS of impact on new phone sales if 2G owners were
    > satisfied with what v2.0 firmware was doing for them......saving thousands
    > in the process.


    so why did apple bother releasing the firmware at all for old phones
    then? why not force everyone to ugprade the phone?

    had apple done that you'd be *****ing that the money grubbing steve
    obsoleted the hardware in just months.



  10. #10
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Larry <[email protected]> wrote:

    > But it would have had LOTS of impact on new phone sales if 2G owners were
    > satisfied with what v2.0 firmware was doing for them......saving thousands
    > in the process.


    not thousand's larry, more like $40...

    please stick with facts... why, oh WHY do the poorly educated posters
    hate facts? i LOVE them... and sure, i'm more educated than 90% of the
    population, but come on Larry... when will you learn to understand what
    is actually going on?

    and, it's not firmware that was updated, just software... my 2.0
    software on my iPhone 1.0 works great! no difference unless you go WAY
    outside of society and don't connect via normal WiFi. But that's very
    rare that you would still need to use the old fashioned cell network for
    much of anything.

    another cool app that has just appeared on the Apple Apps Store...

    Truephone! so, say goodbye to the monopoly of Cell Phones!!!!

    Yeah!

    http://www.truphone.com/

    Sweet!

    -



  11. #11
    David Moyer
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    nospam <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > But it would have had LOTS of impact on new phone sales if 2G owners were
    > > satisfied with what v2.0 firmware was doing for them......saving thousands
    > > in the process.

    >
    > so why did apple bother releasing the firmware at all for old phones
    > then? why not force everyone to ugprade the phone?


    that's because Apple has a very great reputation for supporting products
    as long as technologically possible...

    they still fully support the iPod 1.0! and it's been 7 years!!! ... so
    they are just like that, the customer always gets the best when they buy
    an apple product.

    the problem is, cell phone owners have never experienced Apple level
    customer support, so it's a bit shocking to them.

    but trust everyone that has an apple product, they will do you right!



  12. #12
    David Moyer
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    SMS <[email protected]> wrote:

    > However there was a very good reason why Apple did it all at the same
    > time. They wanted to prevent all the 2G iPhones, owned by people
    > upgrading to the 3G model, from being unlocked and sold on craigslist
    > and eBay for use on other carriers. What hacker is going to bother
    > spending time on unlocking the old iPhone again?


    OH MY GOD... that is so incorrect it's beyond laughable...

    Apple has always supported older products LONG after other vendors are
    trying to make a "quick buck"... That's why Apple stuff is so popular
    since you know they aren't going to rip you off.

    The first iPhones are going for almost IDENTICAL to the price people
    paid 1 year ago... since there is SO MUCH VALUE to an iPhone that it
    retains its value, just like any Apple product.

    SMS, you are clearly out of the loop or just plain stupid...

    We all know you WANT an iPhone... but you're going to have to pay the
    market price, which is $400 or so for the 4GB or $450 for the 8GB, there
    is NO way around it...

    DEMAND is just too smart & strong to lower the price for the next 4-5
    years.

    -



  13. #13
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Oxford <[email protected]> wrote in news:apony-89B8DF.16553613072008
    @news.qwest.net:

    > not thousand's larry, more like $40...
    >


    Get out your FruitFone and boot the little calculator, not the scientific
    one above your capabilities to understand.

    Multiply $40 by the number of owners upgrading to ver 2.0....we'll wait
    while you find the pads to touch.......................

    There, see? They saved thousands by NOT BUYING a 3G iphone...!

    Shut down the calculator and display before it kills the battery...thanks.




  14. #14
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Larry <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Oxford <[email protected]> wrote in news:apony-89B8DF.16553613072008
    > @news.qwest.net:
    >
    > > not thousand's larry, more like $40...
    > >

    >
    > Get out your FruitFone and boot the little calculator, not the scientific
    > one above your capabilities to understand.
    >
    > Multiply $40 by the number of owners upgrading to ver 2.0....we'll wait
    > while you find the pads to touch.......................
    >
    > There, see? They saved thousands by NOT BUYING a 3G iphone...!
    >
    > Shut down the calculator and display before it kills the battery...thanks.


    the iPhone is one of the most inexpensive smartphones you can buy, I've
    upgraded to 2.0 and it didn't cost a single penny.

    and here it is, a year later and my battery is still at 99% of capacity.



  15. #15
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: iPhone line begins 7 days before launch!

    Paul Miner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >and, it's not firmware that was updated, just software... my 2.0
    > >software on my iPhone 1.0 works great! no difference unless you go WAY
    > >outside of society and don't connect via normal WiFi. But that's very
    > >rare that you would still need to use the old fashioned cell network for
    > >much of anything.

    >
    > Ouch, your love for facts petered out in record time with that
    > analysis of WiFi coverage versus the 'old fashioned' cell networks.


    fine, so you live on the fringe of modern society, that's not my or
    others fault.

    you'll join the wifi party in a few years, just wait...

    check out truphone on your iphone, can you say, bye bye... cell
    networks? i thought you could

    http://www.truphone.com/



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast