Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Ryan Nichols
    Guest
    Thanks to sprints wonderful insurance policy I got a N400 for a
    replacement phone to my Sanyo 4900. I guess I shouldnt gripe, it was
    a new phone from the box.. How can I tell that this N400 has the
    current updates for it?

    thanks
    nichols




    See More: How to tell which update your phone has..




  2. #2
    hatoncat
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..


    Don't know where to begin...

    1) The n400 is worthless for web access and terrible in RF reception.
    I would strongly suggest doing anything you can to get it swapped out
    for another phone.

    2) First try dialing ##786 > Ok

    If it says "Recondit Yes" then your phone is refurbished after all.

    3) While I don't have an n400 in front of me it's either under Phone
    Info > Version or Settings > Display > Version

    --
    Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
    Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap




  3. #3
    8notime
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..


    They are still selling the 4900 on their website. Why didn't they give
    you another one of those? I agree with Hatoncat. The N400 is a total
    piece and is the type of phone that makes customers think Sprints
    coverage sucks. If by chance you don't use Vision, at least tell them
    to give you a 3585i. I don't mean to sound like a Nokia salesman in all
    my threads, but it's really a good phone, which is what your primary
    use of a cell phone is for. Having said that I'm too big of a geek not
    to have all the bells & whitles - to the point I just ordered an i-500,
    even though I swore I would never give Samsung another dime of my
    money. And at a whopping cost of 600 bones.

    --
    Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
    Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap




  4. #4
    hatoncat
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..


    8notime wrote:
    > *They are still selling the 4900 on their website. Why didn't they
    > give you another one of those? I agree with Hatoncat. The N400 is a
    > total piece and is the type of phone that makes customers think
    > Sprints coverage sucks. If by chance you don't use Vision, at least
    > tell them to give you a 3585i. I don't mean to sound like a Nokia
    > salesman in all my threads, but it's really a good phone, which is
    > what your primary use of a cell phone is for. Having said that I'm
    > too big of a geek not to have all the bells & whitles - to the point
    > I just ordered an i-500, even though I swore I would never give
    > Samsung another dime of my money. And at a whopping cost of 600
    > bones. *


    Actually the phone is cancelled. The web orders department may still
    have stock, but my Sprint Store can't order anymore...

    --
    Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
    Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap




  5. #5
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..

    hatoncat wrote:
    >
    > 3) While I don't have an n400 in front of me it's either under Phone
    > Info > Version or Settings > Display > Version


    Menu > Settings > Phone Info (or, Menu, 0, 0 Same thing)

    Scroll down once, you'll find a line that says "S:ES.N400 ____"

    You'll find the phone's current software version where the underscores are
    in my example.
    --
    -+-
    R
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint
    I *don't* speak for them





  6. #6
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..

    <<If by chance you don't use Vision, at least tell them to give you a
    3585i. I don't mean to sound like a Nokia salesman in all my threads,
    but it's really a good phone, which is what your primary use of a cell
    phone is for.>>

    I completely concur. I love my 3585i. Outstanding reception and
    superior quality.

    Eric




  7. #7
    Ryan Nichols
    Guest

    Re: How to tell which update your phone has..

    Its not a recondit.. Its a brand new one.. They told me thats what I
    would get, if I wanted another phone I'd have to go and buy the model
    I wanted. The only thing I do like about the stupid thing is the
    ability to keep it charged when I use the phone cable.
    <shrugh> next pay period I might just go buy another 4900 or
    something..

    thanks guys
    nichols

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:41:12 -0400, hatoncat
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >Don't know where to begin...
    >
    >1) The n400 is worthless for web access and terrible in RF reception.
    >I would strongly suggest doing anything you can to get it swapped out
    >for another phone.
    >
    >2) First try dialing ##786 > Ok
    >
    >If it says "Recondit Yes" then your phone is refurbished after all.
    >
    >3) While I don't have an n400 in front of me it's either under Phone
    >Info > Version or Settings > Display > Version





  • Similar Threads