Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS


    "PHil_Real" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (VZW Guy) wrote:
    >
    > > The plans are not a secret, they just arent offered to the general
    > > public or advertised as such. They are RETENTION plans, which are

    used
    > > to RETAIN *LOYAL* CUSTOMERS!

    >
    >
    > Of course they are secret. They are not to be found anywhere on any
    > SprintPCS web site. If I am wrong, post the URL, otherwise you are

    wrong.

    Am I imagining this, or has Phillippe created a new ID once again?

    Bob





    See More: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS




  2. #17
    Chuck Steele
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    How refreshing! An intelligent, well thought out, post in an otherwise
    group full of argumentative, hostile, childish responses.
    This used to be a great group of people who were willing to help others,
    without flameing them, but alas!
    Even my idol, Bob Smith, has sunk to the level of the bad guys, I was
    indeed shocked to see him do this, he has always been a rock in the
    midst of any storm now a part of the storm. Just the 2 cents from an old
    dog in the cell phone game that has seen it all.
    I am aware, opinions are like a holes, everyone has one.
    Chuck

    Nomen Nescio <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    > >To be quite blunt about it, if you're a customer on
    > >one of our Account Spending Limit arrangements, you need us almost as
    > >much as we need you.

    >
    > I disagree with you, Rob.
    >
    > There is a reason that people who have just gone through bankruptcy get all those new credit
    > card offers. The dirty little secret that everyone knows but ain't saying is that low/no/bad
    > credit folks are some of the most profitable clientele in the U.S.
    >
    > These people general pay singificantly higher fees, mortgage, car, and consumer credit interest
    > rates. Of course the risk is higher, however, the increased fees and interests *almost always*
    > (there are exceptions to everything) more than substantially offsets the losses and provide
    > companies with simple incredible profits magins.
    >
    > There is a reason that there are some 100,000 pawn shops in this country, and a rapidly growing
    > number of check cashing and "payday advance" companies are popping up all across the country.
    > These folks with hideous credit are one of the greatest financial resources on the planet.
    >
    > It's also not a mystery why one of the richest men in America is the founder of nothing less
    > than ....... 99 Cent Stores of America.
    >
    > Now, do they really need you more than you need them? Maybe, but I don't think so. The folks
    > on ASL's use the same green currency as the guy with a 750 FICO score, and they probably aren't
    > getting deep, deep discounted sweetheart retention deals. They are paying the full plan rates,
    > and if they go over their allotted minutes on the small plans ... well, cha-ching. And, mark my
    > words, more and more carriers are going to be going after this segment of the market and
    > competition will make things a little more attractive for this people. They already sell
    > prepaid cellphones in 7-11 where I live. When revenue stagnates in the next 5-10 years from
    > cellphone saturation, this is going to be the last market from which to cultivate new,
    > profitable, and financially exploitable subscribers. They'll get the crappier plans, they won't
    > get humungous discounts on the latest and greatest phone (more profit for the carrier), some
    > won't pay and will leave an unpaid balance, but when the bottom line hits, these folks are going
    > to be paying more per minute than any other type of customer and could be a key component to the
    > financial health of the companies they use.
    >
    > Now, do you really want to spit in their eye? Do you really want to tell THEM how lucky THEY
    > are to have YOU? You sure you don't want to offer a hearty "Thanks for choosing us, please
    > stay!"?
    >
    > I know I would.
    >
    > Sprint makes a good chunk of change off of these folks now, and Sprint's risk is very limited in
    > the process (hence the ASL). They don't get the good deals, they don't get the heavily
    > subsidized phones, heck, they don't get much of anything but a bucket of minutes and a bill to
    > pay every month. And, they can go elsewhere - but I predict they will have even more options in
    > a few years. And, i'm sure they will consider how they are treated now in making that decision.
    >
    > Don't overestimate your importance to the credit trolls. These folks may very well be the ones
    > taking up the revenue slack when you have to hand out the whole goodie bag to the Escalade
    > drivers to retain them. They won't depend on you forever, but you'll miss them when they take
    > those paycheck-to-paycheck $20 bills to another carrier. And those wrinkled and dirty $20 bills
    > that they carry are worth the exact same amount as the neatly-pressed $20 bills that the plastic
    > surgeon carries.
    >
    > Something to think about.
    >


    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  3. #18
    Brian peterson
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    So if someone has bad credit to sign up with SPCS all thats needed is a
    deposit of 125?
    Do you have to sign a year or 2 year contract?
    Is there any price break on the phones, or is purchase price only?

    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  4. #19
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > So if someone has bad credit to sign up with SPCS all thats needed is a
    > deposit of 125? =20


    Well, there's another one that could be $250 deposit. Otherwise,=20
    though, that deposit is it.

    > Do you have to sign a year or 2 year contract?


    Nope. You can accept the $10/month extra charge and go month-to-month

    > Is there any price break on the phones, or is purchase price only?


    If you're a new customer, you're a new customer. You're eligible for=20
    anything available to new customers.

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  5. #20
    Brian peterson
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    > > So if someone has bad credit to sign up with SPCS all thats needed is a
    > > deposit of 125? =20

    >
    > Well, there's another one that could be $250 deposit. Otherwise,=20
    > though, that deposit is it.



    I not sure I understand you mean there is one option of a $125 deposit,
    or $250 deposit.
    What is the difference

    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  6. #21
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > > > So if someone has bad credit to sign up with SPCS all thats needed is=

    a
    > > > deposit of 125? =3D20

    > >=20
    > > Well, there's another one that could be $250 deposit. Otherwise,=3D20
    > > though, that deposit is it.

    >=20
    >=20
    > I not sure I understand you mean there is one option of a $125 deposit,
    > or $250 deposit.
    > What is the difference
    >=20
    > [posted via phonescoop.com]
    >=20


    To put it bluntly, the difference is in how bad yur credit is. $125 for=20
    low/no credit, and mildly bad. If it's REALLY bad, the you get assigned=20
    the $250.

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  7. #22
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    In article <[email protected]>, cellular-
    [email protected] says...
    > > To put it bluntly, the difference is in how bad yur credit is. $125
    > > for low/no credit, and mildly bad. If it's REALLY bad, the you get
    > > assigned
    > > the $250.

    >=20
    > Which isn't really that much compared to the other carriers who charge mo=

    re
    > than $250 and up to $1000.


    True.

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  8. #23
    Nomen Nescio
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    >Well the reason I joined Sprint 4 years ago was that Pacbell Wireless
    >(Cingulair now) wanted $1,000 from me, and Sprint only wanted $125.
    >After my year was up with no late payments my Spending limit went up and
    >I get treated as a person with great credit instead of one with no credit.


    And because of this, you will probably remain a loyal Sprint customer, right?

    This is a perfect example of what I mean. Not all people with no credit, bad credit, or what
    have you are bad people. **** happens, the economy tanks ... but most people are decent. When
    you treat customers decently when they are down, customers have a tendancy to treat you well
    when things improve.

    I cut up most of my credit cards and stopped doing business with many of them. But the one I
    keep and use to this day is the card that was offered to me when I had no credit. I had to
    secure the credit card with a savings account, and pay on time ... but they did not charge me
    annual or monthly fees for this "priviledge". After two years they switched it to completely
    unsecured, and over the years raised my credit limit every 6 months WITHOUT charging me
    predatory interest rates. It was always a fair interest rate.

    Now, I am eligible for every form of Gold And Planitum card on the market. They flood me with
    offers in the mail every week. They go in the trash. Instead, I make most of my daily, and even
    major purchases on the old card (of which they get 2% of each transaction), pay off about 1/2 of
    the balance each month (because I want to always carry balance so that they will make some
    interest income off of it), and I generally ingore the credit card companies who sent me
    unreasonable "offers" or flat out rejections many years ago. I am probably in the top 10% of
    their most profitable customers now, but had they treated me like the others, requesting 25%
    interest rates and monthly "participation fees" on secured cards, they would not have my
    business today.

    And so they make a generous amount of money from me.

    I think there are more customers like me than people think.

    I hope Sprint continues to aggressively target this market, because honestly, everyone with
    "good credit" in this country that wants a cellphone ... has one today. If not two. Regular
    folks who got laid off, have no credit, excercised their bankruptcy rights, or did whatever no-
    no that Cingular, etc won't consider ... will in all likelihood become coveted customers
    eventually.

    Will there be some bad eggs? Well, sure. There always are. But the risk is very, very limited
    with a deposit and an ASL.

    There is nothing wrong with requiring a reasonable, modest, deposit. There is nothing wrong with
    capping the amount that can be charged per month.

    But treat these people like valuable members of the Sprint family, show them that you appreciate
    their business, and chances are very good that the relationship will be very profitable and
    mutually beneficial. As the personal economy and job market remains extremely soft, cultivating
    relationships with those hard hit now may be the most loyal customers you have 5 years from now
    when things start to pick up again, and when the others are spending $500 million per month
    scrambling to reduce churn and attract those very same customers that they shunned just years
    before. Be fair to people. Be good to people. Don't burn bridges and assume that you can make
    up the profit with the next guy that walks through the door. I don't think they emphasize this
    enough in Business schools across the country. Situations change, and people have long memories.

    Sprint is in the right path in this regard, IMHO. It is one business decision that I think will
    really pay off for Srint in the long run.




  9. #24
    Justin
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS


    "Nomen Nescio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Well the reason I joined Sprint 4 years ago was that Pacbell Wireless
    > >(Cingulair now) wanted $1,000 from me, and Sprint only wanted $125.
    > >After my year was up with no late payments my Spending limit went up and
    > >I get treated as a person with great credit instead of one with no

    credit.
    >
    > And because of this, you will probably remain a loyal Sprint customer,

    right?
    >
    > This is a perfect example of what I mean. Not all people with no credit,

    bad credit, or what
    > have you are bad people. **** happens, the economy tanks ... but most

    people are decent. When
    > you treat customers decently when they are down, customers have a tendancy

    to treat you well
    > when things improve.
    >
    > I cut up most of my credit cards and stopped doing business with many of

    them. But the one I
    > keep and use to this day is the card that was offered to me when I had no

    credit. I had to
    > secure the credit card with a savings account, and pay on time ... but

    they did not charge me
    > annual or monthly fees for this "priviledge". After two years they

    switched it to completely
    > unsecured, and over the years raised my credit limit every 6 months

    WITHOUT charging me
    > predatory interest rates. It was always a fair interest rate.
    >
    > Now, I am eligible for every form of Gold And Planitum card on the market.

    They flood me with
    > offers in the mail every week. They go in the trash. Instead, I make most

    of my daily, and even
    > major purchases on the old card (of which they get 2% of each

    transaction), pay off about 1/2 of
    > the balance each month (because I want to always carry balance so that

    they will make some
    > interest income off of it)


    Wow, you are very gracious. Credit cards can also make money by charging
    the store owners fees for accepting that type card. I wouldn't feel bad if
    I paid off my card every month, because you're still generating fees for
    them.

    On the other hand, a mortgage broker told me that credit scores can be
    higher if you actually have a 35% - 50% balance on your card, as opposed to
    no balance at all. So there could be some benefit to carrying a balance not
    over 50%.






  10. #25
    O/Siris .
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    Nomen Nescio <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    >
    > Sprint is in the right path in this regard, IMHO. It is one business decision that I think will
    > really pay off for Srint in the long run.
    >


    Just curious, Nomen. Did you see my previous reply? I don't think
    we're all that far off.

    --
    -+-
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them




    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  11. #26
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    In article <[email protected]>,=20
    [email protected] says...
    > And because of this, you will probably remain a loyal Sprint customer, ri=

    ght?
    >=20
    > This is a perfect example of what I mean. Not all people with no credit,=

    bad credit, or what=20
    > have you are bad people. **** happens, the economy tanks ... but most pe=

    ople are decent. When=20
    > you treat customers decently when they are down, customers have a tendanc=

    y to treat you well=20
    > when things improve.
    >=20


    The more I re-read your post, the more I felt the need to point that I=20
    never said, and never meant to imply, that such people are bad people. =20
    Heck, I'm one of 'em. E-credit class, $125 deposit, $125 ASL, and all=20
    that.

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  12. #27
    Text
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    I paid that 125 too.. after 6 years. When do I get it back..
    "DItalianSalami" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Rod wrote:
    >
    > >>To put it bluntly, the difference is in how bad yur credit is. $125
    > >>for low/no credit, and mildly bad. If it's REALLY bad, the you get
    > >>assigned
    > >>the $250.

    > >
    > >
    > > Which isn't really that much compared to the other carriers who charge

    more
    > > than $250 and up to $1000.
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Well the reason I joined Sprint 4 years ago was that Pacbell Wireless
    > (Cingulair now) wanted $1,000 from me, and Sprint only wanted $125.
    > After my year was up with no late payments my Spending limit went up and
    > I get treated as a person with great credit instead of one with no credit.
    >
    > --
    > -DItalianSalami
    > -Remove Spamsux from Email to Respond
    >





    ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---



  13. #28
    VZW Guy
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    They arent secret, they just arent offered to new customers, so hence
    the reason they arent on the website.

    --
    Statements made by me are of my opinion and knowledge, and do not
    express those by Verizon Wireless(R).
    Any information I give is subject to change without notice, and may not
    be completely accurate.


    PHil_Real <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (VZW Guy) wrote:
    >
    > > The plans are not a secret, they just arent offered to the general
    > > public or advertised as such. They are RETENTION plans, which are used
    > > to RETAIN *LOYAL* CUSTOMERS!

    >
    >
    > Of course they are secret. They are not to be found anywhere on any
    > SprintPCS web site. If I am wrong, post the URL, otherwise you are wrong.


    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  14. #29
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    Uh, that's a pretty lame reason. The website is not just for new customers,
    it also exists to serve current customers.

    --
    John Richards


    VZW Guy wrote:
    > They arent secret, they just arent offered to new customers, so hence
    > the reason they arent on the website.
    >
    > --
    > Statements made by me are of my opinion and knowledge, and do not
    > express those by Verizon Wireless(R).
    > Any information I give is subject to change without notice, and may not
    > be completely accurate.
    >
    >
    > PHil_Real <[email protected]> wrote in article
    > <[email protected]>:
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> [email protected] (VZW Guy) wrote:
    >>
    >>> The plans are not a secret, they just arent offered to the general
    >>> public or advertised as such. They are RETENTION plans, which are used
    >>> to RETAIN *LOYAL* CUSTOMERS!

    >>
    >>
    >> Of course they are secret. They are not to be found anywhere on any
    >> SprintPCS web site. If I am wrong, post the URL, otherwise you are wrong.

    >
    > [posted via phonescoop.com]






  15. #30
    VZW Guy
    Guest

    Re: FAQ on retention Deals from SprintPCS

    And as I have stated before, they are offered only to those customers
    that are thinking of canceling.. The primary purpose of Retention plans
    was for customer who had fulfilled thier contract, and had saw a better
    offer with a competitor than what they currently had. And in a last
    ditch effort to keep the customer from cancelling they made these plans
    to basically "Match" or be "Better" than wut was being offered else
    were. It is a way to REWARD customers who have fullfilled their end of
    the obligation. Not to bring in new customers, or to just give a
    customer still under contract a better deal than what they signed up
    for.. the Retention offerings are being misused. And I wouldnt blame
    Sprint one bit if they got rid of them, or raised the price on them..
    Honestly I think they should make a new 2 yr contract mandatory with a
    retention plan, or even a 3 yr contract.

    --
    Statements made by me are of my opinion and knowledge, and do not
    express those by Verizon Wireless(R).
    Any information I give is subject to change without notice, and may not
    be completely accurate.


    "John Richards" <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    > Uh, that's a pretty lame reason. The website is not just for new customers,
    > it also exists to serve current customers.
    >
    > --
    > John Richards
    >
    >
    > VZW Guy wrote:
    > > They arent secret, they just arent offered to new customers, so hence
    > > the reason they arent on the website.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Statements made by me are of my opinion and knowledge, and do not
    > > express those by Verizon Wireless(R).
    > > Any information I give is subject to change without notice, and may not
    > > be completely accurate.
    > >
    > >
    > > PHil_Real <[email protected]> wrote in article
    > > <[email protected]>:
    > >> In article <[email protected]>,
    > >> [email protected] (VZW Guy) wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> The plans are not a secret, they just arent offered to the general
    > >>> public or advertised as such. They are RETENTION plans, which are used
    > >>> to RETAIN *LOYAL* CUSTOMERS!
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Of course they are secret. They are not to be found anywhere on any
    > >> SprintPCS web site. If I am wrong, post the URL, otherwise you are wrong.

    > >
    > > [posted via phonescoop.com]

    >
    >


    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast