Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Nojuan
    Guest
    Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    recently about there being a wireless headset but have no information
    other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?





    See More: wireless headset?




  2. #2
    Tech Geek
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?



    Nojuan <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    > Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    > recently about there being a wireless headset but have no information
    > other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    >
    >


    Jabra makes a wireless headset that's sold at SprintPCS stores
    (bluetooth).

    Bad news is that it carrys a $180 price tag (ouch).

    [posted via phonescoop.com]



  3. #3
    DSL GURU
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    Go to any large variety store, KMart, Target, Walmart, (even grocery
    superstores) and they all now have a large aisle full of cell phone
    accessories. Some stores even have 2 aisles. It may be in the auto dept, the
    sporting goods dept, or the electronics dept. Handsfree, Car chargers, cases,
    travel chargers, batteries, face plates, etc. Often FAR CHEAPER than at a
    company store.



  4. #4
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    In article <[email protected]>,=20
    [email protected] says...
    > Go to any large variety store, KMart, Target, Walmart, (even grocery
    > superstores) and they all now have a large aisle full of cell phone
    > accessories. Some stores even have 2 aisles. It may be in the auto dept, =

    the
    > sporting goods dept, or the electronics dept. Handsfree, Car chargers, ca=

    ses,
    > travel chargers, batteries, face plates, etc. Often FAR CHEAPER than at a
    > company store.
    >=20


    Since the original poster was asking about a *wireless* headset, are you=20
    of any such offerings at any of the outlets you mentioned?

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  5. #5
    Phill.
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    O/Siris <[email protected]întpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Go to any large variety store, KMart, Target, Walmart, (even grocery
    > > superstores) and they all now have a large aisle full of cell phone
    > > accessories. Some stores even have 2 aisles. It may be in the auto dept,
    > > the
    > > sporting goods dept, or the electronics dept. Handsfree, Car chargers,
    > > cases,
    > > travel chargers, batteries, face plates, etc. Often FAR CHEAPER than at a
    > > company store.
    > >

    >
    > Since the original poster was asking about a *wireless* headset, are you
    > of any such offerings at any of the outlets you mentioned?



    yes



  6. #6
    DItalianSalami
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    Nojuan wrote:

    > Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    > recently about there being a wireless headset but have no information
    > other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    >
    >


    BTW I found the jabra headset with 2.5mm adapter at buy.com for $125.98.
    It's a much better price than $180

    http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...91&dcaid=15889

    --
    -DItalianSalami
    -Remove Spamsux from Email to Respond




  7. #7
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    In article <[email protected]>,=20
    [email protected] says...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > O/Siris <[email protected]=EEntpcs.com> wrote:
    >=20
    > > In article <[email protected]>,=20
    > > [email protected] says...
    > > > Go to any large variety store, KMart, Target, Walmart, (even grocery
    > > > superstores) and they all now have a large aisle full of cell phone
    > > > accessories. Some stores even have 2 aisles. It may be in the auto de=

    pt,=20
    > > > the
    > > > sporting goods dept, or the electronics dept. Handsfree, Car chargers=

    ,=20
    > > > cases,
    > > > travel chargers, batteries, face plates, etc. Often FAR CHEAPER than =

    at a
    > > > company store.
    > > >=20

    > >=20
    > > Since the original poster was asking about a *wireless* headset, are yo=

    u=20
    > > of any such offerings at any of the outlets you mentioned?

    >=20
    >=20
    > yes
    >=20


    Interesting that someone so self-appointedly interested in staying on-
    topic couldn't do so here.

    Like:

    http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/p...2&CATID=3D201=
    6

    Or:

    http://tinyurl.com/o91t

    Especially if you *aren't* a troll, as you proclaim.

    --=20
    -+-
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for SprintPCS
    I *don't* speak for them.



  8. #8
    DItalianSalami
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?

    O/Siris wrote:
    >
    >
    > Interesting that someone so self-appointedly interested in staying on-
    > topic couldn't do so here.
    >
    > Like:
    >
    > http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/p...332&CATID=2016
    >
    > Or:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/o91t
    >
    > Especially if you *aren't* a troll, as you proclaim.
    >


    Plantronics might be a better option to go with since they are much
    cheaper than Jabra. Well then again you get what you pay for.

    --
    -DItalianSalami
    -Remove Spamsux from Email to Respond




  9. #9

    Re: wireless headset?

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:54:40 GMT, DItalianSalami
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Nojuan wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    >> recently about there being a wireless headset but have no information
    >> other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    >>
    >>

    >
    >BTW I found the jabra headset with 2.5mm adapter at buy.com for $125.98.
    > It's a much better price than $180
    >
    >http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...91&dcaid=15889


    Having used one of the JABRA headsets for about 6 months, I can attest
    to the comfort and usability. I have been 30+ feet from my phone
    several times and still carried on conversations. Sound quality is
    usually exceptional although I do get a bit of crackling now and then.



  10. #10
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?


    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:54:40 GMT, DItalianSalami
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Nojuan wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    > >> recently about there being a wireless headset but have no

    information
    > >> other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > >BTW I found the jabra headset with 2.5mm adapter at buy.com for

    $125.98.
    > > It's a much better price than $180
    > >
    > >http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...91&dcaid=15889

    >
    > Having used one of the JABRA headsets for about 6 months, I can

    attest
    > to the comfort and usability. I have been 30+ feet from my phone
    > several times and still carried on conversations. Sound quality is
    > usually exceptional although I do get a bit of crackling now and

    then.

    So, how is the set up for this? I've gone to Jabra's site and really
    didn't see what all is involved, i.e.: the adaptor connected to the
    phone.

    Also, I read where one can initiate voice dialing. How's that working
    out? Any and all additional information on features would be
    appreciated.

    Bob





  11. #11

    Re: wireless headset?

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:08:25 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:54:40 GMT, DItalianSalami
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Nojuan wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard rumors
    >> >> recently about there being a wireless headset but have no

    >information
    >> >> other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >BTW I found the jabra headset with 2.5mm adapter at buy.com for

    >$125.98.
    >> > It's a much better price than $180
    >> >
    >> >http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...91&dcaid=15889

    >>
    >> Having used one of the JABRA headsets for about 6 months, I can

    >attest
    >> to the comfort and usability. I have been 30+ feet from my phone
    >> several times and still carried on conversations. Sound quality is
    >> usually exceptional although I do get a bit of crackling now and

    >then.
    >
    >So, how is the set up for this? I've gone to Jabra's site and really
    >didn't see what all is involved, i.e.: the adaptor connected to the
    >phone.
    >
    >Also, I read where one can initiate voice dialing. How's that working
    >out? Any and all additional information on features would be
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Bob
    >


    On a non-bluetooth phone, the adapter plugs into the headphone jack
    and you're ready to go. On a bluetooth phone, the headset itself is
    paired to the phone and the adapter is not used. I had set up voice
    dialing on my previous Nextel phone and it worked fine. Haven't taken
    the time to fully transfer all of my numbers and stuff to this phone
    yet.



  12. #12
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?


    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:08:25 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:54:40 GMT, DItalianSalami
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Nojuan wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> Is there a wireless headset for a sanyo 8100? I've heard

    rumors
    > >> >> recently about there being a wireless headset but have no

    > >information
    > >> >> other than rumor. Has anyone heard this?
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >> >BTW I found the jabra headset with 2.5mm adapter at buy.com for

    > >$125.98.
    > >> > It's a much better price than $180
    > >> >
    > >>

    >http://www.buy.com/retail/product_ju...91&dcaid=15889
    > >>
    > >> Having used one of the JABRA headsets for about 6 months, I can

    > >attest
    > >> to the comfort and usability. I have been 30+ feet from my phone
    > >> several times and still carried on conversations. Sound quality

    is
    > >> usually exceptional although I do get a bit of crackling now and

    > >then.
    > >
    > >So, how is the set up for this? I've gone to Jabra's site and

    really
    > >didn't see what all is involved, i.e.: the adaptor connected to the
    > >phone.
    > >
    > >Also, I read where one can initiate voice dialing. How's that

    working
    > >out? Any and all additional information on features would be
    > >appreciated.
    > >
    > >Bob
    > >

    >
    > On a non-bluetooth phone, the adapter plugs into the headphone

    jack
    > and you're ready to go. On a bluetooth phone, the headset itself is
    > paired to the phone and the adapter is not used. I had set up voice
    > dialing on my previous Nextel phone and it worked fine. Haven't

    taken
    > the time to fully transfer all of my numbers and stuff to this phone
    > yet.


    Thanks for the reply. Just so I get this straight, then, the adapter
    is hooked up to the phone and stays by the phone, where you can roam
    around the room without any wires connected from the ear piece to the
    adapter. I'm asking as it appears the jack is connected the ear piece
    from the pictures on Jabra's site.

    Next, is there a button you can push on the ear piece to turn the
    phone on, to make voice calls, while roaming around the room?

    Bob





  13. #13
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: wireless headset?


    "DItalianSalami" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    > Bob Smith wrote:

    <snipped >
    > > Thanks for the reply. Just so I get this straight, then, the

    adapter
    > > is hooked up to the phone and stays by the phone, where you can

    roam
    > > around the room without any wires connected from the ear piece to

    the
    > > adapter. I'm asking as it appears the jack is connected the ear

    piece
    > > from the pictures on Jabra's site.
    > >

    >
    > The earpiece connects to the jack to recharge, or as a holster.

    When
    > you're using it you take it off the jack.
    >
    > > Next, is there a button you can push on the ear piece to turn the
    > > phone on, to make voice calls, while roaming around the room?
    > >

    >
    > That will vary from phone to phone.


    Thanks for the follow up DItalian ...

    Bob





  14. #14

    Re: wireless headset?

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:14:00 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"DItalianSalami" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news[email protected]
    >> Bob Smith wrote:

    ><snipped >
    >> > Thanks for the reply. Just so I get this straight, then, the

    >adapter
    >> > is hooked up to the phone and stays by the phone, where you can

    >roam
    >> > around the room without any wires connected from the ear piece to

    >the
    >> > adapter. I'm asking as it appears the jack is connected the ear

    >piece
    >> > from the pictures on Jabra's site.
    >> >

    >>
    >> The earpiece connects to the jack to recharge, or as a holster.

    >When
    >> you're using it you take it off the jack.
    >>
    >> > Next, is there a button you can push on the ear piece to turn the
    >> > phone on, to make voice calls, while roaming around the room?
    >> >

    >>
    >> That will vary from phone to phone.

    >
    >Thanks for the follow up DItalian ...
    >
    >Bob
    >


    I have had the opportunity to use one with a bluetooth phone (not sure
    of the model) and it was wonderful. Could make and end calls without
    EVER touching the phone. Using the adapter, the functionality is
    rather limited to being able to walk around and continue talking (or
    drive and not catch the wire on anything). Some phones might let you
    do more but the Nextel i90 that I had didn't. JABRA makes standard
    wired headsets as well...



  • Similar Threads