Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    CAT0NHAT
    Guest
    Lets start over. Here is the Reuters story that Sprint apologists try to go OFF
    TOPIC on so it wont be discussed. SprintPCS is losing money, if they keep it up
    they WILL go out of business.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/031028/telec...ireless_4.html

    Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:<A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">NXTL</A><A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">
    </A> -<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=nxtl"> News</A>), the nation's
    fifth-largest wireless operator, kicked off the quarterly earnings season with
    strong results, but analysts were disappointed by No. 3 AT&T Wireless Services
    Inc. (NYSE:<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=awe">AWE</A> -<A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=awe"> News</A>) and No. 4 Sprint PCS Group
    (NYSE:<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=pcs">PCS</A> -<A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=pcs"> News</A>; NYSE:<A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=fon">FON</A> -<A
    HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=fon"> News</A>), which both added fewer
    customers than expected.





    See More: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt




  2. #2
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    CAT0NHAT wrote:

    > Lets start over. Here is the Reuters story that Sprint apologists try to
    > go OFF TOPIC on so it wont be discussed. SprintPCS is losing money, if
    > they keep it up they WILL go out of business.
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/031028/telec...ireless_4.html
    >
    > Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">NXTL</A><A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">
    > </A> -<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=nxtl"> News</A>), the
    > nation's fifth-largest wireless operator, kicked off the quarterly
    > earnings season with strong results, but analysts were disappointed by No.
    > 3 AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (NYSE:<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=awe">AWE</A> -<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=awe"> News</A>) and No. 4 Sprint PCS
    > Group (NYSE:<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=pcs">PCS</A> -<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=pcs"> News</A>; NYSE:<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=fon">FON</A> -<A
    > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=fon"> News</A>), which both added
    > fewer customers than expected.



    Worldcom and Enron were both profitable too- that really shows the strength
    of a company, doesn't it?



  3. #3
    Gprestonian
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    Curious - the article says nothing about either Verizon's or Sprint's profitability.

    So what was your point?

    [email protected] (CAT0NHAT) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Lets start over. Here is the Reuters story that Sprint apologists try to go OFF
    > TOPIC on so it wont be discussed. SprintPCS is losing money, if they keep it up
    > they WILL go out of business.
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/031028/telec...ireless_4.html
    >




  4. #4
    Big Poppa
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    Well there IS a good thing to come out of it, IF sprint ever did go out of
    business... We wouldnt have to listen to Phil whining anymore.. But I don't
    have to listen to it, becuz I have ALL of his Id blocked, and each time I
    see a new one, I block it too

    "Scott Stephenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > CAT0NHAT wrote:
    >
    > > Lets start over. Here is the Reuters story that Sprint apologists try to
    > > go OFF TOPIC on so it wont be discussed. SprintPCS is losing money, if
    > > they keep it up they WILL go out of business.
    > >
    > > http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/031028/telec...ireless_4.html
    > >
    > > Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">NXTL</A><A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nxtl">
    > > </A> -<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=nxtl"> News</A>), the
    > > nation's fifth-largest wireless operator, kicked off the quarterly
    > > earnings season with strong results, but analysts were disappointed by

    No.
    > > 3 AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (NYSE:<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=awe">AWE</A> -<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=awe"> News</A>) and No. 4 Sprint

    PCS
    > > Group (NYSE:<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=pcs">PCS</A> -<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=pcs"> News</A>; NYSE:<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=fon">FON</A> -<A
    > > HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=fon"> News</A>), which both added
    > > fewer customers than expected.

    >
    >
    > Worldcom and Enron were both profitable too- that really shows the

    strength
    > of a company, doesn't it?






  5. #5
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    Big Poppa wrote:

    > Well there IS a good thing to come out of it, IF sprint ever did go out of
    > business... We wouldnt have to listen to Phil whining anymore.. But I
    > don't have to listen to it, becuz I have ALL of his Id blocked, and each
    > time I see a new one, I block it too
    >


    Naw- he'd just end up on whatever group belonged to the company that buys
    them and whine about the way they wrong him. I've decided that he is the
    internet version of the clap- you can get a shot to cure it (plonk him),
    but if you're not careful, it comes back with a vengeance (another name),
    and it is such a pain in the ass to deal with in the mean time.

    I'd plonk him in a heartbeat, but my parents taught me to be kind to dumb
    animals.




  6. #6
    TechGeek
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt


    Scott Stephenson wrote:
    > *
    > Worldcom and Enron were both profitable too- that really shows the
    > strength
    > of a company, doesn't it? *


    Don't forget it took Amazon.com a very long time (longer than PCS has
    been around) to post a profit, too.

    That site (as stated before) says nothing about SprintPCS losing
    money.

    It is true that Sprint Corp posted a $500M consolidated (sp?) loss, but
    that also includes a $1.2B write-off for some wireless internet
    project.

    Do the math, looks like if it wasn't for that, they (Sprint Corp)would
    have posted a $700M profit.

    Also interesting how he kees on bragging (complaining?) that Sprint PCS
    is never making a profit, yet also wants every phone thats ever been
    made to be recalled, for Sprint PCS to have engineers testing every
    inch of a network, to hire more customer service reps, expand coverage
    and capacity..

    Sounds like a double standard. Luckily for him, he wins either way.

    --
    Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
    Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap




  7. #7
    CAT0NHAT
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    good to see Tech Geek back here. He has posted some helpful information for
    problems users have had. Too bad he jumped in on the wrong side of this
    argument.

    > *
    > Worldcom and Enron were both profitable too- that > really shows the
    > strength of a company, doesn't it? *


    Worldcom and Enron were cooking their books.
    You folks suggesting that SprintPCS do that too?

    A strength of a company is if it is increasing market share, then current
    losses may be overlooked. (i.e. DirecTv) That is not the case with SprintPCS.
    It is losing market share to Nextel and Verizon.

    So which of the Sprinbt apologists has bought stock in SprintPCS this week, or
    do they not really want to put their money where their mouth is?

    =============
    I don't work for Sprint
    I don't try to defend them.
    I just use its network cause its cheap.




  8. #8
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    CAT0NHAT wrote:

    > good to see Tech Geek back here. He has posted some helpful information
    > for problems users have had. Too bad he jumped in on the wrong side of
    > this argument.
    >
    >> *
    >> Worldcom and Enron were both profitable too- that > really shows the
    >> strength of a company, doesn't it? *

    >
    > Worldcom and Enron were cooking their books.
    > You folks suggesting that SprintPCS do that too?


    Nope- just pointing out companies that posted quarter after quarter of
    profit, only to implode.
    >
    > A strength of a company is if it is increasing market share, then current
    > losses may be overlooked. (i.e. DirecTv) That is not the case with
    > SprintPCS. It is losing market share to Nextel and Verizon.


    They added subscibers- how is that a loss?

    >
    > So which of the Sprinbt apologists has bought stock in SprintPCS this
    > week, or do they not really want to put their money where their mouth is?
    >
    > =============
    > I don't work for Sprint
    > I don't try to defend them.
    > I just use its network cause its cheap.



    No, you use the network because nobody else will have your whiney ass.



  9. #9
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt


    "Scott Stephenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > CAT0NHAT wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > No, you use the network because nobody else will have your whiney ass.


    Hey, isn't it time for Phillipe to change his name again. Perhaps
    WH1NEE_A$$ would work?

    Tom Veldhouse





  10. #10
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    >
    > "Scott Stephenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> CAT0NHAT wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> No, you use the network because nobody else will have your whiney ass.

    >
    > Hey, isn't it time for Phillipe to change his name again. Perhaps
    > WH1NEE_A$$ would work?
    >
    > Tom Veldhouse



    I kind of like WH1NEE_A$$_WOULDNT_KNOW_A FACT_IF_IT_BIT ME_IN_THE A$$



  11. #11
    CAT0NHAT
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    > I kind of like WH1NEE_A$$_WOULDNT_KNOW_A
    > FACT_IF_IT_BIT ME_IN_THE A$$


    Lame attempt by Sprint apologist Scott to obsfuscate. The Reuters story tells
    the facts. Too bad they're not to your liking. SprintPCS is losing money, and
    thats a fact




  12. #12
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    CAT0NHAT wrote:

    >> I kind of like WH1NEE_A$$_WOULDNT_KNOW_A
    >> FACT_IF_IT_BIT ME_IN_THE A$$

    >
    > Lame attempt by Sprint apologist Scott to obsfuscate. The Reuters story
    > tells the facts. Too bad they're not to your liking. SprintPCS is losing
    > money, and thats a fact


    Actually, I though it was a pretty accurate attempt to label you for what
    you are- a whiney, factless, emotionally challenged troll. Can anyone say
    "Napoleon Syndrome"?

    Where did anyone say that Sprint made money last quarter?

    One news story does not represent an accurate protratyal. Truly intelligent
    people take their facts from a variety of sources, and not a single news
    item that you have obviously misinterpreted, based on the stupid numbers
    you have thrown around in other threads. And I won't ask of the other
    questions- you have proven your lack of knowledge about anything by your
    failure to answer even the most basic questions in this group.



  13. #13
    CAT0NHAT
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    > One news story does not represent an accurate
    > protratyal.


    Sorry, I have no reason to disbelieve a Reuters news story, but do do disbelive
    your aplogizing for Sprint.



  14. #14
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt

    CAT0NHAT wrote:

    >> One news story does not represent an accurate
    >> protratyal.

    >
    > Sorry, I have no reason to disbelieve a Reuters news story, but do do
    > disbelive your aplogizing for Sprint.



    But I don't apologize- you've never been able to prove it. THe true
    translation of 'Sprint apologist' when used by you is- "Those people who
    use facts to show Phil as the true fool he is."



  15. #15
    CAT0NHAT
    Guest

    Re: Verizon is profitable, SprintPCS isnt


    > But I don't apologize- you've never been able to
    > prove it. THe true
    > translation of 'Sprint apologist' when used by you > is- "Those people who
    > use facts


    Nope, a Sprint apologist like [email protected]

    is one who would argue with valid information from a reputable source like JD
    Power or Reuters News, because it has stories not their liking about Sprint,
    and then call names those who would dare to post such stories. Sorry it upsets
    you that SprintPCs is losing money, losing market share, has a high churn rate,
    and is expected to be a WLNP loser. I just post the URLs.

    Let me assure you, calling me names will only assure my continued posting, Mr.
    Apologist.



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast