Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    How long before the ESN of a phone is freed by Cingular when the
    provider is out of business?

    I ran out of minutes last weekend.




    See More: justalk out of business




  2. #2

    Re: justalk out of business

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 27 Jun 2005 10:42:54 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >How long before the ESN of a phone is freed by Cingular when the
    > >provider is out of business?

    >
    > Huh?

    Because Cingular has my ESN (electronic serial #) in their computer,
    and Justalk is out of business, my phone cannot be used to sign up
    with another carrier. Justalk was a reseller of AT&T wireless sevices.
    Alternative AT&T TDMA pre-paids abound, such as gobeyondwireless.com
    and callplus. They will not allow me to use this phone until my old
    plan is cancelled. I have not tried gophone or whatever Cingular calls
    it now.
    >
    > >I ran out of minutes last weekend.

    >
    > Ok, and..?

    Since Justalk is out of business, I cannot buy more minutes. I am
    getting another phone, even though I have a perfectly good AT&T TDMA
    phone.




  3. #3
    Jerome Zelinske
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    It is time to change technologies. Tdma is a dead end.

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >>On 27 Jun 2005 10:42:54 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>How long before the ESN of a phone is freed by Cingular when the
    >>>provider is out of business?

    >>
    >>Huh?

    >
    > Because Cingular has my ESN (electronic serial #) in their computer,
    > and Justalk is out of business, my phone cannot be used to sign up
    > with another carrier. Justalk was a reseller of AT&T wireless sevices.
    > Alternative AT&T TDMA pre-paids abound, such as gobeyondwireless.com
    > and callplus. They will not allow me to use this phone until my old
    > plan is cancelled. I have not tried gophone or whatever Cingular calls
    > it now.
    >
    >>>I ran out of minutes last weekend.

    >>
    >>Ok, and..?

    >
    > Since Justalk is out of business, I cannot buy more minutes. I am
    > getting another phone, even though I have a perfectly good AT&T TDMA
    > phone.
    >




  4. #4
    Jerry
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    One thing that TDMA has, here in Phoenix anyway, is that you could roam
    onto analog the networks which cover a large part of the state. I really
    miss that with my Cingular GSM.

    Jerome Zelinske wrote:
    > It is time to change technologies. Tdma is a dead end.
    >
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 27 Jun 2005 10:42:54 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> How long before the ESN of a phone is freed by Cingular when the
    >>>> provider is out of business?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Huh?

    >>
    >>
    >> Because Cingular has my ESN (electronic serial #) in their computer,
    >> and Justalk is out of business, my phone cannot be used to sign up
    >> with another carrier. Justalk was a reseller of AT&T wireless sevices.
    >> Alternative AT&T TDMA pre-paids abound, such as gobeyondwireless.com
    >> and callplus. They will not allow me to use this phone until my old
    >> plan is cancelled. I have not tried gophone or whatever Cingular calls
    >> it now.
    >>
    >>>> I ran out of minutes last weekend.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Ok, and..?

    >>
    >>
    >> Since Justalk is out of business, I cannot buy more minutes. I am
    >> getting another phone, even though I have a perfectly good AT&T TDMA
    >> phone.
    >>




  5. #5
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    Jerry wrote:
    > One thing that TDMA has, here in Phoenix anyway, is that you could roam
    > onto analog the networks which cover a large part of the state. I really
    > miss that with my Cingular GSM.


    You can do that with the CDMA providers, too.


    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  6. #6
    Jerry
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> One thing that TDMA has, here in Phoenix anyway, is that you could
    >> roam onto analog the networks which cover a large part of the state. I
    >> really miss that with my Cingular GSM.

    >
    >
    > You can do that with the CDMA providers, too.


    Now I just have to wait for my contract to run out. :^(

    Or use that spammer that claims to be able to get anyone out of cell
    phone contracts. ;^)



  7. #7
    Jerome Zelinske
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    If you get the right phone. Most of my state and most of most of the
    surrounding states have cdma.


    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> One thing that TDMA has, here in Phoenix anyway, is that you could
    >> roam onto analog the networks which cover a large part of the state. I
    >> really miss that with my Cingular GSM.

    >
    >
    > You can do that with the CDMA providers, too.
    >
    >




  8. #8
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    Joseph wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> If you get the right phone. Most of my state and most of most of the
    >>surrounding states have cdma.

    >
    > And that state would be? (or is that classified?)


    Wisconsin, if I recall correctly. Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular all
    service that state. All are CDMA.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  9. #9
    Jerome Zelinske
    Guest

    Re: justalk out of business

    Also Alltel and maybe others. Most of IL, MN, MI also are covered by
    cdma.

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Joseph wrote:
    >
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you get the right phone. Most of my state and most of most of
    >>> the surrounding states have cdma.

    >>
    >>
    >> And that state would be? (or is that classified?)

    >
    >
    > Wisconsin, if I recall correctly. Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular all
    > service that state. All are CDMA.
    >




  • Similar Threads