Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    [email protected]_not-valid_.com
    Guest
    Last night I just called 911 on my cellphone because my mother fell
    down the steps. Whoever answered told me to "get ****ed" and hung up.
    I thought 911 was connected to the police and fire dept. I called on
    my home phone and got an ambulance. Mom will be ok, but I am really
    angry about that call. I called today again, and explained to them
    what happened, and they said that it's not possible. Well, I know I
    called 911, and any other 3 digit number would have done nothing
    because it's an incomplete call. How could this happen? I really
    dont think that the police dispatcher would be that rude, so all I can
    assume is that someone hacked into the cellphones. Is that possible?
    I'd like to file a complaint but to whom, and I really have no proof
    of the rude comment. Yet, I feel someone needs to know about this.
    That dispatcher was certain no one did this, so I could not get any
    further information from them.

    Wally



    See More: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?




  2. #2
    danny burstein
    Guest

    Re: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?

    In <[email protected]> [email protected]_not-valid_.com writes:

    >Last night I just called 911 on my cellphone because my mother fell
    >down the steps.

    [ snip ]

    a: your phone probably has a last ten or so calls listing.
    Why not check and make sure what you called?

    b: similarly, most cellcos have online (web based)
    bill lookup, with call listings. See what it says.

    If, indeed, they show you called 911 then file
    a complaint with whatever agency runs the PSAPs. Just
    about all calls to 911 centers are recorded.

    --
    _____________________________________________________
    Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
    [email protected]
    [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]



  3. #3
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?

    In message <[email protected]> danny burstein
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In <[email protected]> [email protected]_not-valid_.com writes:
    >
    >>Last night I just called 911 on my cellphone because my mother fell
    >>down the steps.

    > [ snip ]
    >
    >a: your phone probably has a last ten or so calls listing.
    >Why not check and make sure what you called?
    >
    >b: similarly, most cellcos have online (web based)
    >bill lookup, with call listings. See what it says.
    >
    >If, indeed, they show you called 911 then file
    >a complaint with whatever agency runs the PSAPs. Just
    >about all calls to 911 centers are recorded.


    No harm in filing the complaint anyway, if they can't find a record of
    your call at the PSAP, it will likely end up with your telco for tracing
    purposes, and if you misdialed you'll have an egg on your face, but at
    least you'll know.

    Misdialed though... It's not like 912 goes anywhere, so I think it's
    relatively unlikely.

    --
    Peter: I read a book about this sort of thing once.
    Brian: Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
    Peter: Oh yeah



  4. #4
    Notan
    Guest

    Re: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    >
    > In message <[email protected]> danny burstein
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >In <[email protected]> [email protected]_not-valid_.com writes:
    > >
    > >>Last night I just called 911 on my cellphone because my mother fell
    > >>down the steps.

    > > [ snip ]
    > >
    > >a: your phone probably has a last ten or so calls listing.
    > >Why not check and make sure what you called?
    > >
    > >b: similarly, most cellcos have online (web based)
    > >bill lookup, with call listings. See what it says.
    > >
    > >If, indeed, they show you called 911 then file
    > >a complaint with whatever agency runs the PSAPs. Just
    > >about all calls to 911 centers are recorded.

    >
    > No harm in filing the complaint anyway, if they can't find a record of
    > your call at the PSAP, it will likely end up with your telco for tracing
    > purposes, and if you misdialed you'll have an egg on your face, but at
    > least you'll know.
    >
    > Misdialed though... It's not like 912 goes anywhere, so I think it's
    > relatively unlikely.


    How 'bout "411?"

    Notan



  5. #5
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?

    In message <[email protected]> Notan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >DevilsPGD wrote:
    >>
    >> In message <[email protected]> danny burstein
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In <[email protected]> [email protected]_not-valid_.com writes:
    >> >
    >> >>Last night I just called 911 on my cellphone because my mother fell
    >> >>down the steps.
    >> > [ snip ]
    >> >
    >> >a: your phone probably has a last ten or so calls listing.
    >> >Why not check and make sure what you called?
    >> >
    >> >b: similarly, most cellcos have online (web based)
    >> >bill lookup, with call listings. See what it says.
    >> >
    >> >If, indeed, they show you called 911 then file
    >> >a complaint with whatever agency runs the PSAPs. Just
    >> >about all calls to 911 centers are recorded.

    >>
    >> No harm in filing the complaint anyway, if they can't find a record of
    >> your call at the PSAP, it will likely end up with your telco for tracing
    >> purposes, and if you misdialed you'll have an egg on your face, but at
    >> least you'll know.
    >>
    >> Misdialed though... It's not like 912 goes anywhere, so I think it's
    >> relatively unlikely.

    >
    >How 'bout "411?"


    I would suspect the automated system most companies use would be a dead
    giveaway...

    --
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.



  6. #6
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: 911 Emergency call gets a rude response?

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    >>> Misdialed though... It's not like 912 goes anywhere, so I think it's
    >>> relatively unlikely.

    >> How 'bout "411?"

    >
    > I would suspect the automated system most companies use would be a dead
    > giveaway...


    How about "he dialed a speed dial by accident"?

    My GSM phone has three-digit speed dials. Speed dials for numbers stored on
    the SIM start at 501.



    --
    Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
    Apple Valley, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

    It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.



  • Similar Threads