Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    genio
    Guest
    [email protected] wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:42:10 GMT, "Dr. Compynei"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Jon" wrote:
    > >> Hi group(s)
    > >>
    > >> Situation:
    > >> Father-in-law got new computer for xmas, wants to get ADSL broadband.
    > >> Currenlty have NTL phone line (previously was BT), Sky Digital (so
    > >> probably Sky Broadband if it's available - they will be very light and
    > >> un-fussy internet users and the wireless router will be handy).
    > >>
    > >> There are several phone points around the house, all fully functional.
    > >> The BT line has been snipped before it enters the house, and is
    > >> currently coiled up and clipped to the outside wall of the house where
    > >> it's been for the last 10 years. There is no BT socket in the house
    > >> anymore, master or otherwise.
    > >>
    > >> Not keen on paying BT for a


    new installation.
    > >>
    > >> Plan:
    > >> Acquire a master socket and using the existing cable from the telegraph
    > >> pole to install a new master socket in the house, then ring BT and ask
    > >> for free reconnection transferring number from NTL. Once connected we
    > >> hook up the extensions to the master socket, enabling those to all work
    > >> aswell.
    > >>
    > >> Requirements:
    > >> Pinouts for the BT master socket. Father in law thinks it's orange/white
    > >> on one pin and white/orange on another. I'm sure this information is
    > >> available on the net somewhere so I'm going to check in a moment.
    > >>
    > >> Is this viable?

    > >
    > >How about NTL Broadband?
    > >

    > NTL Broadband is now blueyonder NTL Broadband they merged or got
    > taken over some time ago and now I wouldn't recommend them to my worst
    > enemy .


    Last I heard Ntl bought virgin broadband, we might end up with a
    blueyonder, ntl and virgin hybrid service

    ___________
    Unlock various phones including 3G
    http://www.unlockyourfone.com




    See More: "Self re-installing" a BT line




  2. #2
    Dave C
    Guest

    Re: "Self re-installing" a BT line

    genio wrote:

    > Last I heard Ntl bought virgin broadband, we might end up with a
    > blueyonder, ntl and virgin hybrid service
    >


    NTL / Telewest have combined with Virgin Mobile. All to be renamed
    Virgin Media

    Virgin Broadband (Virgin.net) was not in the deal

    Personally, I'm dumping my Telewest phone line as they have put up the
    prices by the back door. e.g. Charging for itemized billing

    --
    Dave C



  3. #3
    Andy Lord
    Guest

    Re: "Self re-installing" a BT line


    Dave C wrote:

    > genio wrote:
    >
    > > Last I heard Ntl bought virgin broadband, we might end up with a
    > > blueyonder, ntl and virgin hybrid service
    > >

    >
    > NTL / Telewest have combined with Virgin Mobile. All to be renamed
    > Virgin Media
    >
    > Virgin Broadband (Virgin.net) was not in the deal


    It didn't need to be. It was bought by NTL 2 years ago.




  4. #4
    Xeonwales
    Guest

    Re: "Self re-installing" a BT line


    Andy Lord wrote:
    > Dave C wrote:
    >
    > > genio wrote:
    > >
    > > > Last I heard Ntl bought virgin broadband, we might end up with a
    > > > blueyonder, ntl and virgin hybrid service
    > > >

    > >
    > > NTL / Telewest have combined with Virgin Mobile. All to be renamed
    > > Virgin Media
    > >
    > > Virgin Broadband (Virgin.net) was not in the deal

    >
    > It didn't need to be. It was bought by NTL 2 years ago.


    Yep, NTL bought Virgin.Net some time ago, now plan to use it as there
    Off-Net service (as a replacment for NTL Freedom).




  5. #5
    jpd
    Guest

    Re: "Self re-installing" a BT line

    "Andy Lord" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    go back under the rock you crawled from andy lord





  6. #6
    NoNeedToKnow
    Guest

    Re: "Self re-installing" a BT line

    On 29 Dec 2006, "jpd" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Andy Lord" <[email protected]> wrote in message


    >> Dave C
    >>> Virgin Broadband (Virgin.net) was not in the deal


    >>It didn't need to be. It was bought by NTL 2 years ago.


    >go back under the rock you crawled from andy lord


    For what? Stating a fact you don't agree with (despite being correct
    in round terms - I don't know if it was 2 years +/- 20% or whatever!)



  • Similar Threads