Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Unfortunately, I looked into that when I was shopping for service and
    > Altell would cost me double for all my non-cabin in the woods calls
    > Since I'm primarily a city user Altell is NOT for me
    >
    >
    >
    >


    Huh? Alltel's regional plan, called "Greater Freedom", is $39 for 700
    minutes/month with free LD, free N/W, free M2M, but without the circle.

    As you are only going to use the phone for "emergencies", as you say,
    you'd never use the 700 minutes. They'll give you another 100 anytime
    minutes after you've been a customer for a few months and paid your bill
    on time as a bonus. I'm on that plan and have been for years, now.

    $39 is too much money for real comms at the cabin? If you can't afford
    that, maybe your should sell the cabin!

    http://alltel.com/personal/wireless/...ndividual.html
    Click the Greater Freedom tab.

    I'm also confused about why Alltel wouldn't work in your city. I've
    never been in any city Alltel didn't have service in. What city are you
    in?

    Having a separate Alltel account at the cabin would also mean your own
    family could call in/out of the cabin to the car broke down on the road
    to the cabin....an important item for me.

    Larry
    --



    See More: Cell phone booster ???




  2. #47
    Max Signal
    Max Signal is offline
    Junior Member

    Location
    Buffalo , New York
    Posts
    28

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    As of February 2008 that won't work . That is when all analog is officially supposed to be phased out as per the FCC

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]upernews.com:

    > This is about setting up service so that I can use my phone in an
    > emergency from my cabin in the woods
    > You know just in case some deer gets mad because I didn't put out
    > enough
    > corn and decides to stomp on me
    > So I can still reach 911 after I shoot Bambi for assaulting me,
    > and get
    > both
    > an out of season tag and keep the meat,
    > and an ambulance take me to emergency after I've thrown bambi
    > in the
    > freezer
    >:-))))
    >
    >


    You don't need cellular service! Go to a thrift shop and buy a nice
    working bagphone for 99 cents. Put it in the cabin on a 12V power supply
    and don't try to register it with anyone. See if it finds an AMPS system
    to connect to, of course. Try both AMPS A and B systems, then lock the
    phone on the most powerful signal you get, which is probably Alltel's.
    You can dial 2 numbers 611 and 911 FOR FREE! It's Federal Law! You're
    not stealing service. (Those attacks from the company hacks will follow
    this post.) Dial 611 on it to see if the cell company's telephone
    computer can decode your touchtones. Just press one and see if it
    responds. All my vehicles have cigarette lighter bagphones in them for
    911 emergency services not registered to any system. AMPS just works
    because of the much higher power levels it uses and noone else on your
    channel while you're using it....not shared like digital is.


    Larry
    --



  3. #48
    AZ Nomad
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:00:57 -1000, BruceR <[email protected]> wrote:




    > AZ Nomad wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:48:35 -0600, Todd Allcock
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> At 18 Aug 2007 20:22:47 +0000 AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>
    >>>> Yeah, you're lying. A thousand times zero is still zero.

    >>
    >>
    >>> But who says the signal is actually "zero." Just because it's below
    >>> a level the phone's signal strength meter registers as usable doesn't
    >>> necessarily mean there isn't a signal for the amp to latch on to.

    >>
    >> amplifiers don't latch on to signals.


    >A sensitive antenna setup can receive an otherwise unuseable signal and
    >amplify it to useable strength.


    If the signal is unuseable, the amplified signal will be no better. You'll
    amplifify noise as well and the signal will in fact be less useable.





  4. #49
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    Max Signal <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > As of February 2008 that won't work . That is when all analog is
    > officially supposed to be phased out as per the FCC
    >
    >


    Nope...you read it wrong. Feb 2008 is when carrier MAY, but are not forced
    to, stop supporting AMPS service. As he is in Alltel area, he'll be happy
    to know Alltel will continue to support AMPS customers far into the future
    as Alltel does a good bit of service to the rural South, where AMPS is
    king! I suspect companies, like Alltel, who support rural customers, will
    be on AMPS for many years to come. It just makes good sense.

    Not everyone lives on Manhattan.

    Larry
    --



  5. #50
    Max Signal
    Max Signal is offline
    Junior Member

    Location
    Buffalo , New York
    Posts
    28

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    We work with Alltel and they are doing thier best to phase out AMPS in that time frame. I would not bank on Amps being around for years to come

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Max Signal <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > As of February 2008 that won't work . That is when all analog is
    > officially supposed to be phased out as per the FCC
    >
    >


    Nope...you read it wrong. Feb 2008 is when carrier MAY, but are not forced
    to, stop supporting AMPS service. As he is in Alltel area, he'll be happy
    to know Alltel will continue to support AMPS customers far into the future
    as Alltel does a good bit of service to the rural South, where AMPS is
    king! I suspect companies, like Alltel, who support rural customers, will
    be on AMPS for many years to come. It just makes good sense.

    Not everyone lives on Manhattan.

    Larry
    --



  6. #51
    Max Signal
    Max Signal is offline
    Junior Member

    Location
    Buffalo , New York
    Posts
    28

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    A good amplifier can in fact make an unusable signal very usable
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Nomad View Post
    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:00:57 -1000, BruceR <[email protected]> wrote:




    > AZ Nomad wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:48:35 -0600, Todd Allcock
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> At 18 Aug 2007 20:22:47 +0000 AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>
    >>>> Yeah, you're lying. A thousand times zero is still zero.

    >>
    >>
    >>> But who says the signal is actually "zero." Just because it's below
    >>> a level the phone's signal strength meter registers as usable doesn't
    >>> necessarily mean there isn't a signal for the amp to latch on to.

    >>
    >> amplifiers don't latch on to signals.


    >A sensitive antenna setup can receive an otherwise unuseable signal and
    >amplify it to useable strength.


    If the signal is unuseable, the amplified signal will be no better. You'll
    amplifify noise as well and the signal will in fact be less useable.
    Last edited by Max Signal; 08-22-2007 at 07:09 AM.



  7. #52
    Bar_None
    Bar_None is offline
    Junior Member
    Bar_None's Avatar

    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    Wow Max you're a champ. Like turning water into wine. Someone needs to pierce the veil on Janizary Holdings, Inc. who holds the grants for BOTH Cyfre and Peak Reception.

    I just wish someone could stop the fraudulent business practices of Leon Kass.

    Whoops: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/tcb/...=RFKCHACDMA819

    Wow, your amp only has an output power of 1.51 max. Thank god for EIRP. You'd need one heck of a Yagi antenna to achieve the gain your products are claiming. Oh yeah.. you control the amplification with software. Revolutionary.

    On this page Cyfre lies about their FCC ID: www.cyfre.com | Cyfre™ RF Amplifiers - no such code exists.

    In fact, let's play a game. Let's see if we can find ANY FCC ID's that do exist. Here are all the one that do NOT exist as lied by Cyfre's website:

    Lie: RFK-LMSWDJH819
    Lie: RFK-LMSWDJHNEX
    Lie: RFK-IVWA819
    Lie: RFK-CBAHP800
    Lie: RFK-CBAHPNEX

    Wow, not a one registered on the FCC site. I guess I lose the game.

    As shown here: www.cyfre.com | Cyfre™ RF Amplifiers Janizary holdings is associated with this company as well. They lie about their legitimacy.

    And then there is price.

    I suppose you can justify paying a good price for something that is (a) Misrepresented and (b) Overrated.

    You've caused me harm in the past Max. Stop hurting people and taking their money.
    BAR_NONE



  8. #53
    Max Signal
    Max Signal is offline
    Junior Member

    Location
    Buffalo , New York
    Posts
    28

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    I have done you no harm and have no idea who you are. Do you work for a competitor who we are hurting because the carriers such as Alltel buy and approve our products? And all our products are registered. on the FCC site. Do your FCC search at the link below and type in RFK for Grantee code and you will see all our FCC approvals.

    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

    Don't come in a public forum and tell lies anyone who does this search can see who the liar is

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar_None View Post
    Wow Max you're a champ. Like turning water into wine. Someone needs to pierce the veil on Janizary Holdings, Inc. who holds the grants for BOTH Cyfre and Peak Reception.

    I just wish someone could stop the fraudulent business practices of Leon Kass.

    Whoops: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/tcb/...=RFKCHACDMA819

    Wow, your amp only has an output power of 1.51 max. Thank god for EIRP. You'd need one heck of a Yagi antenna to achieve the gain your products are claiming. Oh yeah.. you control the amplification with software. Revolutionary.

    On this page Cyfre lies about their FCC ID: www.cyfre.com | Cyfre™ RF Amplifiers - no such code exists.

    In fact, let's play a game. Let's see if we can find ANY FCC ID's that do exist. Here are all the one that do NOT exist as lied by Cyfre's website:

    Lie: RFK-LMSWDJH819
    Lie: RFK-LMSWDJHNEX
    Lie: RFK-IVWA819
    Lie: RFK-CBAHP800
    Lie: RFK-CBAHPNEX

    Wow, not a one registered on the FCC site. I guess I lose the game.

    As shown here: www.cyfre.com | Cyfre™ RF Amplifiers Janizary holdings is associated with this company as well. They lie about their legitimacy.

    And then there is price.

    I suppose you can justify paying a good price for something that is (a) Misrepresented and (b) Overrated.

    You've caused me harm in the past Max. Stop hurting people and taking their money.
    Last edited by Max Signal; 08-22-2007 at 12:12 PM.



  9. #54
    Andreas Wenzel
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    AZ Nomad schrieb:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:00:57 -1000, BruceR <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [...]
    >> A sensitive antenna setup can receive an otherwise unuseable signal and
    >> amplify it to useable strength.

    >
    > If the signal is unuseable, the amplified signal will be no better. You'll
    > amplifify noise as well and the signal will in fact be less useable.


    A directional antenna does not amplify the signal and therefore does not
    amplify any noise. In transmit case, it concentrates the radiated RF
    energy into a certain direction, creating a stronger field in that
    direction than a non directional antenna would (at the cost of creating
    a weaker field in all other directions). In the receive case, it is not
    as easy to understand, but the effect is the same. Signals coming from
    the direction the antenna points to are received stronger while noise
    from all other directions is suppressed.

    Andreas




  10. #55
    Wayne C. Morris
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    In article <[email protected]>,
    AZ Nomad <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:00:57 -1000, BruceR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >A sensitive antenna setup can receive an otherwise unuseable signal and
    > >amplify it to useable strength.

    >
    > If the signal is unuseable, the amplified signal will be no better. You'll
    > amplifify noise as well and the signal will in fact be less useable.


    If you believe that, you clearly don't have the slightest idea how radio
    works.

    I took electronics class in high school; I built crystal radios, tube
    radios, and transistor radios. The tubes or transistors served to
    amplify a weak signal from an unuseable level to a useable level, and
    allowed a smaller antenna to be used. Back then, manufacturers
    advertised how many transistors were in their transistor radios because
    as a general rule, more transistors meant more amplification and
    therefore better ability to pull in weak signals from faraway stations.

    Cell phones may use different frequencies and modulation techniques than
    those old AM radios, and they send as well as receive, but the basic
    principles are unchanged: If you add a more powerful amplifier and/or a
    bigger antenna, you can pick up weaker signals and send signals farther.

    Yes, the noise is amplified too, but that's only a problem when the
    signal to noise ratio is low. As long as the s/n ratio is above a
    certain threshold, a cell phone will have no difficulty filtering out
    the amplified noise from the amplified signal.



  11. #56
    Twister Group
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:33:20 -0500, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >When we go to the (recently-aquired) cabin we are just on the edge of cell
    >phone service.
    >We can get a signal less than a mile from the cabin, in terrain that is
    >heavily forested and has variances of elevation of no more than 50 feet
    >vertical
    >We really don't want to have permanent (line) phone service in the cabin,
    >but it would be nice to have cell phone service just in case


    >Someone suggested we get a cell phone booster for the car and/or cabin


    >Any advice and experience with such a device would be appreciated


    >Oh yes, primary service is T-Mobile
    >But Cingular is the provider in and around the cabin
    >The phones are Motorola Razor V3s
    >We also have some Motorola V300s that could be left at the cabin for 911 if
    >a booster is a solution










  12. #57

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    In alt.cellular.motorola Twister Group <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >We also have some Motorola V300s that could be left at the cabin for 911 if
    > >a booster is a solution


    http://www.spotwave.com/residential/products/z1900.asp
    Try one of these and let me know how it works ;-)

    --
    Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley Lake, CA, USA GPS: 38.8,-122.5



  13. #58
    Max Signal
    Max Signal is offline
    Junior Member

    Location
    Buffalo , New York
    Posts
    28

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    Spotwave went out of business a few months ago

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    In alt.cellular.motorola Twister Group <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >We also have some Motorola V300s that could be left at the cabin for 911 if
    > >a booster is a solution


    SPOTWAVE® | Z1900 Cell Phone Signal Booster - Repeater | Product Reviews and Information
    Try one of these and let me know how it works ;-)

    --
    Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley Lake, CA, USA GPS: 38.8,-122.5



  14. #59
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone booster ???

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:54:46 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] wrote in
    <[email protected]>:

    >In alt.cellular.motorola Twister Group <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >We also have some Motorola V300s that could be left at the cabin for 911 if
    >> >a booster is a solution


    If you have any signal at all, try an external directional high-gain
    antenna first.

    >http://www.spotwave.com/residential/products/z1900.asp
    >Try one of these and let me know how it works ;-)


    It's only 1900 MHz, which is useless if the only available service is at
    800 MHz. Better to check what service is available first, or get a
    repeater for both bands.

    --
    Best regards, MOTOROLA WIKI:
    John Navas <http://cell.wikia.com/wiki/Motorola>



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234