On Cell Phone Forums
answer this question

Like Tree4Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    rj123
    rj123 is offline
    Member
    rj123's Avatar

    Posts
    32 - liked 1 times
    Guys,

    When do you think apple would launch some thing new like iPhone 4G or any other new model to supersede iPhone 3G ?

    Please post your comments if you know anything about the upcoming launch or any suggestions that you would like apple to make in the upcoming model.


    See More: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?




  2. #2
    Ak-Chris
    Ak-Chris is offline
    Member
    Ak-Chris's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    87 - liked 6 times
    Follow Ak-Chris On Twitter

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    4G I Think is Sprint not AT&T



  3. #3
    misterSelf
    misterSelf is offline
    Phone Addict

    Posts
    338 - liked 66 times

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rj123 View Post
    Guys,

    When do you think apple would launch some thing new like iPhone 4G or any other new model to supersede iPhone 3G ?

    Please post your comments if you know anything about the upcoming launch or any suggestions that you would like apple to make in the upcoming model.
    Currently Sprint is the only American carrier that has a 4G network and it's very small and limited to data cards (I think?); at the moment no handsets have been released for it. VZW is testing their 4G network and it should launch sometime late next year at the earliest. Moreover, the iPhone is still exclusive to AT&T, so the next iPhone will be 3G and relased on AT&T. It will have slight improved specs (hardware and software), but don't expect anything radical. Unless, of course, you meant 4G as in fourth generation iPhone, and even then, the next iPhone would be the third generation iPhone.
    tavenger5 likes this.



  4. #4
    pcoleman
    pcoleman is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    2 - liked 1 times
    Follow pcoleman On Twitter

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Well there is a new cell phone co. launching July that has 5G network with a new phone that is suppose to outdo the iPhone.
    nicknrm likes this.



  5. #5
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    This WILL NOT be occurring in the United States; unfortunately.

    Only two U.S. providers have been approved for a 4G network and that is Sprint and Verizon Wireless. AT&T will be approved shortly.

    5G is way out of our league. China, the industry leader, is still working out 3G quirks...they're starting 4G soon as well. I'm certain NO provider in this world has 5G...most are still thinking about 4G.

    If you can provide a link to your found information, that'd be helpful!




    Quote Originally Posted by pcoleman View Post
    Well there is a new cell phone co. launching July that has 5G network with a new phone that is suppose to outdo the iPhone.




    You're correct.

    Currently, Sprint PCS is the ONLY carrier with a live 4G network. Verizon Wireless has one built (kind of) and they're still fixing bugs...but it hasn't went live yet.

    With Sprint PCS, theirs is exclusive to data cards for faster internet transmission. Right now, getting a 4G device for use isn't something you can just walk in to get. It requires an approval and it is only suggested for business owners with a need for speed at this time. This is likely to change in the future.

    Also, another thing to point out. Verizon Wireless has lowered their tethering costs to $49.99 when you tether your phone to laptop for 3G internet. Why? When they release 4G devices, you can choose to have 4G speeds for $65.99 or 3G speeds for $49.99. Verizon Wireless is expected to launch MOBILE PHONES before data aircards...unlike Sprint. Also, even though you pay $65.99 doesn't mean 4G is available in as many areas [as 3G]...it won't be...for a bit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aurakles View Post
    Currently Sprint is the only American carrier that has a 4G network and it's very small and limited to data cards (I think?); at the moment no handsets have been released for it. VZW is testing their 4G network and it should launch sometime late next year at the earliest. Moreover, the iPhone is still exclusive to AT&T, so the next iPhone will be 3G and relased on AT&T. It will have slight improved specs (hardware and software), but don't expect anything radical. Unless, of course, you meant 4G as in fourth generation iPhone, and even then, the next iPhone would be the third generation iPhone.




    Last edited by nicknrm; 06-03-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: details
    Ak-Chris and tavenger5 like this.
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  6. #6
    Ak-Chris
    Ak-Chris is offline
    Member
    Ak-Chris's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    87 - liked 6 times
    Follow Ak-Chris On Twitter

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Yeah..It WOULD be nice too see an Iphone 4G..BUT...I'm just glad too have 3G in Alaska, But No one really Nows WHAT the Specs are going too Be for the 4th Gen 3G Iphone..



  7. #7
    rj123
    rj123 is offline
    Member
    rj123's Avatar

    Posts
    32 - liked 1 times

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Never heard of 5Th generation in terms of wireless service. so if you could provide us the source of your information, we would really appreciate it.

    Now that sprint and Verizon have been approved for 4G network are they gonna bring something that would out beat iPhone 3G. Since the launch of iPhone 3G exclusively with AT&T i guess sprint has lost a huge share of its wireless market. So i Expect sprint to come with some kind of exclusive launch.



  8. #8
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Actually, Verizon Wireless and Apple are talking very closely about a possible 4G iPhone. Not sure of exact specs, since they're only speculating.

    Sprint has no HUGE planned out future for their 4G network other than for the aircards. When Sprint rolled out 3G, they released it to aircards exclusively like they're doing now with 4G. It had talked 3 years for them to release the first mobile handset. If Sprint was going to have some cool 4G phone coming out, I'd know almost immediately. Right now, I only have a list of perspective Verizon 4G phones.

    Also, Verizon has done something sneaky. It is believed that a few devices already have the LTE ability in them. They are just waiting to be "activated". Not sure what this meant, but that's what my supervisor here at a testing facility (not related to Verizon). I am currently believing the Storm has it...but not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by rj123 View Post
    Never heard of 5Th generation in terms of wireless service. so if you could provide us the source of your information, we would really appreciate it.

    Now that sprint and Verizon have been approved for 4G network are they gonna bring something that would out beat iPhone 3G. Since the launch of iPhone 3G exclusively with AT&T i guess sprint has lost a huge share of its wireless market. So i Expect sprint to come with some kind of exclusive launch.


    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  9. #9
    brainox
    brainox is offline
    Phone Addict

    Cell Phone
    Nokia 6680
    Posts
    256 - liked 16 times

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    people will be drooling again with the rumors of iphone 4G!


    _______________
    Cheapest Mobile Phones in the Planet:

    Twift
    Plemix
    Mobilecityonline



  10. #10
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: when is Apple going to launch iPhone 4G ?

    Well, coming from where I work...I'M CERTAIN and have been guaranteed than an iPhone 4G WILL BE launched. As to all of the specs, we have no idea...as far as the carrier it will be on, that's currently a rumor.

    Personally, I still don't feel the iPhone is that successful...but oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by brainox View Post
    people will be drooling again with the rumors of iphone 4G!


    _______________
    Cheapest Mobile Phones in the Planet:

    Twift
    Plemix
    Mobilecityonline


    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.