On Cell Phone Forums
answer this question

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tavenger5
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Kmt8924
    Kmt8924 is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1
    Hi, this may be a dumb question....a few weeks ago I took my I-phone to the apple store because it would not hold a charge anymore. this had been going on for over a month. I found out the battery was very corroted.(sp??) Does anyone know if battery corrosion on a cell phone is toxic to the user? Thank you!


    See More: Battery Corrosion




  2. #2
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,181 - liked 1148 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter Add tavenger5 on Google+

    Re: Battery Corrosion

    I wouldn't lick it, but it's not going to immediately poison you, no. A lithium polymer battery (the kind used in iphones) is mostly composed of Polyethylene glycol . At worst, if ingested, it'll make you run to the bathroom. The other ingredient, Lithium, will irritate your skin, and treat your depression of not having your iPhone, but it's unlikely that you'd come in contact with it. Regardless, it can't do much in low levels.
    kimmykimmy123 likes this.
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  3. #3
    sy_co1984
    sy_co1984 is offline
    Newbie

    Cell Phone
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Posts
    4

    Re: Battery Corrosion

    It is quite possible that your phone was in a moist climate. Nothing will happen if you touch the li-ion. Ingestion is no fun though. Try to keep your next phone away from and wet spots.

    www.mobilestoreusa.com



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.