1. #1
    mohavered
    mohavered is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    4
    at & t requires you to have a existing land line service in order to quilify for wireless service ?


    See More: land line required for cell service




  2. #2
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: land line required for cell service

    No, not at all.

    AT&T Mobility and AT&T Landline are in fact the same company, but one is not required to get service with the other.

    They do offer bundling offers where if you do have both, you can receive extra promotions/discounts if you do have both.

    Quote Originally Posted by mohavered View Post
    at & t requires you to have a existing land line service in order to quilify for wireless service ?
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  3. #3
    mohavered
    mohavered is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    4

    Re: land line required for cell service

    thanks nick for the anawer, i do have another question for you or anybody reading...i used my credit card to pay a friends account many times to help out, unfornutley he passed on and i inherited a total of 4 phoned from him ( he had a family plan ) but used the phones for his buisness ( which is closed now because of his passing ) the question is can i open an account with a t & t in my name with the phones he left me or is a t & t gonna say no to me because i have a history of paying his bill....i should mention i was no way connected with his account



  4. #4
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: land line required for cell service

    I wouldn't see why not.

    Usually, GSM carriers (like AT&T) more or less activate a SIM Card which will work in one of their devices. They really don't care about the phone you're using, as long as it comes from their network.


    Quote Originally Posted by mohavered View Post
    thanks nick for the anawer, i do have another question for you or anybody reading...i used my credit card to pay a friends account many times to help out, unfornutley he passed on and i inherited a total of 4 phoned from him ( he had a family plan ) but used the phones for his buisness ( which is closed now because of his passing ) the question is can i open an account with a t & t in my name with the phones he left me or is a t & t gonna say no to me because i have a history of paying his bill....i should mention i was no way connected with his account
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  5. #5
    efparri
    efparri is offline
    Phone Maniac

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    605 - liked 95 times

    Re: land line required for cell service

    Quote Originally Posted by mohavered View Post
    thanks nick for the anawer, i do have another question for you or anybody reading...i used my credit card to pay a friends account many times to help out, unfornutley he passed on and i inherited a total of 4 phoned from him ( he had a family plan ) but used the phones for his buisness ( which is closed now because of his passing ) the question is can i open an account with a t & t in my name with the phones he left me or is a t & t gonna say no to me because i have a history of paying his bill....i should mention i was no way connected with his account
    If the lines are still under contract, a copy of the death certificate will help you to avoid Early Termination Fees for the lines you want to cancel.
    Earl F. Parrish



  6. #6
    mohavered
    mohavered is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    4

    Re: land line required for cell service

    okay i think i know what to do:
    mail a copy of my friends death cert to a t & t
    take the 4 old a t T phones he left me to an a t & t store
    they will give me a ( or sell me ? ) a sim card for the phone/phones
    i start a new account
    other question ...niether myself or my friends family cannoy pay is last bill
    what happens next ? i mean since he has passed on do they go after say his wife or even me for that matter ( since i did use my cc to pay some of his bills )



  7. #7
    efparri
    efparri is offline
    Phone Maniac

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    605 - liked 95 times

    Re: land line required for cell service

    Do you really need four phone lines for yourself? The only debts inherited are those for real property. The other debts are owed by the estate of the deceased. If the estate has no value, the debts are uncollectible.
    Earl F. Parrish



  8. #8
    mohavered
    mohavered is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    4

    Re: land line required for cell service

    thanks for reply, i have 3 friends who don't have a cell phone and for only $9.99 per extra line i thought it would be nice gift to stay in touch, the wife of the deceased kept the old sim cards for some reason i wonder if and how much the a t & t store would charge ? this all depends on contracts and start up fees etc. i may look into one of those go phones ! pre paid , i am sure in the long run one would pay a lot more per minute



  9. #9
    efparri
    efparri is offline
    Phone Maniac

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    605 - liked 95 times

    Re: land line required for cell service

    Quote Originally Posted by mohavered View Post
    thanks for reply, i have 3 friends who don't have a cell phone and for only $9.99 per extra line i thought it would be nice gift to stay in touch, the wife of the deceased kept the old sim cards for some reason i wonder if and how much the a t & t store would charge ? this all depends on contracts and start up fees etc. i may look into one of those go phones ! pre paid , i am sure in the long run one would pay a lot more per minute
    There is a $36.00 activation fee for the primary line in a FamilyTalk plan. This fee includes a new SIM card. The activation fee for each secondary line is $26.00. These fees also include the new SIM cards.

    There are no activation fees for GoPhone accounts.
    Earl F. Parrish



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.