Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Artoi
    Guest
    I have a new S/E K758c with firmwares of an overseas carrier. I would
    like to flash it to generic W800i's firmware. Anyone know where I can
    get this done here in Sydney?

    Thanks.

    --



    See More: Where to flash firmware in Sydney




  2. #2
    Warmingup
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    ....the park near Central station used to be fuill of flashers.....but I
    think they all bought PCs and webcams and wag their willys to a world wide
    audience now.


    H.T.H.




    "Artoi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:300120060947082378%[email protected]
    >I have a new S/E K758c with firmwares of an overseas carrier. I would
    > like to flash it to generic W800i's firmware. Anyone know where I can
    > get this done here in Sydney?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --






  3. #3
    Dogfart
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, at 08:12:20 [GMT +1100] (08:12:20 Tuesday, 31 January
    2006 where I live) "Warmingup" wrote:

    > ...the park near Central station used to be fuill of flashers.....but I
    > think they all bought PCs and webcams and wag their willys to a world wide
    > audience now.


    I walked through it today. The main attraction was a sad looking group of
    alcoholic aborigines drunkenly abusing each other.

    They seem to beg in the Elizabeth St entrance of Central Railway, they race
    out to buy more grog.

    And what has this to do with communications? Didn't see one mobile amongst
    them!




  4. #4
    DJ!
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:48:27 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a new S/E K758c with firmwares of an overseas carrier. I would
    >like to flash it to generic W800i's firmware. Anyone know where I can
    >get this done here in Sydney?


    Try asking in the http://www.davinciteam.com forums if you're not game
    enough to DIY (it's not that hard, BTW - just follow the
    instructions).

    DJ! - OzDJ
    [email protected]
    http://phlog.net/user/OzDJ



  5. #5
    Artoi
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    In article <[email protected]>, DJ!
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:48:27 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a new S/E K758c with firmwares of an overseas carrier. I would
    > >like to flash it to generic W800i's firmware. Anyone know where I can
    > >get this done here in Sydney?

    >
    > Try asking in the http://www.davinciteam.com forums if you're not game
    > enough to DIY (it's not that hard, BTW - just follow the
    > instructions).


    Thanks. I ended up following this route yesterday and succeeded. It was
    more straightforward than I thought. And cheaper than a reseller of
    Davinci software/account I found in Melbourne. It was only the fear of
    a failed flash that elevated the anxiety.

    --



  6. #6
    DJ!
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:50:34 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, DJ!
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:48:27 GMT, Artoi <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a new S/E K758c with firmwares of an overseas carrier. I would
    >> >like to flash it to generic W800i's firmware. Anyone know where I can
    >> >get this done here in Sydney?

    >>
    >> Try asking in the http://www.davinciteam.com forums if you're not game
    >> enough to DIY (it's not that hard, BTW - just follow the
    >> instructions).

    >
    >Thanks. I ended up following this route yesterday and succeeded. It was
    >more straightforward than I thought. And cheaper than a reseller of
    >Davinci software/account I found in Melbourne. It was only the fear of
    >a failed flash that elevated the anxiety.


    I know how you felt/feel. I used Davinci to reflash my K750i to get
    rid of the Optus branding and pick up the European software (with
    silent camera shutter in silent mode).

    Despite re-reading the instructions half a dozen times and
    triple-checking the source files, it was a VERY nervous wait during
    the update process. Incredible relief when the phone rebooted at the
    end and everything was OK :-)

    DJ! - OzDJ
    [email protected]
    http://phlog.net/user/OzDJ



  7. #7
    Sour Cashew
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    Can you do k750i to w800?





  8. #8
    Artoi
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    In article
    <[email protected]>, Sour
    Cashew <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Can you do k750i to w800?


    I believe that is the case. But you should do some research first.
    Apparently there are some things that's better on the W800 but not
    others. I also am not sure if you can safely carry out repeated fw
    flashes on the same phone.

    --



  9. #9
    DJ!
    Guest

    Re: Where to flash firmware in Sydney

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:54:55 +1100, "Sour Cashew" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Can you do k750i to w800?


    Absolutely.

    DJ! - OzDJ
    [email protected]
    http://phlog.net/user/OzDJ



  • Similar Threads