Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    James Bell
    Guest
    G9 prices not what they seem
    We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
    high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
    broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.

    But read the fine print.

    What are G9's prices?
    After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:

    rise with inflation
    rise to recover any "losses"
    rise to meet any shortfall in customers
    rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
    rise to recover increasing interest rates
    and the list goes on...

    G9 and Telstra pricing compared

    The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't even
    match today's products.

    Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
    entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.

    Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
    guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
    The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is being
    built, after that they can go much much higher.
    G9 puts the risk on consumers

    Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
    formula.

    Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.

    Why are G9 prices uncertain?
    Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
    are.
    In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
    all over their prices.
    We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
    network, and now we know their prices are a con.





    See More: G9 Pricing - A Con




  2. #2
    Russell Wood
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    On 2007-06-16, James Bell <[email protected]> wrote:

    http://www.tellthetruthtelstra.com.au/

    --
    Russell Wood <http://www.dynode.net/~rjw/>



  3. #3
    Nole Boaday
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    James Bell wrote:
    > Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years


    Enough said you gutless ****wit.



  4. #4
    Nole Boaday
    Guest

    Re: Telstra FTTN Pricing - A Con

    James Bell wrote:
    > Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years


    ..... Enough said you gutless ****wit.




  5. #5
    Alice
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    Not everybody - Bellboy can't get enough Telstra in his mouth at one time...


    Uncle Bully wrote:
    > "James Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> G9 prices not what they seem

    >
    >
    > But everyone hates Telstra so too bad.
    >
    >
    >
    >




  6. #6
    Uncle Bully
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con


    "James Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > G9 prices not what they seem



    But everyone hates Telstra so too bad.







  7. #7
    atec 77
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A wonderful alternative

    James Bell wrote:
    lies misguided comments and utter shiite deleted
    Oh look nothing worth consideration left jb
    maybe you need to help sack that wetback import instead of felating him



  8. #8
    Chops
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    James Bell wrote:
    > G9 prices not what they seem
    > We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
    > high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
    > broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.
    >
    > But read the fine print.
    >
    > What are G9's prices?
    > After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:
    >
    > rise with inflation
    > rise to recover any "losses"
    > rise to meet any shortfall in customers
    > rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
    > rise to recover increasing interest rates
    > and the list goes on...
    >
    > G9 and Telstra pricing compared
    >
    > The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't even
    > match today's products.
    >
    > Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
    > entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.
    >
    > Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
    > guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
    > The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is being
    > built, after that they can go much much higher.
    > G9 puts the risk on consumers
    >
    > Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
    > formula.
    >
    > Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.
    >
    > Why are G9 prices uncertain?
    > Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
    > are.
    > In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
    > all over their prices.
    > We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
    > network, and now we know their prices are a con.
    >
    >

    I would gladly pay more money to G9 if it meant not having to deal with
    you Testra ****S!

    Chops



  9. #9
    Chops
    Guest

    Telstra ****S!

    atec 77 > wrote:
    > James Bell wrote:
    > lies misguided comments and utter shiite deleted
    > Oh look nothing worth consideration left jb
    > maybe you need to help sack that wetback import instead of felating him


    ditto



  10. #10
    Anthony Horan
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:20:32 GMT, Bigpond News wrote:

    > You know what? I'm sick and bloody tired of this spin war between Telstra
    > and G9.


    The spin is entirely Telstra's. Their propaganda web site is pure comedy.
    It's like a half-million-dollar essay by a spoiled private-school brat
    who's had the **** kicked out of him once too often.

    Telstra is making a complete embarrassment of itself with that hilariously
    pathetic, whiny web site. It'd be pure comedy if there wasn't millions of
    dollars of shareholder money at stake.




  11. #11
    thegoons
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    Hey clown. Never heard of 'competition'? Singtel jack up their prices and
    consumers will leave. Supply and demand ****wit.


    "James Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > G9 prices not what they seem
    > We have deciphered the SingTel Optus - G9 pricing "menu" for their
    > high-speed broadband scheme for Australia. They claim wholesale high-speed
    > broadband prices will be $20 to $50 a month.
    >
    > But read the fine print.
    >
    > What are G9's prices?
    > After three years, the Singtel Optus - G9 prices will:
    >
    > rise with inflation
    > rise to recover any "losses"
    > rise to meet any shortfall in customers
    > rise to pay the cost of confiscating Telstra's network
    > rise to recover increasing interest rates
    > and the list goes on...
    >
    > G9 and Telstra pricing compared
    >
    > The G9 is offering an inferior product. Their speeds and services don't
    > even match today's products.
    >
    > Telstra's FTTN plan will provide high-speed broadband with an
    > entry-level price of $59 per month, including monthly line rental.
    >
    > Telstra's prices are locked in for 14 years. They include a 14-year price
    > guarantee, at all speeds from 512Kbps to 50Mbps.
    > The G9 prices are only locked-in for only 3 years while the network is
    > being built, after that they can go much much higher.
    > G9 puts the risk on consumers
    >
    > Basic telephone customers could be $720 million worse off under G9's
    > formula.
    >
    > Entry-level customers could be $1.3 billion worse off under G9's formula.
    >
    > Why are G9 prices uncertain?
    > Telstra can lock in its prices for 14 years because we know what our costs
    > are.
    > In contrast, G9 don't understand their costs, so have had to put asterisks
    > all over their prices.
    > We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
    > network, and now we know their prices are a con.
    >
    >




    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com




  12. #12
    Michael J
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    > We know the G9 does not have the capability to build a national FTTN
    > network, and now we know their prices are a con.


    I'm quite certain they have the capability
    >
    >






  13. #13
    Kevin Martin
    Guest

    Re: G9 Pricing - A Con

    Anthony Horan wrote:

    > The spin is entirely Telstra's. Their propaganda web site is pure comedy.
    > It's like a half-million-dollar essay by a spoiled private-school brat
    > who's had the **** kicked out of him once too often.
    >
    > Telstra is making a complete embarrassment of itself with that hilariously
    > pathetic, whiny web site. It'd be pure comedy if there wasn't millions of
    > dollars of shareholder money at stake.
    >


    The principles valid, its the web site that is crap

    Kevin Martin

    --
    To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form



  14. #14
    Dan N
    Guest

    Re: Telstra FTTN Pricing - A Con

    On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:06:49 +1000, Nole Boaday wrote:

    > .... Enough said you gutless ****wit.


    How sad that people actually emulate Rod Speed.

    Dan



  • Similar Threads

    1. RingTones
    2. For Sale/Wanted
    3. For Sale/Wanted
    4. General Cell Phone Forum