reply to discussion
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94
    I just had √erizon ナos installed... cool. I beefed up the internet speed to 20.0/5.0, and my HDtv 50' Samsung has a great picture with a ton of HD channels. It took about 6 hours to install i had a few problems with the wireless internet, but nothing to serious.

    A little hint, if anyone is running wireless with ナos and has a 2.4gz wireless telephone system, it can interfere with the signal, i went an purchased 5.8gz wireless phone. I ran a speed test on my internet, the upload and download speed are where there suppose to be, 20/5 wireless, that's good.


    See More: √erizon ナos Installed
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6




  2. #2
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,188 - liked 1151 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter Add tavenger5 on Google+

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    I have a very similar setup. My only complaint is the actiontec router. When you get multiple wireless devices going it starts to trip and a reset is needed. It's not as bad as the original router, but still annoying sometimes.

    Is the mobile setup available for you? I can program the DVR from my voyager
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  3. #3
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    i don't know about the mobile setup, i don't have the DVR recorder, and i really don't have a interest in recording anything anymore.
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6



  4. #4
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,188 - liked 1151 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter Add tavenger5 on Google+

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    Really? i don't know how I function without DVR - hah
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  5. #5
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    i know what your saying, a friend of mine lives by his DVD-R...lol, i just lost interest in recording programs.
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6



  6. #6
    BlkBear
    BlkBear is offline
    Never in the Woods!
    BlkBear's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    T-Mobile G2 with Google
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    873 - liked 39 times

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    i know what your saying, a friend of mine lives by his DVD-R...lol, i just lost interest in recording programs.
    Well I'm the same way I suppose (like your friend), due to my work schedule, the things I like to watch are on when I'm on the road or working. So that hour or two of programming I'd miss normally, I can watch on a sick day or when I have the time to watch it.

    What's the sense of having a ton of HD channels if ya can't watch the shows when their on? But in the case of folks that have their evenings off and can devote 4+ hours a night to watching TV , I suppose life without a dvr is possible.

    I have friends that won't even think about leaving their house if certain shows are on, and I personally can't live chained to the TV, I mean really, that's what dvr/vcrs and catching reruns are for!

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    I just had √erizon ナos installed... cool. I beefed up the internet speed to 20.0/5.0, and my HDtv 50' Samsung has a great picture with a ton of HD channels. It took about 6 hours to install i had a few problems with the wireless internet, but nothing to serious.
    I had Fios internet for a whole year, 20/5 .... (sniff) I miss it!

    Moved to an area that does not have it. A mile away in two directions, but not here, but their laying cable. Only had one outage, and that was when someone plowed into the main junction box for FIOS, coming into the apartment complex I lived in. Dump Truck 1, Fiber Box 0. That was a long 10 hours with a strained ankle and no internet!

    I now have Comcast internet 16/7 (or 8 i forget), and every time someone farts, the cable or the internet goes down or starts lagging, but a modem reset, normally fixes that.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 02-03-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Double post
    DA Bear



  7. #7
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    i find TV/movies to be very repetitious today, i guess if someone wants to watch " a must see " TV show movie, then a DV-R is a must. I have a friend that never misses the show " 24 " ... you can't call his house, the phone is off the hook, and he uses his DV-R to record 24 just in case his needs to go back to understand a scene...lol.

    I stop going to the movies, except to watch a movie in IMAX because of all my ナos/cable movie channels, i just wait till it hits cable, it gives me something to watch down the road, or i go to ON Demand. That's just Me.

    Plus i don't watch much of today's TV, except for HOUSE and Seinfeld, most of the shows i watch are shows to learn from like, History Channels, A&E, Discovery Channels, Military Channels, old movies on, TCM, AMC, and new release movies for cable.
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6



  8. #8
    BlkBear
    BlkBear is offline
    Never in the Woods!
    BlkBear's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    T-Mobile G2 with Google
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    873 - liked 39 times

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    i find TV/movies to be very repetitious today, i guess if someone wants to watch " a must see " TV show movie, then a DV-R is a must. I have a friend that never misses the show " 24 " ... you can't call his house, the phone is off the hook, and he uses his DV-R to record 24 just in case his needs to go back to understand a scene...lol.
    Your friend's name, it's not Jim is it? LOL Yeah I know a few Lost and 24 nuts, you had better have a leg chewed off and beating the beast that chewed it off with the other leg, it you dare call him during Lost or 24, of course if he picked up the phone, he'd scream into it... "LOST/24 IS ON CALL BACK!" *click* but... but... my leg, the monster...

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    I stop going to the movies, except to watch a movie in IMAX because of all my ナos/cable movie channels, i just wait till it hits cable, it gives me something to watch down the road, or i go to ON Demand. That's just Me.
    Yeah can't remember the last time I saw a big screen movie... oh it was free screening of Batman Retuns at IMAX. Always a screening ticket being shoved in my face, just can't go as often as I'd like. Hey I'm cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    Plus i don't watch much of today's TV, except for HOUSE and Seinfeld, most of the shows i watch are shows to learn from like, History Channels, A&E, Discovery Channels, Military Channels, old movies on, TCM, AMC, and new release movies for cable.
    House, you can always catch on a marathon on USA (heck they pretty much do that for a lot of shows these days). And you're right On Demand and endless rebroadcasts of many shows, makes a DVR for some people just another remote to learn.

    So aepple, take me to the next IMAX, I'll buy the popcorn!
    DA Bear



  9. #9
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    i usually hit the IMAX in Atlantic City and my tickets are free, i wouldn't pay the money, but i do take advantage of my comp tickets...lol. Right now i'm watching " THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL' (1951).


    Don't waste your time watching the new verson, i seen it in IMAX, and it still stunk.
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6



  10. #10
    BlkBear
    BlkBear is offline
    Never in the Woods!
    BlkBear's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    T-Mobile G2 with Google
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    873 - liked 39 times

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    Quote Originally Posted by aepple View Post
    i usually hit the IMAX in Atlantic City and my tickets are free, i wouldn't pay the money, but i do take advantage of my comp tickets...lol. Right now i'm watching " THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL' (1951).

    Don't waste your time watching the new verson, i seen it in IMAX, and it still stunk.
    Waiting for the new version to hit netflix or hollywood video, so I can use some of my free rentals.

    The 1951 version is one of my fave movies of all time. Most remakes either F the movie up with a different story line, or just make something up as they go along that sorta kinda hints at the original story, but with way too many special effect thrown in, just because they can. Example the new version of War of the Worlds. (gag)
    DA Bear



  11. #11
    aepple
    aepple is offline
    Phone Expert
    aepple's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    NYC/NJ AREA
    Posts
    1,050 - liked 107 times
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkBear View Post
    Waiting for the new version to hit netflix or hollywood video, so I can use some of my free rentals.

    The 1951 version is one of my fave movies of all time. Most remakes either F the movie up with a different story line, or just make something up as they go along that sorta kinda hints at the original story, but with way too many special effect thrown in, just because they can. Example the new version of War of the Worlds. (gag)

    DO NOT waste your time, or effort on watching the new version of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, don't even watch it IF it makes cable, thats how bad it is.
    .http://cellphoneforums.net/blogs/aepple/
    .
    thee iPhone 6



  12. #12
    RyanM
    RyanM is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    15

    Re: √erizon ナos Installed

    They said they would come to my area in 2008 but I am still waiting. Paying $50 a month with TWC just for my slow 7mpbs down and 512kbps up connection!



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.