Using iTunes to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone:
One of the most convenient ways to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android device is through iTunes syncing system. It allows one to sync the contacts with a Google account, and all you need is access to a computer with iTunes installed, and the proprietary iPhone USB connector
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your desktop via USB
- Once connected, the iPhone will appear in iTunes
- Click on the iPhone, in iTunes, to view the handset's summary page
- Mark the "Sync Contacts With" check box and from the drop-down list, select "Google Contacts"
- Enter your Google account's log in credentials if you haven't done this before. Otherwise, click "Configure" and change to a Google account that you've already added
- On your ZTE Valet, edit the Google account's settings in order to sync the contacts with your device. NOTE: if you need to add the account first, go to "Settings" > "Accounts"
Using iTunes to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone
Assuming that you've used the iCloud backup service on your iPhone before, then your contacts have most likely already been backed up onto your iCloud account. You can use this backup to transfer the contacts over to the ZTE Valet. All you need is access to a computer
- Use your desktop's Internet browser to visit https://www.icloud.com/
- Sign in with your iCloud account and click "Contacts"
- From the list of contacts, select the ones that you want to export
- Click the icon depicting a cog wheel (located in the bottom-left)
- Select "Export vCard" and allow your computer to download the resulting VCF file
- Import the VCF file to "Google Contacts"
- Alternatively, skip the step above and instead, connect your ZTE Valet to your PC via USB. Then, copy the VCF file to the "sdcard" directory, open the "Contacts" app, tap "Menu" > "Import / Export" > "Import from SD card". Next up, select an account if needed, and choose the VCF file then press "OK"
Using the "My Contacts Backup" to Transfer Your Contacts:
The "My Contacts Backup" app is available on iOS, and gives the user the option to transfer contacts from an iPhone via email. This method does not require access to a computer.
- Visit the App Store on your iPhone, and download "My Contacts Backup"
- Once the app is installed, open it and tap "Backup". Your iPhone contacts will now be compiled into a VCF file
- Tap "Email", and the VCF file will be attached to a new email
- Enter your Gmail address as the email's recipient, and send it
- Switch over to the ZTE Valet, and open the email containing the VCF file
- Download the file on your phone, and import the contacts using the "Contacts" application
Using the "Bump" Application to Transfer Your Contacts:
Last but certainly not least, you can use "Bump" to transfer your iPhone contacts over to the ZTE Valet. Bump is an iOS and Android application, and takes advantage of cloud connectivity in order to do its job. For this method, all you need is an active Internet connection on both the iPhone, and the Valet.
- Visit the App Store and download the "Bump" application on your iPhone
- On your ZTE, go to the Play Store and download the same app
- Open the application on both smartphones, and allow permissions when prompted
- On the iPhone, swipe over to the contacts section
- From the list of contacts, select the ones that you want to share
- After the message "Bump Now!" appears in the top-right corner, you can lightly bump the two devices
- If done correctly, the smartphones will connect through cloud, and a "Connect" button will appear on their screens
- Tap "Connect" and your iPhone contacts will now be transferred over to the ZTE Valet
› See More: 4 Easy Methods to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone to the ZTE Valet
Phones Discussed Above
|More ZTE Valet Black topics||Other Phone Reviews Forum||Reviews|
- Samsung Galaxy
- Sony Ericsson