HTC Car Basics:
HTC Car is an application that allows you to play music, make and handle incoming phone calls, use maps and set destinations while driving your car.
1. To access HTC Car you simply need to plug your HTC One X into a HTC Car Kit. Once you do so, the application will launch automatically.
2. Whilst on the HTC Car main screen you can swipe the screen left or right to browse between the panels.
How-To: Play Music While Using HTC Car.
1. Once your HTC One X is plugged into the HTC Car Kit, swipe the screen to the left in order to access the "Music" panel.
2. Slide the screen up. Doing so will allow you to search for music or browse music by category.
3. Tap a song, playlist or album.
How-To: Listen to Internet Radio.
1. From the main HTC Car panel, swipe the screen left to access the "Internet Radio" panel.
2. Slide the screen up and you'll be able to:
- Browse through the available stations.
- Tap the "Search" icon and type-in your search criteria.
3. Select the station you wish to listen to.
How-To: Use Navigation and Get Directions with HTC Car.
Finding Your Current Location:
1. On the HTC Car main panel, swipe the screen right to reach the "Navigational" panel.
2. To access the map tap the icon depicting a traffic light.
Searching for Points of Interest:
1. Access the "Navigational" panel.
2. Tap the "Search" icon.
3. Type in a keyword or select a predefined category.
Getting Directions with HTC Car:
1. Access the HTC Car "Navigation" panel.
2. Tap the "Search" icon to search for a place / Tap the "Calendar" icon to get direction for an event in your Calendar / Tap the icon depicting a clock to find previous searched places.
3. Select a destination.
4. Press "Start navigation" to get directions from your location to the destination.
How-To: Make Phone Calls and Handle Incoming Calls with HTC Car.
Making a Phone Call:
1. On the main HTC Car panel tap the "Phone" shortcut to access the dial pad.
2. If you wish to make a phone call from to a contact in your phonebook, swipe the screen to access the "People" panel and slide the screen up to gain access to your phonebook.
Handling Incoming Calls:
When you get a phone call while using HTC Car you can:
1. Swipe right to answer.
2. Swipe left to decline.
› See More: Use HTC Car on Your HTC One X
Phones Discussed Above
|More HTC One X topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|