On Cell Phone Forums
  1. #1
    Woozle Wuzzle
    Woozle Wuzzle is offline
    Member
    Woozle Wuzzle's Avatar

    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    69 - liked 3 times
    um ok I just tried several times to watch a video on youtube on my phone and none would work. this seems kinda dumb as it appeared to be a mobile version of youtube. anyone know what the deal is???
    oh and I have enuf memory on my phone so that's not the issue.


    See More: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?
    Woozle Wuzzle?




  2. #2
    tmoemp
    tmoemp is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    5

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    the wing is not capable of viewing the videos on the utube.. the web site used flash player for the videos,, (if i remember right) and the phone does not support it... you might try putting opera mini on the phone and see if it works,,, never tryed it but it is worth a shot let me know if it works ..



  3. #3
    Woozle Wuzzle
    Woozle Wuzzle is offline
    Member
    Woozle Wuzzle's Avatar

    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    69 - liked 3 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by tmoemp View Post
    the wing is not capable of viewing the videos on the utube.. the web site used flash player for the videos,, (if i remember right) and the phone does not support it... you might try putting opera mini on the phone and see if it works,,, never tryed it but it is worth a shot let me know if it works ..
    wow brilliant: a smart phone thats supposed to be a mini pc that cant play videos from a site thats meant to be mobile!

    GOOD JOB WING!!!
    Woozle Wuzzle?



  4. #4
    enothing
    enothing is offline
    Phone Addict
    enothing's Avatar

    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    267 - liked 7 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    lol... there are so many posts like this. There are alternatives. Im gonna give you an easy way since the wing does have wm.

    go to skyfire.com and signup for the beta testing, download it on your phone and you are done. You can watch videos there with no problem.

    Skyfire is a browser, a full html browser with flash, js integrated. the best i've seen so far. Try it.

    I love my cellys



  5. #5
    Woozle Wuzzle
    Woozle Wuzzle is offline
    Member
    Woozle Wuzzle's Avatar

    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    69 - liked 3 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    i will try that out later and thanks for the info
    Woozle Wuzzle?



  6. #6
    sevsevs
    sevsevs is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    9

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozle Wuzzle View Post
    wow brilliant: a smart phone thats supposed to be a mini pc that cant play videos from a site thats meant to be mobile!
    Your PC browser will not play flash embedded videos without having a flash player installed so why would a mobile pc be any different

    Skyfire does look like a promising all-in-one solution to this though



  7. #7
    iden364
    iden364 is offline
    Phone Maniac
    iden364's Avatar

    Location
    HEMET, CA
    Posts
    535 - liked 13 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozle Wuzzle View Post
    um ok I just tried several times to watch a video on youtube on my phone and none would work. this seems kinda dumb as it appeared to be a mobile version of youtube. anyone know what the deal is???
    oh and I have enuf memory on my phone so that's not the issue.
    Have you tried youtube.com/mobile?



  8. #8
    Woozle Wuzzle
    Woozle Wuzzle is offline
    Member
    Woozle Wuzzle's Avatar

    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    69 - liked 3 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by iden364 View Post
    Have you tried youtube.com/mobile?
    I do believe it automatically took me to the mobile version of youtube. and yet it didn't work...
    Woozle Wuzzle?



  9. #9
    KitFox
    KitFox is offline
    Member

    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    49 - liked 4 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Look at the thread below this one (When I came in): Guide: T-Mobile Wing Streaming Video
    Last edited by KitFox; 02-07-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Forgot the thread name. Corrected it.



  10. #10
    Woozle Wuzzle
    Woozle Wuzzle is offline
    Member
    Woozle Wuzzle's Avatar

    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    69 - liked 3 times

    Re: uh...does youtube not work on the Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by enothing View Post
    lol... there are so many posts like this. There are alternatives. Im gonna give you an easy way since the wing does have wm.

    go to skyfire.com and signup for the beta testing, download it on your phone and you are done. You can watch videos there with no problem.

    Skyfire is a browser, a full html browser with flash, js integrated. the best i've seen so far. Try it.
    well I went and signed up for it but I gotta wait b4 I can get it?
    Woozle Wuzzle?



  • Phones Discussed Above

    HTC Wing More HTC Wing topics HTC Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.