MacMan
    Does anyone know how to download midi files to a Motorola T720?

Thanks,
    MM

See More: Motorola T720

lavapants

try goin to the motorolla site....or u can try right from ur fone using get it now

Big Daddy

First off, I'm going to assume you are in the U.S. If not, I believe you can just surf the mobile web on your phone to get midi's.

If you are in the U.S., then yeah, BUT they way you do it depends on your carrier. If you have AT&T or any other GSM provider (I believe), you can use the mobile web, or whatever they call it, to surf to a site such as matrixm.com and download midi's.

If you have Verizon (as I do), there is a way to get them for free, but it takes more patience and time. You can get the data cable (eforcity.com, radio shack), and get a program called GAGIN. GAGIN takes time to set up and get working right, and it also takes a while to set up your phone, but it definetly is worth it! This is the only way to get free midi's on Verizon, otherwise you have to pay for each download on Get It Now. Good luck!

BD

gbt109

Yeah the one time investment in the cable is well worth it.

waterboy711

GAGIN is awesome and is quite easy to do. But it only works with XP or 2000 Pro, for those with verizon know the pains of Getting It Now.
    LAE IS THE BEST

iamed

i know they make a data cable for it can you use that
    ??

nitevsn21

cool

tate1411

what about t mobile?

aPINTofPINTO

yeah

yeah, what about tmobile T720i? GAGIN doesn't work for that.

musicman808

With T-mobile and AT&T, you need to get a copy of the Motorola PST sofware. If you get version 5.0 it is compatible with Windows XP. If you can only get a previous version, you will have to modify the Windows registry to get it to work. I have uploaded midi and gifs to my AT&T T720i and to my friend's T-Mobile phone. You will also need a program called M-Services Backup Editor (MBE.exe) which you can search the web and download.

whitegatorz

GO with PST anyways. I have a Motorola t720 and it is great this site has some directions

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/motot720/ringtone.htm

Wangstarr

i jsut got my t720 on friday and now I gotta pimp it out

albert752k2

Here you go guys, I found detailed info on how to use Motorola PST 5.0 and 6.0 on this site. Also some additional tools that help upload tones and wallpapers.

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/164179-1.html

p0id0g

i'm too cheap to get a data cable so this is what i did:

to get my midis to my phone i just created an html file with links to my midi files and upload them to my web account and then connect to the page with my wap browser. click on each link and save them to your phone.

jaguar65

unless you are getting free WAP minutes, you will probably find it cheaper to buy the cable. Plus in the UK where I am, O2 has put a download restriction on WAP so I couldn't even download 7k midis! My dad had a cable for his old timeport that conveniently (while serial) fitted my t720 perfectly and now mine is pimped out - bought a nice shiny chrome housing for it too recently, and a silver PVC case to protect it from scrapes - real classy!

• Phones Discussed Above

Motorola T720 / T721 GSM More Motorola T720 / T721 GSM topics Motorola Forum Reviews