fester99

i just tryed it out and it seems to be the problem.

See More: How To for ring tones on the t809

JOHNNYBRAVO03

just tryd that with my work number and i still get only the ringtone i made for incomeing calls n not the one for work........its probably something really simple that im not just seeing

swty4u2cnnv

Fester please help!!! ... Im trying to figure out that ringtone stuff... It would be awesome if I understood how to do it. I have a couple files on there already but it wont let me select as a ringtone. I called customer svc for help and they said that if I bought a bigger memory card I could fit a lot of songs on there. He couldnt give me too much info. tho. and I guess theres a way that you can lessen the amount of space a mp3 holds somehow I dont know if you know how to do that. I did read your directions buttt.. I got confused with your first steps on creating a new folder. I have an mp3 folder from a while ago can I use the same one? And what I did before I just dragged songs into that folder do you do the same thing in this case?

swty4u2cnnv

and..where can I get sound forge 7 from?

fester99

you have to make them .3gp files and the only reason i want you to make a new folder is to make sure you dont mess up your mp3 files. as far as sound forge you dont have to have it but can find it lots of places. you could probably just download it from somewhere but thats not probably legal.

swty4u2cnnv

Fester.. I did all those steps and it will only let me set it as an alarm tone. what did I do wrong?

fester99

again for whatever reason the files are not getting put on as .3gp files and that is the only way.

kenk2

5. Now type this in REN *.3GP *.MP3 or you can cut and paste it This will allow this file to convert all of your .mp3 file extensions to a .3gp file extension, only within the folder it is in, DO NOT FOR ANY REASON PUT THIS IN YOUR MP3 FOLDER FOR YOUR MUSIC ONLY PUT IT IN THE FOLDER FOR MAKING YOUR RING TONES so it will work on the t809.
    Hey Fester..

I noticed that when I made the .bat file, by clicking it, it didnt change the .MP3.. So I went back and actually changed it to this...

REN *.MP3 *.3GP

It worked for me.. Now when I double click the .bat it changes ANY .MP3 WITHIN that folder to a .3gp..

Hope this helps everyone..

illmatic13
    Phone Maniac

for caller ID (ringtones and pictures), you have to have the number saved to the phone and not the SIM card for the ID to work.

fester99

Quote Originally Posted by kenk2
    Hey Fester..

I noticed that when I made the .bat file, by clicking it, it didnt change the .MP3.. So I went back and actually changed it to this...

REN *.MP3 *.3GP

It worked for me.. Now when I double click the .bat it changes ANY .MP3 WITHIN that folder to a .3gp..

Hope this helps everyone..
    sorry i made a huge mistake with this it should be ren *.mp3 *.3gp i am so sorry to have messed this up this should help the problems that a few are having

Bugsy

Hi all,
    I have just joined this place. And it has been very helpfull. From unlocking my t809 to changing mp3's to 3gp's.
    but still stuck on how to set a 3gp to a "caller" ringtone?
    I have transfered the 3gp's from the memory card to my phone into "My Music" folder, then there is an option for each song to be set as a caller ringtone, but when I select a message pops up saying that 1st I have to copy to phone? Which I did in the "memory card" folder options (Move to-phone) and ended up in "my music" folder.
    Did I miss something?? Or do I need another cup of coffee....lol
    Ps: all my contacts are stored in my sim and not the phone....Maybe that why? Let me try....I just thought about it...lol If this is tha answer to this problem nevermind my issue, otherwise please help.

Bugsy

Great it worked.....Bingoooo...
    It's funny how you can set a speed dial on a sim stored contact but not a ringtone or pic!! I guess we just have to deal with double contact information thing or delete the sim contact which take out the purpose of the "GSM" thing...lol

fester99

well the reason is that all phones do not support caller ringers and pictures but the made the contact list a standard that is why you cant save a ringtone to a contact on the sim card. if you put the card in another phone 1. it wont have your ringtone and 2. it might not have caller ringers.

illmatic13
    Phone Maniac

I posted above that numbers have to be on the phone and not the SIM in order for caller ID to work. I guess nobody read it.

balla817pimp

Re: How To for ring tones on the t809

I went through everything. its just that wen i try to send the ringtone to my music folder. it says unknown file type for some reason. the only things in this folder are all my 30 sec. ringtones (.3gp) and the ms dos batch file.
    Last edited by balla817pimp; 06-02-2006 at 12:17 AM.