1. #1
    darkserpant
    darkserpant is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    9
    Hey everyone, I have a decoy and I bought an micro sd card 2gb. for it. What my main reason for the card is to store music on it so I can use my phone as a mp3 player. I put the sd card in my laptop transfered wma's to the card and put the card into my phone and now I have no idea what to do. i went into features of the phone and looked for memory card and memory card usage and it shows 0 for both. I don't know if this is where i should be. i am hoping somebody outhere is also using there decoy as a mp3 player and can help me out. thanks


    See More: Lg decoy and micro sd card




  2. #2
    migly39
    migly39 is offline
    Newbie

    Cell Phone
    LG Decoy VX8610
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    1

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    well i have an Lg decoy as well. I bought the memory card so that i could put music on it. so i put the chip onn my desktop and tried to put music on it with windows media player and media monkey and it doesent show anything on the phone memory carrd so then i went to my laptop and tried the same process with my desktop and it worked. But then you want to listen to the music you cant hear it , it just shows thats theres music on the memory card you can move it to the phone in order to listen to it but it can only fit like ten dongs



  3. #3
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    You must transfer music via a USB cable to your phone.

    Whenever you insert your memory card into your computer, it formats it for your computer...not your phone. When you place it back in your phone, it doesn't recognize the computers formatting.

    That's why you must do it via a USB cable.

    I had the same issue with my phone when it first came out and they didn't make a USB cable yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a decoy and I bought an micro sd card 2gb. for it. What my main reason for the card is to store music on it so I can use my phone as a mp3 player. I put the sd card in my laptop transfered wma's to the card and put the card into my phone and now I have no idea what to do. i went into features of the phone and looked for memory card and memory card usage and it shows 0 for both. I don't know if this is where i should be. i am hoping somebody outhere is also using there decoy as a mp3 player and can help me out. thanks
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  4. #4
    darkserpant
    darkserpant is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    9

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    I don't think I need a usb cable. i transfered music from laptop to the micro card and i inserted the card into my phone. All the music plays great. Song after song. But when i go to use my bluetooth Motorola ht820 headphones. I can only listen to one song then they shut off. Then I have to turn the back on and listen to another song then when the song it over they shut off once again. This is my problem. My phone reconizes the music just fine. The headphones is where the problem lies. Thanks for the help.



  5. #5
    scotth1116
    scotth1116 is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    Hey...

    I just bought the LG Decoy and I bought a 4 GB card at the same time so it came with the phone. I put the card into my card reader and it has folders for My Music, My Pix and My Sounds. At first I moved some of my music folders into the 'My Music' folder on the card and the phone didn't see them.

    So I moved the songs directly to the My Music folder and the phone uses the properties on the songs...genres, artist, etc. Works great but now I'm bummed out that there isn't a standard headphone jack. I thought there was.



  6. #6
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    It didn't work for my Motorola Krave ZN4...maybe it depends on the phone or computer...I'm not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post
    I don't think I need a usb cable. i transfered music from laptop to the micro card and i inserted the card into my phone. All the music plays great. Song after song. But when i go to use my bluetooth Motorola ht820 headphones. I can only listen to one song then they shut off. Then I have to turn the back on and listen to another song then when the song it over they shut off once again. This is my problem. My phone reconizes the music just fine. The headphones is where the problem lies. Thanks for the help.
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  7. #7
    jefmalc
    jefmalc is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    im also having a problem. i must have accidentally formated the sd card for the computer or something, and now when i put it back in the phone, it doesnt recognize that it is inserted. does anyone know how to format it back so the decoy recognizes it?



  8. #8
    quantum_monkey
    quantum_monkey is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    Put the card in your phone first so that your phone formats the card then put it in you comp. to add music, etc.



  9. #9
    CellPhoneTech
    CellPhoneTech is offline
    Sr. Member

    Cell Phone
    LG Revolution
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    151 - liked 16 times

    Re: Lg decoy and micro sd card

    Quote Originally Posted by darkserpant View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a decoy and I bought an micro sd card 2gb. for it. What my main reason for the card is to store music on it so I can use my phone as a mp3 player. I put the sd card in my laptop transfered wma's to the card and put the card into my phone and now I have no idea what to do. i went into features of the phone and looked for memory card and memory card usage and it shows 0 for both. I don't know if this is where i should be. i am hoping somebody outhere is also using there decoy as a mp3 player and can help me out. thanks
    I have the LG env2 and I first put songs on my sd card by inserting the sd card into my computer then using Windows Media player & synced music to it. It always showed up in the "Music" folder. I then had to move it to "My Music" folder. I also had to rename all the songs just so they would show up with titles on my phone. Then I bought a data cable. Now I just open Windows Media Player, click on "Sync", insert my data cable into the usb of the computer and then to the phone. Make sure the phone has been recognized. Drag the music you want over to the right. Click "Start Sync". It will automatically shows up in your "My Music" folder on your card. Then just go to your "My Music" on your phone and it will be there. Should play fine. I had a Motorola Krzr before this phone and it worked this way on that phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by scotth1116 View Post
    Hey...

    I just bought the LG Decoy and I bought a 4 GB card at the same time so it came with the phone. I put the card into my card reader and it has folders for My Music, My Pix and My Sounds. At first I moved some of my music folders into the 'My Music' folder on the card and the phone didn't see them.

    So I moved the songs directly to the My Music folder and the phone uses the properties on the songs...genres, artist, etc. Works great but now I'm bummed out that there isn't a standard headphone jack. I thought there was.
    Your headphone jack is probably a 2.5mm. Go to your local Verizon store and buy the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter they sell. They sell the adapter for $6.99. Then you will be able to use any headphones such as the I-Pod headphones. You can also buy an adapter off of Amazon also.
    Last edited by CellPhoneTech; 03-01-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Double post



  • Phones Discussed Above

    LG Decoy VX8610 More LG Decoy VX8610 topics LG Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.