Clear App Cache / Data:
NOTE: If one of your applications doesn’t work as intended, freezes, crashes, or takes up too much storage inexplicably, you might be able to fix these issues by clearing the app’s cache or data.
WARNING! Clearing in app’s data will result in the deletion of all personal data stored within the app, including saved games, profiles, high scores, settings, credit card and login information etc. To avoid losing this information, try solving the issues by clearing only the app’s cache.
- Drag the “Notification” bar down on the home screen
- Tap “Settings” in the upper-right corner
- Go to “General”
- Tap “Apps” and swipe to the “All” tab
- Select the desired app and tap “Clear cache”
- If necessary, tap “Clear data” > “Yes” (See WARNING above)
Wipe the Cache Partition:
NOTE: In case your phone freezes, crashes, runs out of storage inexplicably or otherwise doesn’t work as intended, you might be able to fix these problems by clearing the cache partition. This can have similar results as a factory reset, without losing any personal data stored on the device’s internal memory.
- On the home screen, swipe the “Notification” bar down
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap “General” > “Storage"
- Wait for the phone to finish calculating the data and tap “Cached data”
- Tap “Yes” to confirm
- Wait for the phone to clear the cache. Once done, you should see a much lower amount of data under “Cached data” (if at all)
NOTE: In case clearing the cache partition didn’t solve the issues, you can visit this thread for a full guide on how to factory reset the LG X Cam.
Reboot Into Safe Mode and Remove an App:
NOTE: If one of your installed third party applications causes issues on your phone and prevents you from removing it, you should be able to uninstall it from within Safe Mode. In safe mode, all third party applications are disabled by default. To restart the LG X Cam into Safe Mode:
- First, wake up the screen if necessary
- On the home screen, press and hold “Power”
- In the power options pop-up, tap and hold “Power off”
- At the “Restart in Safe Mode” prompt, tap “OK” to confirm
- Want for the phone to restart. Once it does, you should see a “Safe Mode” watermark in the lower-left corner of the screen
- To remove an application, first go to “Settings”
- Tap “General”
- Go to “Apps” and swipe to “Downloaded”
- Select the desired app
- Tap “Uninstall” > “OK”
- To exit safe mode, press and hold “Power” and tap “Power off and restart”
› See More: LG X Cam: Clear App Cache / Data; Wipe Cache Partition; Reboot to Safe Mode
- Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Galaxy