Clear App Cache / Data:
NOTE: In case one of your applications crashes, freezes or otherwise doesn’t work as intended, you can try fixing these problems by clearing the app’s cache and / or data.
WARNING! By clearing an app’s data, all personal data stored within the app will be lost, including settings, save files, credit card and login information, high scores, profiles etc. To avoid losing personal data, clear ONLY the application’s cache.
- Open the “Settings” menu
- If necessary, access the “General” tab
- Tap “Apps” and swipe to “All”
- Select the desired application and tap “Clear cache”
- If needed, tap “Clear data” > “Yes” (Read WARNING Above)
Wipe the Cache Partition:
NOTE: In case your phone freezes, crashes, runs out of storage inexplicably etc. and you’re considering factory resetting the device to solve the issues, you can try wiping the cache partition instead. This can yield similar results to a master reset, without losing any personal data. To wipe the cache partition:
- Launch “Settings"
- Access the “General” tab if necessary
- Tap “Storage”
- Wait for the device to calculate the data
- Once done, tap “Cached data” > “Yes”
- Wait for the cache partition to be cleared, and review the amount of cached data
NOTE: If clearing the cache didn’t fix the problems, you can visit this thread for instructions on how to factory reset the LG V20.
Reboot to Safe Mode and Remove an App:
NOTE: In case you have installed a third party app that causes issues and prevents you from uninstalling it, you should be able to remove the app from within Safe Mode. In this mode, all third party apps are disabled by default.
- While viewing the home screen, press and hold “Power”
- From the pop-up menu, press and hold the “Power off” option
- When prompted to reboot in “Safe Mode”, tap “OK”
- Wait for the phone to restart, and once done, you should see a “Safe Mode” watermark in the lower-left corner of the screen
- To remove an application, first go to “Settings”
- Then, access “General” and tap “Apps”
- Access “All” apps and select the desired application
- Tap “Uninstall” > “OK” to confirm
- To exit Safe Mode, simply press and hold “Power” and then tap “Power off and restart”
› See More: LG V20: Clear App Cache / Data; Wipe the Cache Partition; Reboot to Safe Mode
- Samsung Galaxy
- Sony Ericsson