WARNING! When you factory reset your device, all data located on the phone’s internal memory will be deleted, including applications, media files and ringtones, contacts, downloaded content etc. Furthermore, all settings will be restored to factory values.
NOTE: Data located on the SD and SIM cards will not be affected. For instructions on how to back up data, visit this thread. For a guide on how to restore data, visit this thread.
Factory Reset via Settings:
- Launch “Settings”
- Go to the “General” tab if necessary
- Tap “Backup & reset”
- Optionally, clear or tick the boxes associated with “Automatic restore” and “Back up my data”
- Next, tap “Backup account” and, if necessary, sign in with your Google account
- Tap “Factory data reset”
- When prompted, select whether to “Erase SD Card” too
- When ready, tap “Reset Phone” > “Next”
- Tap “Delete all” > “OK”
Factory Reset via Recovery:
NOTE: If your phone freezes, crashes, or doesn’t allow you to reset the phone via settings, alternatively you can reset the phone from the Android System Recovery menu, which can be accessed by performing a combination of button presses.
- First, make sure the phone is powered off
- Then, press and hold “Power” and “Volume down” at the same time
- At the “LG” logo, quickly release and re-hold “Power”
- At the “Factory data reset” screen, release all buttons
- Press “Volume down” to highlight “Yes” and press “Power” to select the highlighted option
- When prompted with “Erase all user data and restore default settings”, press “Volume down” to highlight “Yes”
- Press “Power” to confirm
Check for Software Updates:
NOTE: Once you have reset your phone, it’s recommended to check if new OS updates are available for download.
- Launch “Settings”
- If necessary, access the “General” tab
- Scroll to and tap “About phone”
- Go to “System info”
- Check if a new update is available, and if applicable, follow the on-screen prompts to download and apply available updates
› See More: LG K8 (2017): Factory Reset via Settings/Recovery; Check for OS Updates