Clear App Cache/Data:
NOTE: If one of your applications doesn’t work as intended, it freezes, crashes, or takes up too much storage inexplicably, you can try fixing these issues by clearing the app’s cache/data.
WARNING! When you clear an app’s data, all your personal information stored within the app will be deleted. This includes login and credit card information, save files, user profiles, settings etc. To avoid losing personal app data, clear ONLY the app’s cache.
- Launch “Settings”
- Go to the “General” tab
- Access “Apps” and go to “All”
- Select the desired application and tap “Clear cache”
- If clearing the app’s cache didn’t help, you can try clearing the data. Tap “Clear data” > “Yes” (check WARNING above)
Clear the Phone’s Cache Partition:
NOTE: If your phone freezes, crashes, or runs out of storage inexplicably and you’re considering factory resetting the phone, you can try clearing the phone’s cache partition instead. This can have similar results to a factory reset, without losing any of your personal information stored on the phone’s internal memory.
- Open “Settings”
- Access “General”
- Tap “Storage”
- Once the phone finishes calculating data, tap “Cached data” > “Yes”
NOTE: If wiping the cache partition didn’t solve the issues, you can check this thread for a guide on how to factory reset the phone.
Reboot to Safe Mode and Uninstall an App:
NOTE: If you have installed a third party app that causes problems and prevents you from uninstalling it, you should be able to remove the app from within Safe Mode. In this mode, all third party apps are disabled.
- Press and hold “Power” while viewing the home screen
- From the pop-up, tap and hold “Power off”
- At the “Restart in Safe Mode” prompt, tap “OK”
- Once the phone restarts, a “Safe Mode” watermark should be visible in the lower-left corner of the screen
- Open “Settings” and access the “General” tab
- Tap “Apps” and access “Downloaded”
- Select the desired app and tap “Uninstall” > “OK”
- Once you have removed the app, you can exit Safe Mode by rebooting your phone as you would do normally
› See More: LG K8 (2017): Clear App Data/Cache; Wipe Cache Partition; Reboot to Safe Mode