On Cell Phone Forums
reply to discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21
    Hi I'm Disco_Techno and I'm new here I like researching phones and technology and just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S III I currently have a thunderbolt I should get it soon and I'll let u know how I like it after I've had it for a while


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


    See More: I'm new here just ordered new phone




  2. #2
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,181 - liked 1148 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter Add tavenger5 on Google+

    Re: I'm new here just ordered new phone

    cool, let us know how you like it
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  3. #3
    avenue
    avenue is offline
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    1,015 - liked 45 times

    Re: I'm new here just ordered new phone

    That's great! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your new phone.



  4. #4
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21

    I got my phone two days ago and like it well, it has a big screen to put lots of apps, I seem to be able to type faster on it, it also has a nice sharp and clear screen, I enjoy S-Voice and it works well for calling people and asking about the weather but not texting unless u are typing something simple like I love you ; mostly it is a novelty but a fun novelty nonetheless ; the S-Voice launches by saying a wake up command or double tapping the physical home button and then u have a touch button u push and then say the command or double tap the home button again, and things seem to load really fast, it also has good voice quality, I have only a few complaints ; the worst part is the menu's and operating system which I wrote about in the Google Android how to section, the other thing is that it feels too thin but that's easy to get used to or change by getting a bigger case, other then that I am overall satisfied with the phone I give it an 8.0 out of 10 which could easily become a 10 with a software update and different case, I hope you enjoyed my review I will let u know if I discover anything else worth mentioning about the S3 later :-)



  5. #5
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21

    It is a blue 32



  6. #6
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21

    I fixed the is problem it wasn't the os it was the Launcher, I got apex launcher for free :-)
    Last edited by Disco_Techno; 08-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.



  7. #7
    avenue
    avenue is offline
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    1,015 - liked 45 times

    Re: I'm new here just ordered new phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Techno View Post
    I got my phone two days ago and like it well, it has a big screen to put lots of apps, I seem to be able to type faster on it, it also has a nice sharp and clear screen, I enjoy S-Voice and it works well for calling people and asking about the weather but not texting unless u are typing something simple like I love you ; mostly it is a novelty but a fun novelty nonetheless ; the S-Voice launches by saying a wake up command or double tapping the physical home button and then u have a touch button u push and then say the command or double tap the home button again, and things seem to load really fast, it also has good voice quality, I have only a few complaints ; the worst part is the menu's and operating system which I wrote about in the Google Android how to section, the other thing is that it feels too thin but that's easy to get used to or change by getting a bigger case, other then that I am overall satisfied with the phone I give it an 8.0 out of 10 which could easily become a 10 with a software update and different case, I hope you enjoyed my review I will let u know if I discover anything else worth mentioning about the S3 later :-)
    Great review!

    From what you've said, it seems like it's a decent phone. I really like a phone with a clear screen, so it's nice to know the Samsung Galaxy S III has a good screen.

    Thanks for posting!

    Is there anything else you've noticed about the phone during the past couple days? Have you downloaded any applications for it yet? If so, which ones? How does the phone perform when using the applications?



  8. #8
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Great review!

    From what you've said, it seems like it's a decent phone. I really like a phone with a clear screen, so it's nice to know the Samsung Galaxy S III has a good screen.

    Thanks for posting!

    Is there anything else you've noticed about the phone during the past couple days? Have you downloaded any applications for it yet? If so, which ones? How does the phone perform when using the applications?
    I use mostly Tapatalk and Facebook, I also downloaded Super Keyboard meaning to download smart keyboard but I seem to like super better, I also got some battery/performance Optimizers, it seems that the screen gets dirty easily, and another thing I noticed is that the power button is on the right instead of the top but I got used to that.



  9. #9
    avenue
    avenue is offline
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    1,015 - liked 45 times

    Re: I'm new here just ordered new phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Techno View Post
    I use mostly Tapatalk and Facebook, I also downloaded Super Keyboard meaning to download smart keyboard but I seem to like super better, I also got some battery/performance Optimizers, it seems that the screen gets dirty easily, and another thing I noticed is that the power button is on the right instead of the top but I got used to that.
    It has been recommended that those with Android don't use task mangers. I know you mentioned a battery optimizer and I'm not sure if that is a task manager or if it just handles things such as WiFi and the display brightness.

    I just had the opposite experience with the power button. I had a phone where it was on right, and now my new phone has it on the top. It doesn't bother me though.

    I'm glad you're enjoying your phone. Please keep us updated.



  10. #10
    Disco_Techno
    Disco_Techno is offline
    Junior Member

    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It has been recommended that those with Android don't use task mangers. I know you mentioned a battery optimizer and I'm not sure if that is a task manager or if it just handles things such as WiFi and the display brightness.

    I just had the opposite experience with the power button. I had a phone where it was on right, and now my new phone has it on the top. It doesn't bother me though.

    I'm glad you're enjoying your phone. Please keep us updated.
    I used it was a battery saver, now I use NQ mobile optimizer and NQ mobile security, I have advanced task killer now and that setup works well, and now I think I like my power button better than my last phone .



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.