1. #1
    mikeybada
    mikeybada is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    2
    i bought my jal from a cell carrier and the damn thing dont work.first i cudnt figure out how ta set it up,then i get it all good and the friggin usb wire stopps workin. then when i try te open it now,it says my trial ia expired. duz any1 kno anutha program,thats reliable and a lil easier? p.s. any 1 witta i860 for boost,im interested in buyin


    See More: my jal sux




  2. #2
    downazzmexic
    downazzmexic is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybada
    i bought my jal from a cell carrier and the damn thing dont work.first i cudnt figure out how ta set it up,then i get it all good and the friggin usb wire stopps workin. then when i try te open it now,it says my trial ia expired. duz any1 kno anutha program,thats reliable and a lil easier? p.s. any 1 witta i860 for boost,im interested in buyin
    HEY HOMMIE E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL GIVE YOU A PATCH FOR MYJAL SO IT WON'T EXPIRE



  3. #3
    1badss
    1badss is offline
    Phone Addict

    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    456 - liked 3 times

    You are right myjal does sux, use the original produced by motorola. you want webjal
    www.teknidude.com/wap/webjal.html



  4. #4
    downazzmexic
    downazzmexic is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    Myjal Does Not Suck It's Way Better Than Webjal (in My Opinion)



  5. #5
    1badss
    1badss is offline
    Phone Addict

    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    456 - liked 3 times

    that is your opinion and it is fine until it jacks up your phone like it is very known to do. I would not trust it, it is well know to cause serious problems with phones. Plus webjal is free and the one produced by motorola, that is the one I trust.



  6. #6
    downazzmexic
    downazzmexic is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    well i never had any problems with it plus i've been using it for 7 months already and also i got it for free too



  7. #7
    smegma1
    smegma1 is offline
    Member

    Posts
    35

    myjal

    I have used it for months on many different phones with no problems, plus I'm not hacking someone elses copywrited software by using it. You know, phones just crap out and to blame myjal hasn't really been verified.



  8. #8
    1badss
    1badss is offline
    Phone Addict

    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    456 - liked 3 times

    Quote Originally Posted by smegma1
    I have used it for months on many different phones with no problems, plus I'm not hacking someone elses copywrited software by using it. You know, phones just crap out and to blame myjal hasn't really been verified.
    Actually it has been verified and myjal is just a hacked version of webjal, it is not a program that was created from scratch, it is just someone hacking webjal and selling it for a profit.



  9. #9
    smegma1
    smegma1 is offline
    Member

    Posts
    35

    Not to me

    Quote Originally Posted by 1badss
    Actually it has been verified and myjal is just a hacked version of webjal, it is not a program that was created from scratch, it is just someone hacking webjal and selling it for a profit.
    It hasn't been proven to me it's illegal software. It works great, I have a receipt for buying it and I feel fine about it.

    On the other hand, I do have Depot 9 from another Elite site, where if you even ask about the program Depot, they come down on you pretty hard, threaten to ban you, and then email you afterwards and offer to sell it to you for $65. So, I'm not all good.



  10. #10
    lakeoffire
    lakeoffire is offline
    Member
    lakeoffire's Avatar

    Location
    HELL!!
    Posts
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by smegma1
    It hasn't been proven to me it's illegal software. It works great, I have a receipt for buying it and I feel fine about it.

    On the other hand, I do have Depot 9 from another Elite site, where if you even ask about the program Depot, they come down on you pretty hard, threaten to ban you, and then email you afterwards and offer to sell it to you for $65. So, I'm not all good.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    That is funny ****!!! Depot 9 for $65 that is so old it is not even funny. I have versions 9 through 12 along with Lab. If a person looks hard enough you can get depot for 20-30. And it will be a new version not a antique! That was the funniest thing I have read all week though. Thanks!

    You have a reciept for a hacked program thats funny to. All MyJal is, is a hacked version of Motorola's WebJal. Someone made the program so they could lock it and sell it to people like you. Therefore making money of Motorola's program.
    Last edited by lakeoffire; 04-22-2005 at 10:11 AM.



  11. #11
    opmeteor419
    opmeteor419 is offline
    Phone Addict
    opmeteor419's Avatar

    Location
    NY
    Posts
    297 - liked 3 times

    i still dont understand why people make others pay for depot, why not just give it out for free?



  12. #12
    lakeoffire
    lakeoffire is offline
    Member
    lakeoffire's Avatar

    Location
    HELL!!
    Posts
    43

    Because most people use it to run sites. They can then have a subscribers thread where people can post their codeplugs and have them modded. It helps boost subscriptions which helps recoup the costs of running an expensize site for free. If everyone had it then there would be no reason to subscribe, then people would just bounce from site to site taking all the free info they can get, then you would watch iden related forums closing. Simple because people don't want to donate a couple dollars for the cost of keeping the site online. So if you keep the program under wraps and make it hard to obtain it helps the iden community stay online.



  13. #13
    smegma1
    smegma1 is offline
    Member

    Posts
    35

    It's also an instant gratification thing.

    This stuff was so interesting to me I wanted to try it right now. Not spend hours searching. And your right, it's not posted easily to just go and buy it. Some of the people running these sites are dishonest, others just want to gloat and make fun of someone else online to make themselves fell better.

    I make good money and paying $65 was cheaper to me that wasting another hour looking for it somewhere else.



  14. #14
    lakeoffire
    lakeoffire is offline
    Member
    lakeoffire's Avatar

    Location
    HELL!!
    Posts
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by smegma1
    This stuff was so interesting to me I wanted to try it right now. Not spend hours searching. And your right, it's not posted easily to just go and buy it. Some of the people running these sites are dishonest, others just want to gloat and make fun of someone else online to make themselves fell better.

    I make good money and paying $65 was cheaper to me that wasting another hour looking for it somewhere else.
    New versions are readily available for a merer 20-30 depending who you find. Rather then paying $65.00 for an old version. I agree this stuff is extremely interesting. I can assure you that I don't qualify for either catagory you have mentioned. My site is about the most honest site out there. Take for example our membership. Most iden forums are 20 per year. Ours is 10 for 2 years. So if we were dishonest we would definetly charge at least as much as all the other iden forums! All we are looking for is to try to ease te pain of the site cost, which is still mostly out of pocket. We have lots of free items for regular members and offer many benefits to our subscribers. As far as making fun of others in order to make myself feel better. I have yet to do so, I can not however help the fact that I do have a sense of humor and find things funny. If you are offended by my sense of humor, I offer you now my apology. If I wanted to make myself feel better by disin people online, I would not be here answering questions and offering my help. I also would not be who I am on the other sites I am apart of, I have an open offer of help to all that does not stop. My AIM does not stay quite long enough for me to type this reply. Questions don't stop coming. So if that was my goal as you suggest then I would not be wasting my time helping people learn about their phones and making them their own. I would be to busy making fun of them.



  15. #15
    eb3333us
    eb3333us is offline
    Newbie
    eb3333us's Avatar

    Posts
    1

    confused

    i dont understand why people think that myjal is a hacked version of webjal.....i haven't seen any information online about this.....did someone just say that and make it true?...if it is hacked dont u think the functionality of the program would not be messed with...because they know it came from nextel...??....decomplied programs can also be rewritten(from scratch) and not just slapped back together to make something usable.....i have used myjal on numerous phones....more models than i have time to mention...no problems....but in fact have had problems with webjal and the usb connection with xp systems...they both run fine with the phones...its just gettin it to work first....if they are both the same source code (myjal is a hacked version) then i think they are the same(exactly)....functionality wise...dont you think?....



  • Similar Threads

    1. Nextel
    2. alt.cellular.nextel
    3. Nextel
    4. Computers
    5. Computers






  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.