- While on the Start screen, tap the "People" tile
- Tap the "+" icon to create a new contact. If prompted, select the desired account
- Tap the "+" icon associated with the fields that you wish to edit (such as email etc.) and enter these details as you see fit
- When ready, press the "Save" icon to add the contact to your contacts list
Viewing, Editing and / or Deleting Contacts:
- From the Start screen, tap the "People" tile
- Scroll to and tap the desired contact in order to view detailed information about it
- To edit the contact, tap the "Edit" icon depicted as a pencil
- To delete a contact, press the "menu" icon (three horizontal dots) and then select "Delete"
Linking Duplicate Contacts:
- While viewing the Start screen, press the "People" tile
- Swipe to and then tap the desired contact
- Press the "link" icon. Note: if you wish to unlink contacts, press the "link" icon associated with the desired contact and then select "Unlink"
- After pressing "link", a list of suggested links will appear. Select a contact or alternatively, tap "Choose a contact" and select a different contact manually
- Once complete, press the "Back" key to return to the contact list
Copying Contacts from Another Phone to Your Lumia 1020:
- Open your internet browser on your PC and go to www.att.com/copycontacts
- Select the device to copy contacts from
- Select the device to copy contacts to
- Choose a transfer method
- Follow the instructions provided by the "Copy Contacts Wizard"
Copying Contacts To and From the SIM Card With the Lumia 1020:
- While viewing the Start screen, touch the "People" tile
- Tap "Settings"
- Select "Import SIM contacts"
- Mark the checkboxes associated with the contacts that you wish to copy
- Tap "Import". Note: after the contacts have been imported, the "Last import" date will be displayed
Assigning a Custom Ringtone and Profile Picture to a Contact:
- While viewing the Start screen, tap "People"
- Select the desired contact
- Tap the "Edit" icon depicted as a pencil
- To add a photo:
- Tap "Add photo"
- Select the desired image collection or alternatively, press the "Camera" icon to capture a new photo
- Tap the desired picture
- Crop the image as you see fit, and tap "Done" when ready
- To assign a custom ringtone:
- Tap "Ringtone"
- Navigate to and select the desired ringtone. (Tip: tap the "Play" icon to preview the ringtone)
- To add a photo:
- Press the "Back" button to return to the contact information screen. The changes will be saved automatically
Creating, Editing or Deleting Contact Groups:
- Press the "People" tile while on the home screen
- Swipe to "together"
- Press the "+" icon and select "Group"
- Enter a name for the group and then press "Save"
- Tap "+" if you wish to add a contact
- Press "done" (the checkmark icon) to save the changes
- To add a new group contact:
- Tap the group
- Tap the "group" icon and then tap "+" and add a contact
- To remove a contact from a group:
- Tap the group and press the "group" icon.
- Select the contact that you wish to remove and then tap "remove from group"
- To Rename a group:
- Select the group
- Tap the "menu" icon depicting three horizontal dots
- Tap "rename" and type-in the new name for the group
- To delete a contact group:
- Tap the group
- Tap the "menu" icon
- Select "Delete"
Sharing a Contact via "tap+send" (NFC):
- To enable "tap+send", swipe left on the start screen
- Tap "Settings" > "tap+send"
- Bring the switch associated with "NFC sharing" to the "On" position
- On the Start screen, press the "People" tile
- Swipe to "all"
- Select the desired contact, then press the "menu" icon (3 horizontal dots) > "share contact" > "+" and then press "Tap+Send"
- Touch your phone with the one that you wish to share your contact with. Note: the other phone must support NFC as well
Saving a Number From a Received Call:
- After ending the phone call, tap the "Phone" tile on the Start screen
- Tap the desired phone number in the "call history" list, and then press the "Save" icon
- Press the "+" icon and then edit the phone number type, then press "Save" when ready
- Edit other contact details such as the contact's name etc. then press "Save"
Saving a Number From a Received Message:
- Tap the "Messaging" tile
- Select a conversation from the conversation list
- Tap the desired phone number located at the top of the conversation screen, then press "Save"
- Tap "+" and then edit the phone number / phone number type, then tap "Save"
- Edit the contact details as you desire, and once again press "Save"
› See More: Nokia Lumia 1020: Manage Contacts – Add, Link, Edit, Delete, Share, Transfer and More
- Nokia Lumia