On Cell Phone Forums
answer this question

Like Tree7Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,884 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    It has both a world model and a domestic model.

    World models have SIM Cards and can work around the world.

    Domestic models are limited to only 40 countries and do not have SIMs.

    It depends on which 8330 you get.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bionut1192 View Post
    The exact model is the BB Curve 8330. Sorry if I'm being an annoyance, I'm just a bit slow at this sadly haha.



    See More: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?
    Bionut1192 likes this.
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did





  2. #12
    cellphonesgb
    cellphonesgb is offline
    Phone Addict
    cellphonesgb's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    BlackBerry Curve-8310 Red
    Carrier
    Einstein
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    313 - liked 132 times

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    The post from Nick above is correct.

    But, maybe this will help clear this up. If you walk into Sprint tomorrow, and ask for a BB Curve 8330, 99.9999% of the time, you are going to get a non world, non sim phone.

    World phones usually have to be ordered, most stores don't stock them. To high of cost, and little interest for a World Phone from the average consumer.

    So, hopefully this will close this topic. If you go to Sprint and get a BB, you are getting a non world, non sim BB.
    If you want a SIM, then AT&T, T-Mobile, Bell Mobility, etc is where you want to go.
    Bionut1192 likes this.
    TheCellPhoneGuy



  3. #13
    Bionut1192
    Bionut1192 is offline
    Junior Member
    Bionut1192's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Instinct M800 Black
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    Thanks for all the help, I get it now. I might try and find a world version somewhere online. I want to get a messaging plan since i know i wouldn't be using the internet on it anyways.

    You guys know of any good websites where I can get one [unlocked or locked] that will work with a sprint SIM card. If i have to i'll just unlock it myself. I know the general idea about how to do so.
    Last edited by Bionut1192; 09-08-2009 at 03:16 PM.



  4. #14
    cellphonesgb
    cellphonesgb is offline
    Phone Addict
    cellphonesgb's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    BlackBerry Curve-8310 Red
    Carrier
    Einstein
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    313 - liked 132 times

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionut1192 View Post
    Thanks for all the help, I get it now. I might try and find a world version somewhere online. I want to get a messaging plan since i know i wouldn't be using the internet on it anyways.

    You guys know of any good websites where I can get one [unlocked or locked] that will work with a sprint SIM card. If i have to i'll just unlock it myself. I know the general idea about how to do so.
    It's not going to do you any good. Sprint knows what phones are BB by their ESN, the second you try to activate it, whether sim or cdma, they are going to see it's a BB and charge you for BIS.
    You can try it if you want, but what you are trying to do and what Sprint does, world phone or not, sim locked or unlocked, you're going to get nailed for BIS with Sprint.
    I would just either get away from Sprint, or just drop the idea of trying to use the world phone or BB.
    It's not going to be worth the trouble, just to get a QWERTY keyboard.
    nicknrm likes this.
    TheCellPhoneGuy



  5. #15
    Bionut1192
    Bionut1192 is offline
    Junior Member
    Bionut1192's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Instinct M800 Black
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonesgb View Post
    It's not going to do you any good. Sprint knows what phones are BB by their ESN, the second you try to activate it, whether sim or cdma, they are going to see it's a BB and charge you for BIS.
    You can try it if you want, but what you are trying to do and what Sprint does, world phone or not, sim locked or unlocked, you're going to get nailed for BIS with Sprint.
    I would just either get away from Sprint, or just drop the idea of trying to use the world phone or BB.
    It's not going to be worth the trouble, just to get a QWERTY keyboard.

    Yes, that is true, but If i swap SIMs and don't even bother regestering the phone with sprint, they won't know its a blackberry, is that a correct assumption?
    Last edited by Bionut1192; 09-09-2009 at 07:51 PM.



  6. #16
    BigJames523
    BigJames523 is offline
    Moderator
    BigJames523's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone-16GB
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    292 - liked 94 times
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    Hey buddy, you need to make sure your reading the replies, Sprint does not have phones that use Sim cards. Nextel's use sim cards, but you can't use a Sprint phone with Nextel, or the other way around. You can not just get a BB from Ebay, buy a phone from Sprint, and take out a sim card, because There is no sim card! I am not trying to be rude, but there are no sim cards in Sprint phones, unless your willing to pay lots of money. You can buy a BB and call to get your BB activated under Sprint service, but they will know its a BB and charge you. There is no sim card, period end of story.

    Have a good day!!
    Bionut1192 likes this.
    The Bigg Guy



  7. #17
    Bionut1192
    Bionut1192 is offline
    Junior Member
    Bionut1192's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Instinct M800 Black
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames523 View Post
    Hey buddy, you need to make sure your reading the replies, Sprint does not have phones that use Sim cards. Nextel's use sim cards, but you can't use a Sprint phone with Nextel, or the other way around. You can not just get a BB from Ebay, buy a phone from Sprint, and take out a sim card, because There is no sim card! I am not trying to be rude, but there are no sim cards in Sprint phones, unless your willing to pay lots of money. You can buy a BB and call to get your BB activated under Sprint service, but they will know its a BB and charge you. There is no sim card, period end of story.

    Have a good day!!
    Oh wow, lol I feel really stupid. I wish someone would have just said "only nextels have SIM cards" sooner. Oh well, I'll just find another phone then, or a different provider. Thanks a million man, I can honestly say that this was my ONLY useful reply. You cleared everything up for me

    Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Bionut1192; 09-09-2009 at 08:42 PM.



  8. #18
    cellphonesgb
    cellphonesgb is offline
    Phone Addict
    cellphonesgb's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    BlackBerry Curve-8310 Red
    Carrier
    Einstein
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    313 - liked 132 times

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    BigJames523
    Hey, you are right, but the conversation switched gears a bit, and the conversation is about a World Edition Black Berry.
    Bionut1192
    I'm going to end my responses on this Thread after this one. The simple answer to a lot of back and forth, and I'm sorry to say this, won't work!
    The World Phone will default to Sprint/CDMA when in it's home area, mainly the United States.
    As for the SIM, If you do activate the World Phone, the Black Berry will not have the same phone number as your Sprint Phone, because the SIM is going to be from a different carrier. Different carrier, different number. If you port your number from Sprint, then your Sprint service is terminated.
    So that's a no go.

    And if you are interested in a World Phone, which are usually a ton $$$ more than a regular BB, then by getting a standard BB, with the money you save not buying the World Phone, you would then be able to pay for the internet plan.

    It's your money, it's your contract, I'm just trying to help. I understand exactly what you are trying to do, but it's like trying to run a gasoline car on diesel. It just won't work. You will be stuck with a World Phone that won't be any use to you.
    Best of luck
    nicknrm likes this.
    TheCellPhoneGuy



  9. #19
    Bionut1192
    Bionut1192 is offline
    Junior Member
    Bionut1192's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Instinct M800 Black
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    15

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    CellphonesGb, thanks. for the help (:




  10. #20
    louisclemons
    louisclemons is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    21 - liked 1 times

    Re: SIM Card in BlackBerry phones?

    I heard some have dual sim
    nicknrm likes this.



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.