You can connect your Samsung Rugby Smart phone to a PC using an optional PC data cable using various USB connection modes. When you connect the device to a PC, you can synchronize files with Windows Media Player, transfer data to and from your device directly, or use the Kies air application to access your PC wirelessly.
Connecting As A Mass Storage Device
You can connect your device to a PC as a removable disk and access the file directory. If you insert a memory card in the device, you can also access the files directory from the memory card by using the device as a memory card reader. Start by:
1. Insert a memory card into the device to transfer files from or to the memory card to your PC.
2. From the Home screen, tap 'Settings > Wireless and network > USB utilities'.
3. On your phone, tap 'Connect storage to PC'.
4. Connect a USB cable from your phone to your PC.
5. A pop-up window displays on the PC when connected. Tap ''Connect USB storage'. Your phone will appear on your PC as a removable disk.
6. Open the folder to view files.
7. Copy files between your PC and your memory card.
8. To exit, tap 'Disconnect storage from PC'.
Kies Air allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with your phone provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi network. You can view and share call logs, videos, photos, music, bookmarks, ringtones, and even send SMS messages from your PC. To use the Kies air, follow these steps:
1. Sign onto the same Wi-Fi network from your phone and from your PC.
2. On your phone, from the Home screen, tap the Kies Air icon.
3. From the Kies Air homescreen, tap 'Start'. A web URL is displayed on your phone screen.
4. From your PC, enter the URL in your web browser.
5. On your phone, an Access Request prompt is displayed. Tap 'Allow' to continue.
6. Tap the 'Remember for today' checkbox if you will be using Kies Air with the same PC later.
7. From your PC, a security warning may be displayed asking if you want to run this application. Click 'Run' to continue.
8. On your PC, the Kies Air screen is displayed. On your phone, the icon appears at the top of your screen.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to view and share information between your phone and PC.
10. To exit the Kies Air application, tap 'Stop' on your phone, then close out the web browser on your PC.
› See More: PC Connection Options for the Samsung Rugby Smart
- 03-16-2012, 03:26 AM #2Sr. Member
- 184 - liked 6 times
- Blog Entries
Re: PC Connection Options for the Samsung Rugby Smart
Thanks for contributing your information through this thread.
Phones Discussed Above
|More Samsung Rugby Smart topics||Samsung Forum||Reviews|