xiii13

Got the sanyo 7400 yesterday... I just have few questions...

Where can I get nice sounding ringtones (it think it uses mp4/aac ringtones)... all the voice tones sound horrible... or beter yet does anyone know of some software to create my own? I used to use voicetones studio but again the voicetones sound like crap compaired to the real music ringtones this thing plays.

I used my old sanyo 8100 to go online with the data cable and my laptop, any word on any software supporting that yet for the 7400 since I can not find anyhting, and should my sanyo 8100 data cable work with the 7400 (it fits)?

Anyone know how many pixel's by how many pixel's this phone is so I can dl the proper size wallpapers?

Any help on these subjects would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

See More: Sanyo 7400 few questions

MsRandall
    Phone Addict

wallpaper 176x220

Phone uses acc which sound better than regular qcp files...Sign up for ddn.com for 2 dollars a month or follow these directions to make your own

Compatible Phones
    AAC ringers only work on these phones, no other model.

Samsung MM700
    Sanyo MM7400

I am going to list 2 ways to create AAC ringers, depending on what software you have installed on your machine.

Option 1
    If you have Quicktime Pro installed, you can make them very easily. All you need are 2 programs, Quicktime Pro, and Mp3Trim. You can download mp3Trim from www.desistylz.com/mp3trim.zip.

To create your own AAC files, first open any MP3 which you want to make as a ringer in the mp3Trim program, and use the "How much do you want to trim" section to pick which part of the file you want to make as a ringer. Use the Frame tab if you want to start the ringer at an exact moment. Now, where it says "From the end", make sure to use the UP arrow when you find the end of the ringer, and not press the down by mistake. It will reset the starting time if you do. On the same section, there is a little timer which shows how long the file will be. Keep in mind that the ringer should be about 30 seconds, because after that, it will goto voicemail.

Once you have picked out the part you would like as your ringer, click on "Save As" and save the file on your desktop. This program also has a volume control so if you find your files are too low, you can make it louder. Now, there is also a fade option so you can fade out the end of the ringer just in case.

Once you have the file saved on your desktop, open up Quicktime Pro, and goto File -> Export. In the drop down option titled "Export:", make sure you select Movie to MPEG-4, and click on Options....Once you do that, under the dropdown, select Audio, and make sure Audio Track is set as "Music", and and set the slider for the kbits/second to 24. Under channel, set it to "Mono", and Output Sample Rate to 22.050kHz. Now, set the Encoding Quality to "Best". Click on OK, and click on Save. This will save your file on your desktop.

Now, you have a (filename).mp4 file. Make sure to remove all the spaces in the file name, and rename the extention from mp4 to m4a. If you can not see the extentions, you need to enable that in your windows folder options.

You now have an AAC-endcoded file, and can upload it by using various AAC uploaders.

Option 2
    For the people who can't afford Quicktime Pro, here is how to do it for free. You will need dBpowerAMP, which is found here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm, the Psytel Encoder, which is your AAC/MP4 codec, found here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dB...P-codec-mp4.exe and the mp3Trim program.

Now, once you have everything installed, open any MP3 which you want to make as a ringer in the mp3Trim program, and use the "How much do you want to trim" section to pick which part of the file you want to make as a ringer. Use the Frame tab if you want to start the ringer at an exact moment. Now, where it says "From the end", make sure to use the UP arrow when you find the end of the ringer, and not press the down by mistake. It will reset the starting time if you do. On the same section, there is a little timer which shows how long the file will be. Keep in mind that the ringer should be about 30 seconds, because after that, it will goto voicemail.

Once you have picked out the part you would like as your ringer, click on "Save As" and save the file on your desktop. This program also has a volume control so if you find your files are too low, you can make it louder. Now, there is also a fade option so you can fade out the end of the ringer just in case.

This leaves you with a mp3 file, which is the ringer you want to make. Now, open the dBpowerAMP program, and select the file which you want to convert. In our case, its the file we saved on the desktop.

When the convertor settings options come up, make sure to select "mp4 (CLI)" from the dropdown for format, and select Quality as "48kbits/". Select the Volume normalize option, and click on "Convert >>"

Once the conversion is done, you are left with the mp4 file in the same folder as your original mp3. Rename the file so it doesnt have spaces and has an m4a extension, and you are ready to send the ringer to your phone.

Once you have the file saved, all you do is goto www.sprintusers.com/focus and upload it.
    If you want a Great Sprint phone go get yourself a SANYO 5600...The hotness!!!

Rustproof

mp3 to mp4 converter

Hello where can i get the codec for the mp3 to mp4 conversion?
    I used the link posted but it is no longer working and i've been looking on the net but without any luck. please point me in the right direction.
    thanks for all these tips

-Russell