Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Owen
    Guest
    I upgraded to a Motorola RAZR V3 at Phones4U yesterday. Excellent phone so
    far, very pleased with it. But I'm having two very annnoying problems:

    1. I cannot open MMS messages that I receive. I get a 'unable to download,
    please try later' message. This morning I got a text msg from Phones4U
    saying "We are about to send you some text messages, follow the instructions
    to enable MMS and WAP on your phone." Great, I thought. But the messages
    havent arrived. Also, I could have sworn the screen said "You have 3 new
    messages" but I only saw 1 in my inbox, so I'm concerned the messages were
    'received' but didn't quite make it to my handset.

    2. Unable to use the web browser, presumably for the reason it's not been
    set up properly, but there's no hint of what I'm supposed to do, to set it
    up. I'm guessing that if I ever get the mysterious messages, they will tell
    me how to set it up.

    If anyone knows the content of these messages which I'm supposed to receive,
    or at least the gist of them, please could you share it with me here...
    thanks.

    The user manual with this phone is sadly lacking information on these
    basics, not even a troubleshooting section in there. So I'm sorry to bother
    you with this silly query, but I'm stuck!

    Thanks
    Owen





    See More: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!




  2. #2
    Owen
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!


    "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I upgraded to a Motorola RAZR V3 at Phones4U yesterday. Excellent phone so
    >far, very pleased with it. But I'm having two very annnoying problems:
    >
    > 1. I cannot open MMS messages that I receive. I get a 'unable to
    > download, please try later' message. This morning I got a text msg from
    > Phones4U saying "We are about to send you some text messages, follow the
    > instructions to enable MMS and WAP on your phone." Great, I thought. But
    > the messages havent arrived. Also, I could have sworn the screen said
    > "You have 3 new messages" but I only saw 1 in my inbox, so I'm concerned
    > the messages were 'received' but didn't quite make it to my handset.
    >


    Extra bit of info: When I try following the instructions from
    hellomoto.com, after entering the PIN I get "exceeds maxumum limit" error
    message.

    Owen





  3. #3
    JC
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:40:42 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Owen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>I upgraded to a Motorola RAZR V3 at Phones4U yesterday. Excellent phone so
    >>far, very pleased with it. But I'm having two very annnoying problems:
    >>
    >> 1. I cannot open MMS messages that I receive. I get a 'unable to
    >> download, please try later' message. This morning I got a text msg from
    >> Phones4U saying "We are about to send you some text messages, follow the
    >> instructions to enable MMS and WAP on your phone." Great, I thought. But
    >> the messages havent arrived. Also, I could have sworn the screen said
    >> "You have 3 new messages" but I only saw 1 in my inbox, so I'm concerned
    >> the messages were 'received' but didn't quite make it to my handset.
    >>

    >
    >Extra bit of info: When I try following the instructions from
    >hellomoto.com, after entering the PIN I get "exceeds maxumum limit" error
    >message.
    >
    >Owen
    >



    Sounds like your web sessions are not configured properly.

    You need to go into settings - web access - web sessions and check the one
    is ticked that corresponds to your network provider for GPRS and that there
    is also one there for your provider's MMS e.g. on O2 you should have O2 WAP
    GPRS and O2 MMS.

    Then..go into messages - inbox and then press the options key (centre
    display key that looks like a little screw) then select setup - MMS Message
    Setup - Server Info and check that the MMS server relevant to your network
    provider is ticked (this should be the same MMS setting as in your web
    sessions e.g. O2 MMS)

    Only a certain amount of web sessions are allowed on the phone, which is
    why you are getting the "exceeds maximum limit" error. See if you can
    delete any of the existing web sessions.......but don't be too surprised if
    you can't ;o(

    HTH
    --

    Regards

    John [Essex, UK]
    Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply



  4. #4
    Owen
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!


    "JC" <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:40:42 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Owen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>>I upgraded to a Motorola RAZR V3 at Phones4U yesterday. Excellent phone
    >>>so
    >>>far, very pleased with it. But I'm having two very annnoying problems:
    >>>
    >>> 1. I cannot open MMS messages that I receive. I get a 'unable to
    >>> download, please try later' message. This morning I got a text msg from
    >>> Phones4U saying "We are about to send you some text messages, follow the
    >>> instructions to enable MMS and WAP on your phone." Great, I thought.
    >>> But
    >>> the messages havent arrived. Also, I could have sworn the screen said
    >>> "You have 3 new messages" but I only saw 1 in my inbox, so I'm concerned
    >>> the messages were 'received' but didn't quite make it to my handset.
    >>>

    >>
    >>Extra bit of info: When I try following the instructions from
    >>hellomoto.com, after entering the PIN I get "exceeds maxumum limit" error
    >>message.
    >>
    >>Owen
    >>

    >
    >
    > Sounds like your web sessions are not configured properly.
    >
    > You need to go into settings - web access - web sessions and check the one
    > is ticked that corresponds to your network provider for GPRS and that
    > there
    > is also one there for your provider's MMS e.g. on O2 you should have O2
    > WAP
    > GPRS and O2 MMS.
    >
    > Then..go into messages - inbox and then press the options key (centre
    > display key that looks like a little screw) then select setup - MMS
    > Message
    > Setup - Server Info and check that the MMS server relevant to your network
    > provider is ticked (this should be the same MMS setting as in your web
    > sessions e.g. O2 MMS)
    >
    > Only a certain amount of web sessions are allowed on the phone, which is
    > why you are getting the "exceeds maximum limit" error. See if you can
    > delete any of the existing web sessions.......but don't be too surprised
    > if
    > you can't ;o(



    How exactly would I go about deleting a web session? And what is a web
    session anyway?

    Owen





  5. #5
    JC
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:30:03 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >How exactly would I go about deleting a web session? And what is a web
    >session anyway?
    >
    >Owen
    >


    Well, I clearly wasted my time typing all of my previous reply out for you.

    I suggest that initially you RTFM and get to grips with the basics of the
    phone, then come back.
    --

    Regards

    John [Essex, UK]
    Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply



  6. #6
    Owen
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!


    "JC" <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:30:03 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>How exactly would I go about deleting a web session? And what is a web
    >>session anyway?
    >>
    >>Owen
    >>

    >
    > Well, I clearly wasted my time typing all of my previous reply out for
    > you.
    >
    > I suggest that initially you RTFM and get to grips with the basics of the
    > phone, then come back.
    >


    Sorry JC, but I didn't see anything in your reply which explained what a web
    session was or how I go about deleting one. And yes, I did read the ****ing
    manual and it told me NOTHING about how to solve my problem, I also phoned
    Vodafone support and looked all over their crappy website, NONE of which
    solved the problem. Hence my reason for posting here.

    But thanks anyway, your reply really did explain a few things, just not how
    to crack the problem of too many web sessions.

    Owen





  7. #7
    JC
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:56:21 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"JC" <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:30:03 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>How exactly would I go about deleting a web session? And what is a web
    >>>session anyway?
    >>>
    >>>Owen
    >>>

    >>
    >> Well, I clearly wasted my time typing all of my previous reply out for
    >> you.
    >>
    >> I suggest that initially you RTFM and get to grips with the basics of the
    >> phone, then come back.
    >>

    >
    >Sorry JC, but I didn't see anything in your reply which explained what a web
    >session was or how I go about deleting one. And yes, I did read the ****ing
    >manual and it told me NOTHING about how to solve my problem, I also phoned
    >Vodafone support and looked all over their crappy website, NONE of which
    >solved the problem. Hence my reason for posting here.
    >
    >But thanks anyway, your reply really did explain a few things, just not how
    >to crack the problem of too many web sessions.
    >
    >Owen
    >



    Because there isn't a simple answer.

    The V3 has a finite limit on web sessions and if Vodafone have maxed that
    limit out with their pre-loaded software and then seen fit to lock them to
    prevent deletion..the only way to get round this is to start modding the
    phone.

    This is a complex arena and not to be approached in a half-arsed way if you
    want your shiny new V3 to continue to function.

    Have a look at www.motomodders.net and read some of the tutorials.
    --

    Regards

    John [Essex, UK]
    Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply



  8. #8
    Owen
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!


    "JC" <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:56:21 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"JC" <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:30:03 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>How exactly would I go about deleting a web session? And what is a web
    >>>>session anyway?
    >>>>
    >>>>Owen
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Well, I clearly wasted my time typing all of my previous reply out for
    >>> you.
    >>>
    >>> I suggest that initially you RTFM and get to grips with the basics of
    >>> the
    >>> phone, then come back.
    >>>

    >>
    >>Sorry JC, but I didn't see anything in your reply which explained what a
    >>web
    >>session was or how I go about deleting one. And yes, I did read the
    >>****ing
    >>manual and it told me NOTHING about how to solve my problem, I also phoned
    >>Vodafone support and looked all over their crappy website, NONE of which
    >>solved the problem. Hence my reason for posting here.
    >>
    >>But thanks anyway, your reply really did explain a few things, just not
    >>how
    >>to crack the problem of too many web sessions.
    >>
    >>Owen
    >>

    >
    >
    > Because there isn't a simple answer.
    >
    > The V3 has a finite limit on web sessions and if Vodafone have maxed that
    > limit out with their pre-loaded software and then seen fit to lock them to
    > prevent deletion..the only way to get round this is to start modding the
    > phone.
    >


    Thanks JC.

    Erm, is it just me or, is this... well... incredibly crap? If you buy
    something with certain features, you expect to be able to use those
    features. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to gain access to
    features you're paying for and are told are part of the package. I'm
    *really* pissed off about this. Surely I can't be the only one? (

    >
    > Have a look at www.motomodders.net and read some of the tutorials.
    >


    Cheers, will do.

    Owen





  9. #9
    JC
    Guest

    Re: Motorola RAZR V3 - help please!

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:10:19 -0000, "Owen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks JC.
    >
    >Erm, is it just me or, is this... well... incredibly crap? If you buy
    >something with certain features, you expect to be able to use those
    >features. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to gain access to
    >features you're paying for and are told are part of the package. I'm
    >*really* pissed off about this. Surely I can't be the only one? (



    That's Vodafone for you!

    There should be appropriate Vodafone web sessions for you to get GPRS and
    MMS though!!
    --

    Regards

    John [Essex, UK]
    Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply



  • Similar Threads