Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ©®
    Guest
    Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a comparison table/breakdown of the
    different UK networks and their charges for these numbers:
    0800
    0844
    0845
    0870
    Which networks allow these numbers to be dialled from inclusive minutes and
    which charge "nn" p/min for them.
    Thanks very much.





    See More: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks




  2. #2
    Simon Ough
    Guest

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    "©®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a comparison table/breakdown of
    > the
    > different UK networks and their charges for these numbers:
    > 0800
    > 0844
    > 0845
    > 0870
    > Which networks allow these numbers to be dialled from inclusive minutes
    > and which charge "nn" p/min for them.


    I shouted a big thing about this a few years back...

    Basically, nowadays, O2 will allow all 0845/0870 and 0800 to come out of
    mins

    Orange, Voda, T-Mob, Virgin et al won't allow 08xx numbers out of mins.

    EXCEPT:

    Orange:
    Only legacy plans: The old Talk Plans (Talk 60,120,150,200,500,1800 etc
    before 2001), Everyday 50, Everytime 20,200,400 and 1000, Orange Business
    200, 400 and 700. Also, Boxed and Ready plans, and Line 2 Chat 60 allows
    0870 calls ONLY out of the mins.

    Everyday 50 allow 0845 to come out of mins also (off peak).

    On Orange - new plans such as Your Plan and the Animal tariffs do not allow
    08xx numbers out of mins.

    0800 is free on Business, Internal and Liberate accounts though.

    Simon





  3. #3

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks


    Simon Ough wrote:
    > "©®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a comparison table/breakdown of
    > > the
    > > different UK networks and their charges for these numbers:
    > > 0800
    > > 0844
    > > 0845
    > > 0870
    > > Which networks allow these numbers to be dialled from inclusive minutes
    > > and which charge "nn" p/min for them.

    >
    > I shouted a big thing about this a few years back...
    >
    > Basically, nowadays, O2 will allow all 0845/0870 and 0800 to come out of
    > mins
    >
    > Orange, Voda, T-Mob, Virgin et al won't allow 08xx numbers out of mins.
    >
    > EXCEPT:
    >
    > Orange:
    > Only legacy plans: The old Talk Plans (Talk 60,120,150,200,500,1800 etc
    > before 2001), Everyday 50, Everytime 20,200,400 and 1000, Orange Business
    > 200, 400 and 700. Also, Boxed and Ready plans, and Line 2 Chat 60 allows
    > 0870 calls ONLY out of the mins.
    >
    > Everyday 50 allow 0845 to come out of mins also (off peak).
    >
    > On Orange - new plans such as Your Plan and the Animal tariffs do not allow
    > 08xx numbers out of mins.
    >
    > 0800 is free on Business, Internal and Liberate accounts though.
    >
    > Simon


    O2 will also allow calls to 0844 numbers out of inclusive minutes.Other
    networks will charge.




  4. #4
    Simon Ough
    Guest

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    O2 will also allow calls to 0844 numbers out of inclusive minutes.Other
    networks will charge.

    Yes. I forgot that. Sorry :-)





  5. #5
    Brian A
    Guest

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:20:11 +0100, "Simon Ough"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >O2 will also allow calls to 0844 numbers out of inclusive minutes.Other
    >networks will charge.
    >
    >Yes. I forgot that. Sorry :-)
    >

    Unless I am mistaken that only applies to High Street tariffs -
    doesn't apply to on-line ones afaik.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.



  6. #6
    DeekyEvans
    DeekyEvans is offline
    Member

    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    96 - liked 5 times

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    Deeky Evans ;0)

    Envy Not The Oppressor and choose none of his ways - Proverbs


    It is better than a poke in the Eye with a sharp stick



  7. #7
    Garry Richards
    Guest

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    Why mention Virgin Mobile without reference to this operator on the web page
    you publish?

    "DeekyEvans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    >
    > Check out this site - which has all the mobile phone companies at least
    > the main ones.
    > 'my open journal - Details Mobile Tariff for Vodafone O2 T-Mobile
    > Virgin 3 on usual numbers - 0870 0871 0844 090 07744 and International
    > Call charges' (http://tinyurl.com/omjjh)
    >
    >
    > --
    > DeekyEvans
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DeekyEvans's Profile:
    > http://cellphoneforums.net/member.ph...o&userid=48549
    > View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t223204
    >






  8. #8
    DeekyEvans
    DeekyEvans is offline
    Member

    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    96 - liked 5 times

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    Dear gary
    I put the link in since it was a site that had details of the costs did not notice the ref to Virgin without info on that service
    It is not mine I hasten to add and I gain nothing from pointing peeps to it


    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Richards
    Why mention Virgin Mobile without reference to this operator on the web page
    you publish?

    "DeekyEvans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    >
    > Check out this site - which has all the mobile phone companies at least
    > the main ones.
    > 'my open journal - Details Mobile Tariff for Vodafone O2 T-Mobile
    > Virgin 3 on usual numbers - 0870 0871 0844 090 07744 and International
    > Call charges' (my open journal - Details Mobile Tariff for Vodafone O2 T-Mobile Virgin 3 on usual numbers - 0870 0871 0844 090 07744 and International Call charges)
    >
    >
    > --
    > DeekyEvans
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DeekyEvans's Profile:
    > http://cellphoneforums.net/member.ph...o&userid=48549
    > View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t223204
    >
    Deeky Evans ;0)

    Envy Not The Oppressor and choose none of his ways - Proverbs


    It is better than a poke in the Eye with a sharp stick



  9. #9
    ƧŘŢ
    Guest

    Re: 0800/0844/0845 and 0870 numbers on different networks

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:27:10 GMT, Brian A
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:20:11 +0100, "Simon Ough"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>O2 will also allow calls to 0844 numbers out of inclusive minutes.Other
    >>networks will charge.
    >>
    >>Yes. I forgot that. Sorry :-)
    >>

    >Unless I am mistaken that only applies to High Street tariffs -
    >doesn't apply to on-line ones afaik.
    >Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.


    No, they're included in at least some of the online tariffs too.

    I recall it's not clear on the web site, but CS confirmed it and when
    I received the phone/SIM there's a tariff list that shows all calls to
    0800/0808/0844/0845/0870 numbers are included in the minutes.



  • Similar Threads