Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    cricket
    Guest
    The update site is up again.
    I still managed to go through the whole update and nothing was updated even
    though it said that it was?

    Could it be the fact that the phone is badged by Vodathingy?

    c

    happy new one





    See More: P910 update




  2. #2
    BJH
    Guest

    Re: P910 update

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:24:15 -0000, cricket wrote:

    > The update site is up again.
    > I still managed to go through the whole update and nothing was updated even
    > though it said that it was?
    >
    > Could it be the fact that the phone is badged by Vodathingy?
    >
    > c
    >
    > happy new one


    Hmm? I'll try and update my phone tonight. But, both SEUK and Vodafone have
    assured me that there is nothing done to the phone by Voda that prevents
    updates.

    --
    Regards
    Barry



  3. #3
    BJH
    Guest

    Re: P910 update

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:40:56 +0000, Chris Gadsby wrote:

    > Hi,


    > I've got a P910 on Vodafone and just run the update with no problems,
    > but looking at the organiser version it is still showing R1A30 as it did
    > before the update.


    > no idea if anything else got updated though behind the scenes.


    > Chris


    > BJH wrote:


    >>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:24:15 -0000, cricket wrote:


    >>>The update site is up again.
    >>>I still managed to go through the whole update and nothing was updated even
    >>>though it said that it was?


    >>>Could it be the fact that the phone is badged by Vodathingy?


    >>Hmm? I'll try and update my phone tonight. But, both SEUK and Vodafone have
    >>assured me that there is nothing done to the phone by Voda that prevents
    >>updates.


    OK, I tried the update last night, I still got an error though, right at
    the end of the update process. "Comms Error", which is what the SEUK guy
    told me was the problem.

    So I'm not sure if its fixed or not, yet.

    I did have to restore my data this time though, so it appears that
    something has been done, but like you I still have the original version no,
    in my case R1A30

    --
    Regards
    Barry



  4. #4
    BJH
    Guest

    Re: P910 update

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:05:35 +0000, BJH wrote:

    > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:40:56 +0000, Chris Gadsby wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,

    >
    >> I've got a P910 on Vodafone and just run the update with no problems,
    >> but looking at the organiser version it is still showing R1A30 as it did
    >> before the update.

    >
    >> no idea if anything else got updated though behind the scenes.

    >
    >> Chris

    >
    >> BJH wrote:

    >
    >>>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:24:15 -0000, cricket wrote:

    >
    >>>>The update site is up again.
    >>>>I still managed to go through the whole update and nothing was updated even
    >>>>though it said that it was?

    >
    >>>>Could it be the fact that the phone is badged by Vodathingy?

    >
    >>>Hmm? I'll try and update my phone tonight. But, both SEUK and Vodafone have
    >>>assured me that there is nothing done to the phone by Voda that prevents
    >>>updates.

    >
    > OK, I tried the update last night, I still got an error though, right at
    > the end of the update process. "Comms Error", which is what the SEUK guy
    > told me was the problem.
    >
    > So I'm not sure if its fixed or not, yet.
    >
    > I did have to restore my data this time though, so it appears that
    > something has been done, but like you I still have the original version no,
    > in my case R1A30


    Just spoken to SEUK support and they confirm that the web site is still
    broken. :-(
    --
    Regards
    Barry



  5. #5
    Greybeard
    Guest

    Re: P910 update


    "BJH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >
    > Just spoken to SEUK support and they confirm that the web site is still
    > broken. :-(
    > --
    > Regards
    > Barry


    I upgraded my P910i the day before yesterday without too much trouble.
    Having spoken to SEUK I was told to make sure all firewall and AV S/w is
    turned off, make sure the battery is FULLY charged! then if you have the
    power lead plugged into the syncstation, unplug it, so that only the USB
    lead is attached.
    Check in the phone connection link properties that that all boxes are
    UNTICKED.
    Check in PHONE MONITOR OPTIONS from CONTROL PANEL, com port tab, that all
    (well the relevant com port for the SE connection, but all is easier to
    manage!!) is disabled.

    When all this was done, my update ran. The first time it failed at 43% but
    the second time completed ok.
    If yours fails, make sure you remove the battery before you try again.

    Also it's worth checking that the phone really is plugged into the sync
    station correctly, it's quite easy to miss align the connector.( Bloody
    useless connector if you ask me!)

    HTH.

    Daz.





  6. #6
    Chris Gadsby
    Guest

    Re: P910 update

    This is all looking a lot of risk and hassle. Does any one know what
    fixes are in the latest update so I can decide if there are enough
    benefits to persist?

    Thanks

    Chris


    Greybeard wrote:

    >"BJH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >
    >
    >>Just spoken to SEUK support and they confirm that the web site is still
    >>broken. :-(
    >>--
    >>Regards
    >>Barry
    >>
    >>

    >
    >I upgraded my P910i the day before yesterday without too much trouble.
    >Having spoken to SEUK I was told to make sure all firewall and AV S/w is
    >turned off, make sure the battery is FULLY charged! then if you have the
    >power lead plugged into the syncstation, unplug it, so that only the USB
    >lead is attached.
    >Check in the phone connection link properties that that all boxes are
    >UNTICKED.
    >Check in PHONE MONITOR OPTIONS from CONTROL PANEL, com port tab, that all
    >(well the relevant com port for the SE connection, but all is easier to
    >manage!!) is disabled.
    >
    >When all this was done, my update ran. The first time it failed at 43% but
    >the second time completed ok.
    >If yours fails, make sure you remove the battery before you try again.
    >
    >Also it's worth checking that the phone really is plugged into the sync
    >station correctly, it's quite easy to miss align the connector.( Bloody
    >useless connector if you ask me!)
    >
    >HTH.
    >
    >Daz.
    >
    >
    >
    >




  7. #7
    BJH
    Guest

    Re: P910 update

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:16:39 +0000, Chris Gadsby wrote:

    > This is all looking a lot of risk and hassle. Does any one know what
    > fixes are in the latest update so I can decide if there are enough
    > benefits to persist?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris


    > Greybeard wrote:
    >
    >>"BJH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>Just spoken to SEUK support and they confirm that the web site is still
    >>>broken. :-(
    >>>--
    >>>Regards
    >>>Barry


    >>I upgraded my P910i the day before yesterday without too much trouble.
    >>Having spoken to SEUK I was told to make sure all firewall and AV S/w is
    >>turned off, make sure the battery is FULLY charged! then if you have the
    >>power lead plugged into the syncstation, unplug it, so that only the USB
    >>lead is attached.
    >>Check in the phone connection link properties that that all boxes are
    >>UNTICKED.
    >>Check in PHONE MONITOR OPTIONS from CONTROL PANEL, com port tab, that all
    >>(well the relevant com port for the SE connection, but all is easier to
    >>manage!!) is disabled.


    >>When all this was done, my update ran. The first time it failed at 43% but
    >>the second time completed ok.
    >>If yours fails, make sure you remove the battery before you try again.


    >>Also it's worth checking that the phone really is plugged into the sync
    >>station correctly, it's quite easy to miss align the connector.( Bloody
    >>useless connector if you ask me!)


    >>HTH.


    >>Daz.


    Thanks Daz, that worked for me, although like Chris I'm confused about
    version nos.

    According to the SE web site the new Organiser version should be R3E008,
    yet after the 'update' my Organiser version has stayed at R1A30. However,
    I've just noticed that the Phone software version is R3E008 so maybe a typo
    has crept in somewhere?

    FWIW SEUK suggested I take my phone to a Carphone Warehouse store and get
    it flashed there! ;-)

    And yes, I agree, for a £500 phone the socket arrangment is crap!

    --
    Regards
    Barry



  8. #8
    Greybeard
    Guest

    Re: P910 update


    "BJH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:16:39 +0000, Chris Gadsby wrote:
    >>
    >>>I upgraded my P910i the day before yesterday without too much trouble.
    >>>Having spoken to SEUK I was told to make sure all firewall and AV S/w is
    >>>turned off, make sure the battery is FULLY charged! then if you have the
    >>>power lead plugged into the syncstation, unplug it, so that only the USB
    >>>lead is attached.
    >>>Check in the phone connection link properties that that all boxes are
    >>>UNTICKED.
    >>>Check in PHONE MONITOR OPTIONS from CONTROL PANEL, com port tab, that all
    >>>(well the relevant com port for the SE connection, but all is easier to
    >>>manage!!) is disabled.

    >
    >>>When all this was done, my update ran. The first time it failed at 43%
    >>>but
    >>>the second time completed ok.
    >>>If yours fails, make sure you remove the battery before you try again.

    >
    >>>Also it's worth checking that the phone really is plugged into the sync
    >>>station correctly, it's quite easy to miss align the connector.( Bloody
    >>>useless connector if you ask me!)

    >
    >>>HTH.

    >
    >>>Daz.

    >
    > Thanks Daz, that worked for me, although like Chris I'm confused about
    > version nos.
    >
    > According to the SE web site the new Organiser version should be R3E008,
    > yet after the 'update' my Organiser version has stayed at R1A30. However,
    > I've just noticed that the Phone software version is R3E008 so maybe a
    > typo
    > has crept in somewhere?
    >
    > FWIW SEUK suggested I take my phone to a Carphone Warehouse store and get
    > it flashed there! ;-)
    >
    > And yes, I agree, for a £500 phone the socket arrangment is crap!
    >


    I've given up worrying about the version number TBH I'm sure that hey differ
    from network to network. I just noted the ver numbers that SE asked in the
    check, and then confirmed that the updated ones were as the update service
    said, and they were. So all seems well for me.
    Don't what it actually changed mind, but my phone is now stable and has
    stopped freezing up for no reason.

    Glad it all worked out for you.

    Daz.





  • Phones Discussed Above

    Sony Ericsson P910 More Sony Ericsson P910 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads