Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Cat Grinder
    Guest
    Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and mine
    is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High capacity
    LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3 (can
    also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge your
    phone from a laptop computer.

    The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has really
    good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a deep
    scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry about
    the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.

    Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better more
    specialized devices for those things.

    "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."

    Startac Poster Child


    "Joseph Huber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:34:21 -0500 (EST), [email protected]
    > (Eric) wrote:
    >
    > >I was just wondering -- with the Sanyo 4900 and Samsung A500 now being
    > >discontinued -- how many of you users still use older, discontinued
    > >phones? How long have you had your phone... does it still perform well?
    > >How long will a manufactorer support a discontinued model?

    >
    > I've had my StarTac 7867W for 3 years. It's been beat up and is still
    > going strong. Its only 2G, but it gets me Internet access for my
    > laptop. If it dies, and Sprint PCS doesn't offer any Motorola phones,
    > and still insists that 3G phones can't be hooked to laptops, I'll
    > either try to find a used 7867W and continue on with 2G, or head over
    > to Verizon...
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > Joseph Huber
    > [email protected]






    See More: Startac All the Way!!!




  2. #2
    null
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and mine
    > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High capacity
    > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3 (can
    > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge your
    > phone from a laptop computer.
    >
    > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has really
    > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a deep
    > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry about
    > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    >
    > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better more
    > specialized devices for those things.
    >
    > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    >
    > Startac Poster Child


    Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    ways).



  3. #3
    Cat Grinder
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    Actually I have tried new phones. My workmates actually used to give me a
    hard time because I would change cell phones every few months. In fact I
    bought my Startac new just a little over a year ago. It was the last new one
    I could find in the State of Utah. I had a Samsung before that. I couldn't
    tell you how many cell phones I have had in the past10 or 12 years. I still
    have one of the first motorola portable phones that was available. Three
    watts and probably three pounds. Of course it still works! I have always
    been impressed with Motorola quality regardless of what type of product it
    was. The sound quality is the best I have ever heard with the exception of
    that big motorola phone I just described. Even the V60 which my girlfriend
    traded for a Startac had a partially metal case. Like I said before, my
    phone has some very deep scratches on it but none of the color is peeling
    off. None of the numbers have rubbed off of the buttons on the Startac
    either like some of the other brands I have had. As far as the menu system
    goes, it does not seem difficult to operate to me or even my girlfriend who
    is basically electronically illiterate. I guess there's a reason that the
    Startac still holds the record for the most popular cellphone to ever hit
    the market.


    "null" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and

    mine
    > > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High

    capacity
    > > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3

    (can
    > > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge

    your
    > > phone from a laptop computer.
    > >
    > > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has

    really
    > > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a

    deep
    > > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry

    about
    > > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    > >
    > > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better more
    > > specialized devices for those things.
    > >
    > > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    > >
    > > Startac Poster Child

    >
    > Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    > StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    > from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    > (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    > very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    > unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    > the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    > ways).






  4. #4
    null
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Actually I have tried new phones. My workmates actually used to give me a
    > hard time because I would change cell phones every few months. In fact I
    > bought my Startac new just a little over a year ago. It was the last new one
    > I could find in the State of Utah. I had a Samsung before that. I couldn't
    > tell you how many cell phones I have had in the past10 or 12 years. I still
    > have one of the first motorola portable phones that was available. Three
    > watts and probably three pounds. Of course it still works! I have always
    > been impressed with Motorola quality regardless of what type of product it
    > was. The sound quality is the best I have ever heard with the exception of
    > that big motorola phone I just described. Even the V60 which my girlfriend
    > traded for a Startac had a partially metal case. Like I said before, my
    > phone has some very deep scratches on it but none of the color is peeling
    > off. None of the numbers have rubbed off of the buttons on the Startac
    > either like some of the other brands I have had. As far as the menu system
    > goes, it does not seem difficult to operate to me or even my girlfriend who
    > is basically electronically illiterate. I guess there's a reason that the
    > Startac still holds the record for the most popular cellphone to ever hit
    > the market.


    Interesting how people can have such different views of the same phone.
    I've also gone through lots of phones, and I personally loathe StarTACs,
    and would rather use any number of phones from the past five years,
    including the old Nokia 5100s and 6100s (which were the same phone with
    different buttons, and sold far, far more units than StarTACs).
    Unfortunately Nokia's first attempt at CDMA bit it big time, but Samsung
    stepped up nicely. My Samsung A500 has good (at least on par with a
    StarTAC, though not as good as Sanyos) reception, great voice quality,
    great interface (second only to Nokia), is small and light and feels
    good in the hand, doesn't have creaky plastics, has great tactile button
    feedback, and has only gotten the slightest scuffs in six months of
    heavy use (keys, etc. do not scratch it at all in my pocket). As a
    bonus, it also has color, external caller ID, GPS, polyphonic rings, 1x
    RTT, voice memo, and a USB data port for connecting to my computer.



  5. #5
    Ron
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    I have a timeport my sister-in-law has the new Samsung, we are both on
    Sprint.

    We live in the mountains in North Scottsdale, AZ.

    I get mediocre service on my Timeport (sometimes great somtimes
    spotty).

    My sister-in-law gets "no service" period.

    Keep the look and feel of a samsung, lg, etc.... the voice and RF on
    the StarTac/TimePort beat them all in a side by side

    null <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and mine
    > > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High capacity
    > > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3 (can
    > > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge your
    > > phone from a laptop computer.
    > >
    > > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has really
    > > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a deep
    > > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry about
    > > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    > >
    > > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better more
    > > specialized devices for those things.
    > >
    > > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    > >
    > > Startac Poster Child

    >
    > Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    > StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    > from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    > (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    > very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    > unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    > the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    > ways).




  6. #6
    Cat Grinder
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    Yeah Ron...

    I've seen that happen several times when I have been with friends in a poor
    coverage area. Their's will have either very little signal or none at all.
    The problem is that they will then want to use mine and chew into my
    minutes.



    "Ron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have a timeport my sister-in-law has the new Samsung, we are both on
    > Sprint.
    >
    > We live in the mountains in North Scottsdale, AZ.
    >
    > I get mediocre service on my Timeport (sometimes great somtimes
    > spotty).
    >
    > My sister-in-law gets "no service" period.
    >
    > Keep the look and feel of a samsung, lg, etc.... the voice and RF on
    > the StarTac/TimePort beat them all in a side by side
    >
    > null <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and

    mine
    > > > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High

    capacity
    > > > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3

    (can
    > > > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > > > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge

    your
    > > > phone from a laptop computer.
    > > >
    > > > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has

    really
    > > > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a

    deep
    > > > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry

    about
    > > > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    > > >
    > > > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better

    more
    > > > specialized devices for those things.
    > > >
    > > > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    > > >
    > > > Startac Poster Child

    > >
    > > Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    > > StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    > > from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    > > (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    > > very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    > > unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    > > the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    > > ways).






  7. #7
    Larry Thomas
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!


    null <[email protected]> wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and mine
    > > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High capacity
    > > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3 (can
    > > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge your
    > > phone from a laptop computer.
    > >
    > > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has really
    > > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a deep
    > > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry about
    > > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    > >
    > > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better more
    > > specialized devices for those things.
    > >
    > > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    > >
    > > Startac Poster Child

    >
    > Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    > StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    > from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    > (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    > very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    > unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    > the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    > ways).


    I hated my Startac 7867. It was the worst phone I've ever used for both
    reception and menu functions.

    [posted via phonescoop.com - free web access to the alt.cellular groups]



  8. #8
    Cat Grinder
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    I was out today and saw a Sprint store so I decided to stop by and see what
    they had to offer in the way of phones. They had the usual variety of Sanyos
    and Samsungs along with some PDA style phones. All of the phones were hooked
    up so that you could make calls and see the features. I made test calls on
    several of them and here are the conclusions that I came to. The Samsungs
    are nice looking phones with their blue (just like my Startac) displays. The
    Samsungs look better in my opinion than the Sanyos but the Sanyos seemed to
    have clearer sound. The Sanyo was as clear sounding as my Startac but the
    Startac speaker had more bass to it, was more natural sounding and didn't
    sound as tinny as the Sanyo.
    I could not get the one Hitachi phone to dial out. Another thing I have
    noticed about the newer phones is that the earpieces
    seem to be more or less flat. The Startac has a scalloped ear piece which is
    a lot more comfortable to my ear on long conversations... sort of like my
    home phone. The biggest
    thing I noticed is when my girlfriend was comparing her signal level to the
    phones in the store. I told her it wouldn't be a valid comparison because
    she was with Verizon. That gave me an idea to compare the signal level on my
    Startac against the Sanyos and such in the store. My Startac had full signal
    strength in
    every part of the store. There was not a phone in the entire store that had
    full signal strength like my Startac. (I did not check the PDA phones
    though.) I tried the phones with their antennas both retracted and extended
    and none of them had full signal. I thought it was strange that Sprint did
    not put their store close to the cell site or the site closer to the store.
    Oh well. Somebody had also said something about creaky plastic and yes the
    new ones creak. Well the proof is in the pudding and that's why after today
    I will definitely hold on to my Startac.

    To all you naysayers I say...

    DRONE ON!


    "Larry Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > null <[email protected]> wrote in article
    > <[email protected]>:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Startac Baby all the way... My girlfriend's Startac is on Verizon and

    mine
    > > > is on Sprint. We share batteries, chargers, and car adapters. High

    capacity
    > > > LI-ON batteries can be had all day long for $10... car chargers for $3

    (can
    > > > also be picked up at any Target) Holsters $8... Desktop chargers $8...
    > > > There's even a USB charger cable for $8 that allows you to run/charge

    your
    > > > phone from a laptop computer.
    > > >
    > > > The Startac also has an ergonomically correct fit to your ear and has

    really
    > > > good volume. One of the other things I like about it is when you put a

    deep
    > > > scratch on the case, it is black all the way through. There's no worry

    about
    > > > the silver rubbing or peeling off like some other phones I have had.
    > > >
    > > > Does it take pictures and make Margaritas? No... but I have better

    more
    > > > specialized devices for those things.
    > > >
    > > > "They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    > > >
    > > > Startac Poster Child

    > >
    > > Ugh. I'm glad you have a phone you like, but it seems to me that lots of
    > > StarTAC people only like them because they haven't tried modern phones
    > > from Samsung, Sanyo, etc. StarTACs simply feel cheap by comparison
    > > (creaky plastic, cheap feeling buttons, loud, crummy flip), don't have
    > > very good voice quality and have a terrible menuing system (and
    > > unfortunately even though Moto finally came out with a new interface for
    > > the T720, they managed to make it almost as bad, though in different
    > > ways).

    >
    > I hated my Startac 7867. It was the worst phone I've ever used for both
    > reception and menu functions.
    >
    > [posted via phonescoop.com - free web access to the alt.cellular groups]







  9. #9
    null
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    In article <[email protected]rnsc01>,
    "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was out today and saw a Sprint store so I decided to stop by and see what
    > they had to offer in the way of phones. They had the usual variety of Sanyos
    > and Samsungs along with some PDA style phones. All of the phones were hooked
    > up so that you could make calls and see the features. I made test calls on
    > several of them and here are the conclusions that I came to. The Samsungs
    > are nice looking phones with their blue (just like my Startac) displays. The
    > Samsungs look better in my opinion than the Sanyos but the Sanyos seemed to
    > have clearer sound. The Sanyo was as clear sounding as my Startac but the
    > Startac speaker had more bass to it, was more natural sounding and didn't
    > sound as tinny as the Sanyo.
    > I could not get the one Hitachi phone to dial out. Another thing I have
    > noticed about the newer phones is that the earpieces
    > seem to be more or less flat. The Startac has a scalloped ear piece which is
    > a lot more comfortable to my ear on long conversations... sort of like my
    > home phone. The biggest
    > thing I noticed is when my girlfriend was comparing her signal level to the
    > phones in the store. I told her it wouldn't be a valid comparison because
    > she was with Verizon. That gave me an idea to compare the signal level on my
    > Startac against the Sanyos and such in the store. My Startac had full signal
    > strength in
    > every part of the store. There was not a phone in the entire store that had
    > full signal strength like my Startac. (I did not check the PDA phones
    > though.) I tried the phones with their antennas both retracted and extended
    > and none of them had full signal. I thought it was strange that Sprint did
    > not put their store close to the cell site or the site closer to the store.
    > Oh well. Somebody had also said something about creaky plastic and yes the
    > new ones creak. Well the proof is in the pudding and that's why after today
    > I will definitely hold on to my Startac.
    >
    > To all you naysayers I say...
    >
    > DRONE ON!


    Like I said before, I'm glad you found a phone you like. I disagree with
    you on all opinion points here, however, and one factual point: as has
    been discussed on this newsgroup ad infinitum in the past, signal
    strength bars mean literally nothing when comparing between two
    different models of phone. Sanyos, for example, are famous for
    underestimating signal strength -- when a Sanyo shows "martini glass"
    (if the phone shows that it can get signal at all), a Sanyo can almost
    always hold a call without dropouts. Some other brands require that they
    be displaying one or two bars of signal before they'll hold a call well.
    The fact that your StarTAC shows full signal strength means absolutely
    nothing, except in relation to itself.



  10. #10
    Jerome Zelinske
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    The correct term is "antenna symbol".


    > Like I said before, I'm glad you found a phone you like. I disagree with
    > you on all opinion points here, however, and one factual point: as has
    > been discussed on this newsgroup ad infinitum in the past, signal
    > strength bars mean literally nothing when comparing between two
    > different models of phone. Sanyos, for example, are famous for
    > underestimating signal strength -- when a Sanyo shows "martini glass"
    > (if the phone shows that it can get signal at all), a Sanyo can almost
    > always hold a call without dropouts. Some other brands require that they
    > be displaying one or two bars of signal before they'll hold a call well.
    > The fact that your StarTAC shows full signal strength means absolutely
    > nothing, except in relation to itself.





  11. #11
    null
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    Thank you, I realize that. The colloquial term, however, is "martini
    glass," which is generally a more effective way to describe it to the
    98% of the population that isn't familiar with electronic diagrams.


    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jerome Zelinske <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The correct term is "antenna symbol".
    >
    >
    > > Like I said before, I'm glad you found a phone you like. I disagree with
    > > you on all opinion points here, however, and one factual point: as has
    > > been discussed on this newsgroup ad infinitum in the past, signal
    > > strength bars mean literally nothing when comparing between two
    > > different models of phone. Sanyos, for example, are famous for
    > > underestimating signal strength -- when a Sanyo shows "martini glass"
    > > (if the phone shows that it can get signal at all), a Sanyo can almost
    > > always hold a call without dropouts. Some other brands require that they
    > > be displaying one or two bars of signal before they'll hold a call well.
    > > The fact that your StarTAC shows full signal strength means absolutely
    > > nothing, except in relation to itself.




  12. #12
    smittythepig
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!


    it seems odd to me that such an awkward-looking phone became so popular.
    having never used one i can't really explain why they were so popular
    but i guess they were. that battery, even before i had ever had a cell
    phone of my own, just seemed strange. a big lump on half of the bottom
    of the flip. but i guess the thing was really durable and reliable.

    i do miss the days of the all black hard plastic phones, just because i
    didn't have to be so obsessed with keeping them looking pretty. i think
    my next phone will be a more utilitarian rock-solid phone.

    i agree with what someone else said about motoralas, at least these
    days. the build quality seems to be much less than the samsung and
    particularly the sanyos i have used. my friend has a v60 and i actually
    think it looks really nice and is very small. but there seems to be way
    too much movement in the hinge. but i suppose that could be on purpose.
    it just seems like it's too similar to the comparison you can make in
    the auto industry. american cars - cheap-looking plastic and somewhat
    inferior build quality. asian cars - nice-looking materials (even when
    cheap), put together using exacting standards.

    --
    Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
    Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap




  13. #13
    Bill Maxwell
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:24:18 GMT, "Cat Grinder" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Startac Baby all the way...

    ....SNIP

    >"They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."
    >


    YES! I agree! As I said in another thread, I'm using a StarTac 7867W
    that's about 2 years old. It developed a slight problem this past
    spring, and Sprint told me they couldn't replace it with the same model,
    so I had switched to a Samsung A460. The A460 turned out to be such a
    piece of crap that I ended up switching back to the StarTac. I love the
    StarTac.

    The A460 was nicer looking, but that's about the only good thing I have
    to say about it. Oh A460, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...

    Oh heck, there are too many things to list them all here.

    I'll just say that I don't need fancy features. I just need a phone
    that I get good coverage with, and that has firmware that was designed
    by somebody that has used a cell phone before. The Samsung firmware
    must have been written by 7-year-olds.

    And I'm not measuring signal strength with the number of bars. I'm
    measuring it with my StarTac being able to make good reliable
    connections when the A460 had NO SERVICE. For a while, I carried them
    both around with me, and I know the StarTac has much better ability to
    connect than the A460. Even the service tech at Sprint told me the
    Samsungs didn't have as good performance as far as pickup.

    Anybody have an old StarTac they want to sell cheap? Most of you folks
    don't seem to like them, so you won't charge much, right?

    BTW, I have a Samsung A460 sitting in my closet -- only used for 3
    months or so. Hey, anybody want to swap a StarTac for an A460?


    Bill





  14. #14
    Joseph Huber
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:00:56 GMT, Bill Maxwell
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Cat Grinder" <[email protected] wrote:
    >>Startac Baby all the way...
    >>"They will have to pry my Startac from my cold, dead fingers."

    >YES! I agree!


    Same here!! 7867W forever!!!

    I've got nothing more than anecdotal evidence, but I know that my
    StarTac can make calls where the newer SprintPCS phones can't get
    service. Also, having seen the menus on the newer phones, I don't
    understand all the bashing of the StarTac menus that occurs in this
    group. The StarTac menus seems as logical and functional to me as
    anything on the new phones.

    My only gripe with the StarTac is that it can't recieve longer text
    (Wireless Web) messages, but I don't know if that's a SprintPCS issue
    or a StarTac issue. Otherwise, it works great as a phone. If I need
    to get on the Internet, I'll hook the StarTac to my laptop and access
    the Internet through a sane and friendly user interface.

    >Anybody have an old StarTac they want to sell cheap? Most of you folks
    >don't seem to like them, so you won't charge much, right?


    Head over to eBay...you should be able to find a few there. Just
    check with SprintPCS to make sure that the phone is "clean" before you
    buy it.

    Joseph Huber
    [email protected]



  15. #15
    Bill Maxwell
    Guest

    Re: Startac All the Way!!!

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:59:04 GMT, [email protected] (Joseph
    Huber) wrote:

    >....Head over to eBay...you should be able to find a few there. Just
    >check with SprintPCS to make sure that the phone is "clean" before you
    >buy it.
    >


    "Clean?" You mean not stolen?


    Bill.









  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast